Marco6661

Apr 25, 2018
No.

Tlaero pretty much confirmed a while back that anyone that went through the portal wouldn't be coming back due to how time moves and the portal being shut down.

There is always a way to write characters back in but I asked ages ago if Xara could return and was shut down so it's not something i'm waiting for.

Seeing as Xara took Crow and Morlond through that's pretty much those 3 gone from the Elsaverse.
I couldn't agree more, adding a time factor that's not the same between the two universes.
But nothing is impossible in literature, you just have to find the right plot twists. ;-)

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
It is definitely the case that what we saw happen in Demon Guard means that Crow can't come back to Sangrive in the lifespan of the human characters. But there are a couple of things that I could do to tell more of her story. There's room for her in a prequel as well as the possibility of a continuing story in the other universe.

Not promising that I'm going to do either of these things. The next game we're working on isn't an Elsaverse one, and after that the future is unwritten. But there's a decent chance that I'll eventually do at least the short story that's Trisha's favorite.

Tlaero

sergeiaug46

May 16, 2024
I thought blackout curtains would be the among the first things to buy for a safe-house:p
screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Hey Avaron1974, I'm curious what you thought of the main sex scene on the Trisha side.

Usually in sex scenes, Mortze does the images and I add narration afterward. In this one, I wrote the narration first and described the images for him to make. I was going for something that I hoped you'd enjoy, but don't know if I succeeded.

Tlaero

Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hey Avaron1974, I'm curious what you thought of the main sex scene on the Trisha side.

Usually in sex scenes, Mortze does the images and I add narration afterward. In this one, I wrote the narration first and described the images for him to make. I was going for something that I hoped you'd enjoy, but don't know if I succeeded.

Tlaero
Absolutely succeeded, Trisha and Gwen are great together.

The 69 on the chair was hot as hell and I loved the shower scene.

I wasn't sure how i'd feel about Trisha given what went on last time she was seen but she was well and truly redeemed here. To be honest I think both romances were great in this one.

Gwen is super adorable and looked great with Trish. Loved the sex scenes with them and the romance arc was sweet.

The only complaint really is Charles didn't suffer enough.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tlaero
Jan 18, 2022
I'm a Xara fan and Crow blinded her so she was supposed to forever be in the hate section.

She messed with Miranda and Chloe.

Now we see her telling stories complete with illusions and how can we stay mad at that. Shame the portal makes it near impossible for her to make a comeback.
It's easy to stay mad at Crow since she killed Anton and Tatiana.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Now that you folks have had a chance to play Gemini, I'd like to ask a question to anyone who has finished Trisha's side of the story. Please keep your answers in spoiler blocks so that you don't give it away for people who haven't played yet.

My question itself is a spoiler, so don't read this unless you've finished Trisha's story. Here it is: When did you figure out that Gwen is the Mind Flayer?

Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Now that you folks have had a chance to play Gemini, I'd like to ask a question to anyone who has finished Trisha's side of the story. Please keep your answers in spoiler blocks so that you don't give it away for people who haven't played yet.

My question itself is a spoiler, so don't read this unless you've finished Trisha's story. Here it is: When did you figure out that Gwen is the Mind Flayer?

Tlaero
With how adorable she was and her being lonely and just wanting a friend I admit I didn't even consider her.

It didn't click until her first comment to Trish in the Warehouse when she said she didn't know it was her brother.

It's one of those things where you realise all the clues were there from Trish wanting to get close and certain things they talked about to the conversation with Chloe in her office.

It should have all clicked for me sooner but with how terrified of the Mindflayer people were and how sweet she was ..... 2+2 made 5 in my head and I couldn't see her doing something like that.

Reactions: frap and Dr.TSoni

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
The suspicion was there from the beginning, but my concentration was more occupied with hoping that the sincerity in the relationship would pay off.

So it was more of an "I knew it" moment in Michael's ending

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
When did you figure out that Gwen is the Mind Flayer?
I actually didn't figure it out at all. Or maybe I was gaslighting myself into thinking that it's gotta be someone else.
My thinking was that Charles' power kinda sucks, so he's gotta have something else on his henchmen to control them. But his only ace can't be the Mind Flayer, because that would be a "who watches the Watchmen" type of deal, right?
So when Gwen was send after Michael, I didn't think much of it. I thought this was just their normal everyday business no hard feelings, because what else could they do with Charles looming with his finger over the red button. It was only after I played through Michael's perspective that I was like "wait, Gwen was supposed to be the red button herself?"
Then I was like "so what does Charles have on Gwen?" A gun? That couldn't be it, right? Because if there was no power fuckery, when Charles is around, then all it came down to was getting the jump on him like regular criminals, like Idk maybe Trisha with her own gun. Or maybe just call the cops on him with their two guns. Or maybe Gwen could've gotten her own gun, because that's what people who work for Charles can do, according to Trisha.

I guess Michael was right, when he called Charles stupid. Here we have this guy walking around dressed like a nerd, without any backup and apparently his Mind Flayer hates him, so she wouldn't even work as a dead man's switch. So why not just glass the fool at the diner The Departed style? Wasn't Michael the type of dude to woo a badass cop lady by breaking the arm of an armed assailant and tripping a robber with a gun?
Why not just go knock on Gwen's door and ask her to come out to bully this nerd 3v1?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: moskyx

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Tlaero
Not gonna lie, it completely flew under the radar for me. The name Mind Flayer completely obfuscate the actual power for me.

sergeiaug46

May 16, 2024

Tlaero
Quite early tbh, because of how lonely and eaten up with guilt she is, whilest being so instrumental to Charle's operation that Trisha has to get on her good side for her plan to succeed, and that Gwen can get Trisha's location from Charle's Finder, it probably has to be her

sergeiaug46

May 16, 2024
I actually didn't figure it out at all. Or maybe I was gaslighting myself into thinking that it's gotta be someone else.
My thinking was that Charles' power kinda sucks, so he's gotta have something else on his henchmen to control them. But his only ace can't be the Mind Flayer, because that would be a "who watches the Watchmen" type of deal, right?
So when Gwen was send after Michael, I didn't think much of it. I thought this was just their normal everyday business no hard feelings, because what else could they do with Charles looming with his finger over the red button. It was only after I played through Michael's perspective that I was like "wait, Gwen was supposed to be the red button herself?"
Then I was like "so what does Charles have on Gwen?" A gun? That couldn't be it, right? Because if there was no power fuckery, when Charles is around, then all it came down to was getting the jump on him like regular criminals, like Idk maybe Trisha with her own gun. Or maybe just call the cops on him with their two guns. Or maybe Gwen could've gotten her own gun, because that's what people who work for Charles can do, according to Trisha.

I guess Michael was right, when he called Charles stupid. Here we have this guy walking around dressed like a nerd, without any backup and apparently his Mind Flayer hates him, so she wouldn't even work as a dead man's switch. So why not just glass the fool at the diner The Departed style? Wasn't Michael the type of dude to woo a badass cop lady by breaking the arm of an armed assailant and tripping a robber with a gun?
Why not just go knock on Gwen's door and ask her to come out to bully this nerd 3v1?
It is borderline comical how much Charles turns out to be such a paper tiger when everyone feared him so much

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It is borderline comical how much Charles turns out to be such a paper tiger when everyone feared him so much
I guess that's one reason for the suggestion to start with Trisha's perspective first. In Michaels perspective Charles gets called out pretty much right away, which might ruin the suspense.
The safe house scene is a little weird in retrospect, though. Trisha's hideout gets compromised, so she decides to take a walk(???) and then the person she's been hiding from actually does stalk her from behind a dumpster, but luckily her plan of befriending the Mind Flayer already worked out, so they just go home together to shoot the shit. From this point on all the cards are in the protagonists's hands, but they still don't get proactive for some reason.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thank you, everyone for your replies. One of the hardest things for me to do is figure out if I gave too many hints or not enough. It's always illuminating to hear how different people figured things out.

As for Charles, I won't hide this behind a spoiler because it's not supposed to be a surprise. Pretty much everyone in the game thinks that he's too dumb to be a real threat. But he's in command of quite a lot of power and people were worried about him flailing about and causing collateral damage.

This isn't a game about taking down Thanos. It's a game about building a relationship (or two if you play both parts) with a backdrop of powers and shades of gray. As Trisha would say, "Good and bad are points on a line."

Personally, I think Charles is tragic.

Tlaero

Reactions: fiona96

sergeiaug46

May 16, 2024
One of the hardest things for me to do is figure out if I gave too many hints or not enough.
What is too few hints for one might be too many for the other
Even I flip flop from missing the obvious until it hit me right at my face, to seeing the ending of a book from a mile away regularly
It just depends on if my subconscious want me to figure it out or not:LOL:

fiona96

Apr 9, 2020
Tlaero and Mortze, your games are amazing! You guys really set a high bar.

Tlaero- Your character writing is great. I really get invested into the people, their relationships, and their emotions. I think you are awesome at writing all of that while somehow being fresh and not letting the character drama be "too dramatic." Since I play for the relationships, characters, and sex, the fantasy stuff sometimes goes too far for me (parts of saving chloe, just my opinion). But I have to admit the way the story has shaped up has really intrigued me! I wonder how much did you plan ahead of time.

Mortze, Its amazing to see your evolution in creating your very own art style. Your facial expressions, bodies, and sex scenes are really top notch. Your style has been great for awhile but it truly does get better each game. I always look forward to your work

The only criticism I can think of regarding this games come from a place of wanting more. I tend to like heterosexual couple sex scenes (especially already established couples) and male protagonists. I don't know why but its just how I am (which is why chasing beth was an all-timer for me). With that in mind, as much as the branching pathways/different perspectives were unique, seeing almost the same scenes again felt too much like retreading, thereby making the story feel shorter.

Also, I felt the sex scenes were too short. Michelle's and Michaels 2nd scene was great! But even then it started hopping around so much, mentioning a number of orgasms and squeezing in every position quickly without being in the moment. That isn't a bad thing necessarily but with the first was just a tease and the end was a couple of quick shots of some different positions also, I couldn't help but think "oh thats it?". There is something to be said about being in the moment and letting that rise and fall and rise again with dialogue/dirty talk and inner thoughts or author descriptions. Those sex scenes always stood out to me, like in chasing beth and finding miranda.

I appreciate your work and I can understand that these scenes take awhile to process on top of they may be limiting vs what on can do with the story. However, I just wish I had more.

Thank you so much for these games. I get so much delight from them. Looking forward to the next one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tlaero

MelanColic

Jun 11, 2024
Just finished playing it. I really enjoyed the world-building and especially the character interactions. Also, the way it is written feels like I'm reading a book, it's a nice changed of pace. Once you get into it, it's quite immersive. The visuals and character design are quite eye-catching too.
I'm now curious about the previous installments of the Elsaverse. (Now, that I think about it, I should've started with the first one, but oh well...)
Good stuff! (y)

Reactions: Dr.TSoni