VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ghost in the Sheets [Ch. 1] [Deus Ex Vagina]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
deusexvagina be more careful when part of the information depend of a choice that the player can possibly haven't made.

By example, if you ask Laura to hack Xylon, instead of firstly talk to the researchers, then the way she later announce that a guy form the lab have been found dead, have no sense. It can't be the guy they just talked to, since they talked to no one ; at first I was wondering why she didn't said "the father", since it's the only guy encountered in my play.
You wrote the code so that, after talking to the researchers, it will fall back to Laura hacking them, and apparently stayed in this way for the following part of the game ; totally forgetting that it was an optional choice. But like you presented the choice in the opposite way (hacking is the first option), many players will never talk, and so wonder who "the guy" can be.
Anyway, even if the choice were in the right order, you should never assume that all players will follow this order and, like said above, be more careful about that.
You used the visitedXylonMedical flag above, to deal with the fact they tried to talk first, you should have kept using it for any dialog related to this visit ; therefore also to alter Laura talk regarding her discovery.

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
deusexvagina be more careful when part of the information depend of a choice that the player can possibly haven't made.

By example, if you ask Laura to hack Xylon, instead of firstly talk to the researchers, then the way she later announce that a guy form the lab have been found dead, have no sense. It can't be the guy they just talked to, since they talked to no one ; at first I was wondering why she didn't said "the father", since it's the only guy encountered in my play.
You wrote the code so that, after talking to the researchers, it will fall back to Laura hacking them, and apparently stayed in this way for the following part of the game ; totally forgetting that it was an optional choice. But like you presented the choice in the opposite way (hacking is the first option), many players will never talk, and so wonder who "the guy" can be.
Anyway, even if the choice were in the right order, you should never assume that all players will follow this order and, like said above, be more careful about that.
You used the visitedXylonMedical flag above, to deal with the fact they tried to talk first, you should have kept using it for any dialog related to this visit ; therefore also to alter Laura talk regarding her discovery.
Thank you, you are completely right and I forgot about that. Now that you mention it I rewrote the scene last week and dropped the flag along the way, I'll get that changed with the next update.

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
Just to clarify, changelog mentioned two scenes, but I only found one (on rooftop with Daryl), no counting scene with Daryl from first release. What could I possible missed? Or changelog means that old scene as second one?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Just to clarify, changelog mentioned two scenes, but I only found one (on rooftop with Daryl), no counting scene with Daryl from first release. What could I possible missed? Or changelog means that old scene as second one?
There are two sex scenes, total, in the game so far. You haven't missed anything. If you go back and read the Changelog, you will notice that the 2 sex scenes item is under the header, Intro and Chapter 1.

Reactions: Aazkaal

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
I am cleaning up my game library and would like to keep this one, but it's been 2 months since the first release. If there isn't an update forthcoming soon, I'll have to remove this one too.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I am cleaning up my game library and would like to keep this one, but it's been 2 months since the first release. If there isn't an update forthcoming soon, I'll have to remove this one too.
I am also starting to wonder - deusexvagina was last seen here on October 3rd and the last Patreon post is dated September 30th.

Reactions: JimMorrison19

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm deeply sorry for having to abandon the game, I had a lot of fun making it. Reasons are manyfold, my hard drive and GPU died in a surge or something (meaning I lost all the character and scene files), but also I published this way too early when it was only a demo and I never really thought it would catch on, got overwhelmed with the workload and life.

I want to return to it at a later date, but I have to redo everything from scratch (and make backups ffs), for the time being I'm working on a noir detective VN called Sliver of Hoe. If there's enough interest in this one I'll return to it as well, not sure if it's worth bringing it back up from the ashes.

Sorry again, if anyone was a Patreon sub for Ghost in the Sheets send me a pm with your user name and I'll make sure you get the first Sliver of Hoe paid update for free.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm deeply sorry for having to abandon the game, I had a lot of fun making it. Reasons are manyfold, my hard drive and GPU died in a surge or something (meaning I lost all the character and scene files), but also I published this way too early when it was only a demo and I never really thought it would catch on, got overwhelmed with the workload and life.

I want to return to it at a later date, but I have to redo everything from scratch (and make backups ffs), for the time being I'm working on a noir detective VN called Sliver of Hoe. If there's enough interest in this one I'll return to it as well, not sure if it's worth bringing it back up from the ashes.

Sorry again, if anyone was a Patreon sub for Ghost in the Sheets send me a pm with your user name and I'll make sure you get the first Sliver of Hoe paid update for free.
A pity that you have had to abandon this game. But I look forward to the release of your new game.

Please keep up the fight. We have too few developers in the adult-game industry who have your ability to narrate. (y) You do need to work on your animation skills, though. ;)

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
A pity that you have had to abandon this game. But I look forward to the release of your new game.

Please keep up the fight. We have too few developers in the adult-game industry who have your ability to narrate. (y) You do need to work on your animation skills, though. ;)
Thank you, that's really nice of you! And yes, I do have to work on them, working in Daz is stupidly hard compared to Blender and it's a pain to animate. But I'm working on it, slowly getting the hang of things. The new game is much easier to find content for (more assets for modern settings), I'm already well into the second chapter as far as the writing goes which is further than I ever got with this game since everything took so much longer. But here's hoping I'll be able to revive this at some point. Thanks again for the nice words!

Reactions: Walter Victor

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some other devs switched to Blender to get their kinks on with better and smoother animations.
Why would a Blender whiz go buy assests instead of sculpting them in Blender and work against the grain of DAZ is beyond me. Domiek switched to Blender and is reaping the rewards ... I cannot see any discernable difference and yes, easy to animate!
working in Daz is stupidly hard compared to Blender and it's a pain to animate

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Some other devs switched to Blender to get their kinks on with better and smoother animations.
Why would a Blender whiz go buy assests instead of sculpting them in Blender and work against the grain of DAZ is beyond me. Domiek switched to Blender and is reaping the rewards ... I cannot see any discernable difference and yes, easy to animate!
Mostly a time constraint. I have close to a decade in Blender under my belt (always loved it, every other program should take a note on how to control a full program all with keyboard shortcuts so eloquently), but it's just not viable for a single developer.

Even using the pre-made assets and importing them into Blender it takes at least an hour to get any kind of asset into Blender and fix the materials and bones even with the Daz Importer Plugin. Then if you realize an hour into your work that you'd really like a different clothing item you're doing it all over again.

Sculpting a new character takes forever anyway, plus the rigging and texturing you're looking at far too many hours to do this besides a day job and real life.

Daz on the other hand I can create a character and scene super-quick, assuming I have all the assets I can assemble everything I need for an image in under ten minutes and then plus whatever rendering takes.

So yes, I prefer working in Blender but it's just not worth it compared to a suite where I have everything in one place. Maybe now that Blender will soon get unreal live link we might be looking at great times to make some really cool photorealistic games, but that's something for the future.

I do lewd animations with Blender on occasion, that's alwas much easier to animate.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I'm happy to hear you're considering giving it another go, the writing, the setting and the gritty approach to sexuality is what appealed to me, not necessarily the assets (though Moira did have a very pretty face)
edit: also the pose in the final screenshot on page1, daryl_sex6.png, is really hot

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote