4.90 star(s) 29 Votes
Jul 12, 2021
You know, I've been thinking a bit about Maryen's mom putting a hit on Vai'Klis and this action, while extreme, is not without warrant if we ignore Kendra's perspective and look at the objective situation:
- Vai'Klis is a dark elf, who are known even through Lamidania for their cruelty and evil. Already a fundation of distrust for Kendra's friend.
- Vai'Klis is also not just a random alchemist, but a denizen of the fucking Hell Kingdom, a kingdom which is hell bent on destroying Keisiema. Another point of worry since she could be afraid for Kendra's life.
- Kendra was a rebellious kid all the way to adulthood, resulting in caging Kendra for her playful antics and a strained relationship between mother and daughter. Knowing Kendra's character, her mom was worried she would be corrupted by the Hell Kingdom and her newfound 'friend'.
- Even if Vai'Klis was not evil before her death, there is absolutely no indication of Kendra ever informing her mother of the fact even when asked and instead simply told her to fuck off. Maryen and her dad were both sympathetic to Kendra and willing to stand up for her, so their views would be inherently biased. All of that which yet again raises alarm bells about what Vai'Klis 'true' character might be and what she's doing to her daughter...
-Combine all of that with a turbulent political situation, preparation for the purification armies to mercy kill the undead as well as inability to go confont Vai'Klis herself due to starting a diplomatic incident at best or putting Keisiema in danger at worst...So she sends 2 soldiers to do what needs to be done instead.
Her decision to eliminate Vai'Klis was not irrational. It was motivated by her circumstances at the time.

Last edited:

confusedreamer

Formerly 'firednerve'
Sep 5, 2022
You know, I've been thinking a bit about Maryen's mom putting a hit on Vai'Klis and this action, while extreme, is not without warrant if we ignore Kendra's and look at the objective situation:
- Vai'Klis is a dark elf, who are known even throught Lamidania for their cruelty and evil. Already a fundation of distrust for Kendra's friend.
- Vai'Klis is also not just a randon alchemist, but a denizen of the fucking Hell Kingdom, a kingdom which is hell bent on destroying Keisiema. Another point of worry since she could be afraid for Kendra's life.
- Kendra was a rebellious kid all the way to adulthood, resulting in caging Kendra for her playful antics and a strained relationship between mother and daughter. Knowing Kendra's character, her mom was worried she would be corrupted by the Hell Kingdom and her newfound 'friend'.
- Even if Vai'Klis was not evil before her death, there is absolutely no indication of Kendra ever informing her mother of the fact even when asked and instead simply told her to fuck off. Maryen and her dad were both sympathetic to Kendra and willing to stand up for her, so their views would be inherently biased. All of that which yet again raises alarm bells about what Vai'Klis 'true' character might be and what she's doing to her daughter...
-Combine all of that with a turbulent political situation, preparation for the purification armies to mercy kill the undead as well as inability to go confont Vai'Klis herself due to starting a diplomatic incident at best or putting Keisiema in danger at worst...So she sends 2 soldiers to do what needs to be done instead.
Her decision to eliminate Vai'Klis was not irrational. It was motivated by her circumstances at the time.
Great points, a Vai'Klis who performed the "corruption ritual" if there is one to complete Kendra's transformation from angel to demoness might be another factor; Maryen's mom probably understood that dark elves, and especially one like Vai'Klis, knew such magic and didn't want her daughter to fall to the dark side.
Ofc, we don't know if such a ritual exists, perhaps Diula's route might end up explaining how one transforms to demon fully as opposed to just being more sadistic.

I also find it interesting that the two undead giantesses we meet in-game, Makla and Vai'Klis, have been far more cruel in the past but have mellowed out quite a bit. They're the only characters in Homaspernia with something resembling a morality, and it makes me think that perhaps becoming undead makes you more compassionate and more averse to wounding or killing the living.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Great points, a Vai'Klis who performed the "corruption ritual" if there is one to complete Kendra's transformation from angel to demoness might be another factor; Maryen's mom probably understood that dark elves, and especially one like Vai'Klis, knew such magic and didn't want her daughter to fall to the dark side.
Ofc, we don't know if such a ritual exists, perhaps Diula's route might end up explaining how one transforms to demon fully as opposed to just being more sadistic.

I also find it interesting that the two undead giantesses we meet in-game, Makla and Vai'Klis, have been far more cruel in the past but have mellowed out quite a bit. They're the only characters in Homaspernia with something resembling a morality, and it makes me think that perhaps becoming undead makes you more compassionate and more averse to wounding or killing the living.
We don’t know if Val or Makla were cruel in the past.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I think this shows why people get a little confused with how to get Kendra / Nyxmay
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Woops forgot Synanla. Edited.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
You know, I've been thinking a bit about Maryen's mom putting a hit on Vai'Klis and this action, while extreme, is not without warrant if we ignore Kendra's and look at the objective situation:
- Vai'Klis is a dark elf, who are known even throught Lamidania for their cruelty and evil. Already a fundation of distrust for Kendra's friend.
- Vai'Klis is also not just a randon alchemist, but a denizen of the fucking Hell Kingdom, a kingdom which is hell bent on destroying Keisiema. Another point of worry since she could be afraid for Kendra's life.
Question. How did Maryen's mom found out about Vai'Klis in the first place? I assume that Kendra did tell about her eventually. Maybe she tried to use her new friend as a string to pull, manipulating Kendra to prevent her from visiting Hell Kingdom. But at this point I feel like we are demonizing her way too much.

Jul 12, 2021
It was never said that Dark Elves are evil in GG
Actually, Vai'Kliss herself comments on her people:
"Just a little... since I'm with you, those fragments are... easy to put together."
"Underground, in giant caves..."
"There's a few giant underground cities here in Homaspernia..."
"Many dark elves and other creatures live there."
"I can't remember much but..."
"I know that I left that place, because I used to hate it..."
"A lot of things happened down there... that I think that I should be grateful to forget..."
Then there is also her comments on where she learned to make potions:
"And from my adiestration back at the dark elf lands... I also remember how to make quite a variety of poisons."
"However...I prefer to not make them, this place is already violent and cruel...I don't want to contribute to make it worse."

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Actually, Vai'Kliss herself comments on her people:
"Just a little... since I'm with you, those fragments are... easy to put together."
"Underground, in giant caves..."
"There's a few giant underground cities here in Homaspernia..."
"Many dark elves and other creatures live there."
"I can't remember much but..."
"I know that I left that place, because I used to hate it..."
"A lot of things happened down there... that I think that I should be grateful to forget..."
Then there is also her comments on where she learned to make potions:
"And from my adiestration back at the dark elf lands... I also remember how to make quite a variety of poisons."
"However...I prefer to not make them, this place is already violent and cruel...I don't want to contribute to make it worse."

Oh yeah, i forgot about that, my bad.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.61

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

Size 180 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .

Game Developers: Want to talk about an official Android version for your game? Come join my Discord.
Updated my android port.

4.90 star(s) 29 Votes