5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Not really fond of VNs, but this looks cool and good regardless. Besides, the prospect of having some gameplay after a while is reconforting. Best of luck to you, dev o/

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
crystal-geyser - you're thinking of the original placeholder. So this is more than a simple update for sure. I have been making the novels in the order that my investors choose, so Of Sex and Souls is now all that remains of the originals which I'll do after I finish this one. I know I covered the Mandela Effect on my youtube channel, but you're not experiencing that! Lol

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
Seems promising! Will keep an eye on the development, wish the dev luck! ^_^

Btw, what type of gameplay will there be after chapter 4?

Will there be pregnancy involved? I'm assuming there will be "Multiple endings", right?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
HerrLeutnant - thank you! It is a rather complicated answer that I have for your question. If you're a familiar with the game mode of my Desideratum game, it will work like that. Inventory, items, maps, random fights, boss fights and such. However, my programmer and friend that was gutting and remaking the game mode from scratch has recently vanished.

He and I talked almost every day for a year but he suddenly went silent about a month ago and I worry COVID-19 or something has possibly hurt him. I am very hopeful that he will return! It is by the help of my programmer fans that I am able to do anything like that. So as of right now I am not sure when I will be able to implement the game mode. On the flip side, as with DBB the game mode would not kick in until chapter 4 because that makes the most sense.

If you'd like even more insight on my GN plans, I shall be releasing a video on April fool's Day! That will be on my YouTube channel, and I will likely put a link here when I upload it. It will go into more depth. I'm glad that you enjoyed this chapter one, and just know that there are so many more games for you to enjoy besides this one that I have finished!

EDIT: I had just woken when I answered you earlier, but yes, as with DBB there will be well over 100 Bad Ends, and some will have pregnancy and the multiple endings will work like my Cult of Corruption game with your choices leading to the game's end with the canonical ending, a supervillain Trixie ending, or a Trixie who is now a giggle girl end!

Last edited:

ConsoleCog

Aug 9, 2016
Looks really good! A lot of the more out there stuff you can avoid. Renders are amazing, writing is great. Story is solid so far, looking forward to the later releases!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I've never liked your games, and this one is no exception, but I very much respect you for sticking to your weird gross vision instead of making generic gobbo incest game #4536.. it's a nice change
Thanks! Honestly, after looking at your post history, this is one of the nicest things I think you've said and I appreciate that! I also learned that the stuff you're into is not the things I like, so while I won't insult you the way you do me and my fans, I will say that I certainly can understand why you wouldn't like my projects. In the future you should avoid them, of course, and thanks again!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I know stories based on bad ends are your preferred style, but I think a game that uses similar themes while employing a more standard branching paths system could be interesting. It would take considerably more planning and writing though. Anyways, nice work as always, and I'm glad your patreon has grown decently!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
employing a more standard branching paths system could be interesting.
That is the plan for GN! It would not work well for Desideratum, but on this one, it will also work similar to Cult of Corruption. In other words, as you will go through the story, if you make selfish choices, you'll slowly become corrupt, and that means scenes later in this game will be different. It also means different choices and ultimately, a supervillain Bad End. The second half of this project will be facing the Giggle Gang and once there, you can also make choices that will affect your infection stat. That will also change scenes and eventually lead to a final end as a Giggler Girl. Of course, making all the choices that a superhero would, will end in the canonical end! basically, exactly what you said!

Reactions: desmosome

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Yes! I remember playing this some years back and it was my favorite among your entire collection. I was a bit sad when it got left in the backburner in favor of your other stories, but now it's back!

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Indeed, the investors voted for it this time though! I always feel it's best to allow those that are financially keeping me alive to decide the order we do these lol but, it is now the Gigglers turn!

Dattman

Oct 19, 2017
While i like that you clarify what what kind of experience people should expect from the game, i feel like suggesting that the game may not be simple enough for those who aren't interested (thus inferring that the game is too complicated for them), rather than just appealing to "if that isn't to your taste", probably risks a fair portion of people getting a skewed opinion of the game before even playing it. I assume that was not intentional.

Anyway i do hope your development goes smoothly

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you! Yes, after dealing with so much complaining on Desideratum of people just looking "for a fast fap", I added that warning there and it worked like a charm. I think it will work well here too, but I appreciate your thoughts!

Reactions: Dattman

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Anax has spoiled me. Like many of his other games I've played, here I was invested, surprised how 'at the edge of my seat' I was and.. I encountered something I've never experienced in any Anax game I've played before..

An end of update screen popped up. I was like... wait what? But..that's not.. then I remembered OMG duh this literally just released lmao I'm so used to going through your other stuff all in 1 or a few sittings and I've become spoiled xD

Interesting stuff so far. Adding in that bit about (Westerson? Forget her name) The doctor who made the cure having a possible past with Giggler was a good call imo, adds intrigue and investment to the story outside of the antagonist being simply a psycho and MC avoiding a bad fate (thrilling sure, but frankly, ultimately boring imo) I like the connection that stuff adds there.

Anyway, great stuff, looking forward to seeing it play out, best of luck.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Mograx - you're going to spoil me with all those compliments! Yes as with my other tells there will be a lot of interesting connections between characters and there will be a lot of character development!

Reactions: Mograx
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes