4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Updated again! Adds level settings. Add files to ver 0.3.0
from Boko's twitter page:

"
GBH-CP2 0.3.0a (update file for 0.3.0)

-Added level adjustment function to each character.
(Talk to the blue or red portal)
・ Tips are displayed when the game starts.

* Update file for 0.3.0.
Please do not make any mistakes.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

For the time being, prepare a mirror, but if possible, please download from Google Drive.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

-Added level adjustment function to each character.
(Talk to the blue or red portal)
-Tips are displayed when the game starts.
"

<-----link is dead

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
DISAPPOINTING!

So all there is is 1 new fight. Using 99% old animations. The only new thing is the attack sequence C and thats not even sexy.
The rest is re-used content put together.

Also, refering to the new girl as "monster lord" is kinda gay.
As for the girl itsself, he only always uses 1 and the same base model with the same tits and everything.
Which would be ok if they'd have tons of new unique skills and animations, but all we get is the same old stuff over and over and over again.

And that is all he did in the last 7 Months.
While cashing in on his Patreons.
Reminds me of Koda

Reactions: vondlan

Jhony Miro

May 24, 2018
Reminds me of Koda
Nah, that guy is just clearly inane.
Boko877 made it pretty clear that his main focus right now is the new UFG game. He was also pretty transparent the contents of this GBF update and delivered it in april, exactly as he promised.
Can't say I'm satisfied with amount of content he makes over several months, but he makes regular progress reports and teasers on Twitter and there isn't a myriad of delays like in TOT.

Reactions: Hero sama

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
DISAPPOINTING!

So all there is is 1 new fight. Using 99% old animations. The only new thing is the attack sequence C and thats not even sexy.
The rest is re-used content put together.

Also, refering to the new girl as "monster lord" is kinda gay.
As for the girl itsself, he only always uses 1 and the same base model with the same tits and everything.
Which would be ok if they'd have tons of new unique skills and animations, but all we get is the same old stuff over and over and over again.

And that is all he did in the last 7 Months.
While cashing in on his Patreons.
Boko said he was working on UFG2 after the last GBH update. I'm no expert, but from my experience, it takes about 6 hours of solid hard frustrating work to get 1 second of decent animation.
That being said, I am a bit disappointed with this update. Even with the rehashed animations, I'm sure that different camera angles (a simple enough task if the animation is already good to go) would add a lot more to the gameplay experience. It just didn't live up to End Boss expectations.
Also...
1. The ability to grind to level 99... or just to use an inventory item to get to level 99, makes the "final battle" way too easy. The Monster Lord can't last 10 rounds unless I let her. These options are things that should be unlockable options after beating the game fair and square. Maybe you gain EXP from each initial victory to level up appropriately, but DON'T gain EXP from grinding. Seems simple enough. Not sure how bullying Eirifiru makes me a better fighter.
2. Much of the information in the ìUù¬âqâôâg(Enemy Tips).txt file should be disseminated throughout gameplay. Some of the stuff you can figure out for yourself through trial and error, but there are a number of variables and tactics that will confound the average person. Astride, Shisen, Loretta, Alicia, Sejna... the way they're combat balanced makes it really difficult to understand what they're doing without the hints... I mean, who TF really thinks that you beat an enemy by doing nothing but defending until they're exhausted to such an extent that the enemy only has one attack left?
3. The skip fight option is dumb. Maybe if the Story Skip option wasn't in there AND you couldn't grind for levels it would make sense, eg. skip a fight that you don't think you can win, but NOT get EXP for it... which puts you at a disadvantage for the rest of the game. Maybe even make it so that skipping a fight gives you a hint about HOW to win the fight and where you missed the hint during gameplay.
4. Plot-wise... Boko kind of rushed himself into a spot where he simply won't be motivated to finish off all the loose ends in the game. The final boss fight is done. There's an aesthetically satisfyiing plot loop for replay. The downside is that because of this, there are multiple rooms he'll never be interested in finishing. There's the monetary mechanic he'll never bother with ( I loved the idea that Camille could destroy your armor with her tits in the Demo version... but Boko never made a shop to buy replacement armor from!) There's all the foodstuff you can get from the cafeteria in the Luciana Empire. There's all the minor NPC's with extremely limited interactions that will never be expanded on.

Bottom line... this game caters to dudes who A) just like to beat games and/or B) love the idea of a hot chick kicking their asses. He made it too easy for both demographics.

My suggestions:
Obvs, balance the overall gameplay to MC's abilities, based on level. If Alf gets trounced, give hints. If Alf gets trounced repeatedly... tell us where hints were missed along with Game Overs. If my little sister repeatedly proves that she can demolish me, I should lose or level down, having to fight my way back to a level where I can challenge her. Grinding should be for fun, not for extremely patient gamers to make themselves unbeatable.
For the sake of equality, let us choose to make Alf be a female. This would require damn near doubling the size of the game just in the "movies" folder, but it would also increase the demographic. (Personally, I just want strong, busty women to kick my weak white CIS male ass, but... you know... inclusivity and shit.) Alf's "Void" skill can be used to explain why a female Alf isn't getting more powerful from absorbing ambient magic.
When Alf gets equipment upgrades, say that there's been some sort of "Magic-quake" that buffs all your potential enemies.... re-balace the game to make all fights more competitive rather than adding an "another" option. Use those "another" options for different characters... like the guards in Eirifiru's court or the ones in the hallways... there's plenty of women in the game who haven't beaten my ass and I feel bad for them.
Provide more interactions with NPC's. If the cafeteria workers don't want me in the kitchen, have them squash me like the cleaning girl and the dressing girl in the Luciana Empire. Let the weakest fighter in the Luciana Empire physically dominate me. Have the soldier in the cafeteria beat me at armwrestling. I'm here to either be overwhelmed or to beat overwhelming odds against superior opponents or both.
MOAR FYTTE CONTENT!!! FYTTE FETISH 4 LYFE!!!
And... just an idea... give Alf a captured girlfriend to rescue... from Eirifiru... then Auphemia... then Selunalia... then the Monster Lord... only to have her kick Alf's ass all over the world.

EDIT: ALSO, plot-wise... Boko will probably never be motivated to implement the girl from the Magic Academy into the game... what a shame..,.,

Last edited:

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Boko said he was working on UFG2 after the last GBH update. I'm no expert, but from my experience, it takes about 6 hours of solid hard frustrating work to get 1 second of decent animation.
That being said, I am a bit disappointed with this update. Even with the rehashed animations, I'm sure that different camera angles (a simple enough task if the animation is already good to go) would add a lot more to the gameplay experience. It just didn't live up to End Boss expectations.
Also...
1. The ability to grind to level 99... or just to use an inventory item to get to level 99, makes the "final battle" way too easy. The Monster Lord can't last 10 rounds unless I let her. These options are things that should be unlockable options after beating the game fair and square. Maybe you gain EXP from each initial victory to level up appropriately, but DON'T gain EXP from grinding. Seems simple enough. Not sure how bullying Eirifiru makes me a better fighter.
2. Much of the information in the ìUù¬âqâôâg(Enemy Tips).txt file should be disseminated throughout gameplay. Some of the stuff you can figure out for yourself through trial and error, but there are a number of variables and tactics that will confound the average person. Astride, Shisen, Loretta, Alicia, Sejna... the way they're combat balanced makes it really difficult to understand what they're doing without the hints... I mean, who TF really thinks that you beat an enemy by doing nothing but defending until they're exhausted to such an extent that the enemy only has one attack left?
3. The skip fight option is dumb. Maybe if the Story Skip option wasn't in there AND you couldn't grind for levels it would make sense, eg. skip a fight that you don't think you can win, but NOT get EXP for it... which puts you at a disadvantage for the rest of the game. Maybe even make it so that skipping a fight gives you a hint about HOW to win the fight and where you missed the hint during gameplay.
4. Plot-wise... Boko kind of rushed himself into a spot where he simply won't be motivated to finish off all the loose ends in the game. The final boss fight is done. There's an aesthetically satisfyiing plot loop for replay. The downside is that because of this, there are multiple rooms he'll never be interested in finishing. There's the monetary mechanic he'll never bother with ( I loved the idea that Camille could destroy your armor with her tits in the Demo version... but Boko never made a shop to buy replacement armor from!) There's all the foodstuff you can get from the cafeteria in the Luciana Empire. There's all the minor NPC's with extremely limited interactions that will never be expanded on.

Bottom line... this game caters to dudes who A) just like to beat games and/or B) love the idea of a hot chick kicking their asses. He made it too easy for both demographics.

My suggestions:
Obvs, balance the overall gameplay to MC's abilities, based on level. If Alf gets trounced, give hints. If Alf gets trounced repeatedly... tell us where hints were missed along with Game Overs. If my little sister repeatedly proves that she can demolish me, I should lose or level down, having to fight my way back to a level where I can challenge her. Grinding should be for fun, not for extremely patient gamers to make themselves unbeatable.
For the sake of equality, let us choose to make Alf be a female. This would require damn near doubling the size of the game just in the "movies" folder, but it would also increase the demographic. (Personally, I just want strong, busty women to kick my weak white CIS male ass, but... you know... inclusivity and shit.) Alf's "Void" skill can be used to explain why a female Alf isn't getting more powerful from absorbing ambient magic.
When Alf gets equipment upgrades, say that there's been some sort of "Magic-quake" that buffs all your potential enemies.... re-balace the game to make all fights more competitive rather than adding an "another" option. Use those "another" options for different characters... like the guards in Eirifiru's court or the ones in the hallways... there's plenty of women in the game who haven't beaten my ass and I feel bad for them.
Provide more interactions with NPC's. If the cafeteria workers don't want me in the kitchen, have them squash me like the cleaning girl and the dressing girl in the Luciana Empire. Let the weakest fighter in the Luciana Empire physically dominate me. Have the soldier in the cafeteria beat me at armwrestling. I'm here to either be overwhelmed or to beat overwhelming odds against superior opponents or both.
MOAR FYTTE CONTENT!!! FYTTE FETISH 4 LYFE!!!
And... just an idea... give Alf a captured girlfriend to rescue... from Eirifiru... then Auphemia... then Selunalia... then the Monster Lord... only to have her kick Alf's ass all over the world.

EDIT: ALSO, plot-wise... Boko will probably never be motivated to implement the girl from the Magic Academy into the game... what a shame..,.,
You do know Alf isn't meant to be leveled, right? Level 99 is the equivalent of selecting easy mode. And anyways he's adding an option to customize enemy stats.

Reactions: kaiser16374849

kyoow

Jun 24, 2018
I´m having a problem with the new update.
It is saying: failed to load: data/map055.json when I try to go to the castle. Do you know how to fix it?

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
You do know Alf isn't meant to be leveled, right? Level 99 is the equivalent of selecting easy mode. And anyways he's adding an option to customize enemy stats.
??? Alf gets like 84,000 XP from beating Auphemia... Alf gets leveled.
As far as the rest... that's the point. The game IS easy mode. I know Boko put time and effort into balancing out many of the enemies so that the fights were tough, even if you read the tips. Then he makes the game and it's like... you don't even have to bother fighting. I like many of the customizable features, but again, they're more like something I'd expect to earn rather than to just have. At the very least, there should be a game mode where you're required fight the enemies as Boko intended in order to progress.

EchoofZen

Sep 14, 2018
At the very least, there should be a game mode where you're required fight the enemies as Boko intended in order to progress.
You ARE fighting them as intended, given how he is the one that made it.
I like many of the customizable features, but again, they're more like something I'd expect to earn rather than to just have.
Then set your stats to something reasonable and don't bother changing them.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
I´m having a problem with the new update.
It is saying: failed to load: data/map055.json when I try to go to the castle. Do you know how to fix it?
Did this happen in version 030 or after updating it to 030a?
I assume Monster Lord's castle, as maps 52-57 do not exist in version 029.
The version 030a update does not contain a map055 file, as your meant to combine the old and new folders, overwriting some of the older files with the newer ones.
Did you replace the www\data folder instead of combining them?
If that's what you did, either add the 030 data folders back in without overwriting the 030a files, or overwrite first with the 030 files, then overwrite those with the 030a files and you should be back in business.

Last edited:

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
You ARE fighting them as intended, given how he is the one that made it.
He balanced the opponents to be faced by MC at a specific power level. You know that THAT's what I'm talking about.
Then set your stats to something reasonable and don't bother changing them.
I'm aware that I can change my stats, homey.
You're missing the point. Boko takes the time to set up challenging gameplay... which can be subverted NOT by cheating... NOT by finding an exploit... but by using the MC's god-mode powers to change his own stats, the enemy stats, to auto-win before a battle, or to just skip to another episode in the story.
These criticisms come from the perspective of someone who enjoys a sense of accomplishment by winning games and appreciates playing through the scenarios by overcoming obstacles. In this game, it's up to the player to decide if anything's going to even be an obstacle. There's no sense of accomplishment.
If you're just here for the content... you're obviously not going to care.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
You don't have a point. The simple, easy solution to all your problems is simply NOT doing something. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
If you say so.
But if someone challenges you to play Tic Tac Toe and says that, according to the rules, you get to go 3 times first... you're not going to get much out of it.
And it's not a problem. GBH is a really fun interactive experience if you're into what it offers. It's just not a good game.

Keobr

Feb 1, 2018
Where you guys got a problem? Want a challenge? Play from 1st level, and suffer, cose shisen will rape you with out a chance, and youll stuck on first battle. Want balansed game - just dont turn your stats to max, want to dominate enemies - you have a possibility. But some people want to take this possibilities away cose they have no power of will to play as they want, dont pass battles and dont turn 99 level, and than they saying that game is guilty in this....

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes