danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
The makeup persists on the player paperdoll, btw, even after the player takes it off. Even after loading a previous save before applying or even purchasing the makeup. The player paperdoll only resets after the game client is restarted.
Yeah, the makeup display logic isn't all written yet; I shouldn't have included it in this update - although I can assure you it'll all be working by 0.5.4!

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
I am so confused at this point. I know there was another version of this game and I know it's being re-done. The original version the story was almost the end of the first if I'm correct. This version seems very different. It seems the bus pass is gone. The 5.2 version went into something called free roam and then this newer version states that current content is over at Chapter 3 but then Chapter 4 starts.

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
I am so confused at this point. I know there was another version of this game and I know it's being re-done. The original version the story was almost the end of the first if I'm correct. This version seems very different. It seems the bus pass is gone. The 5.2 version went into something called free roam and then this newer version states that current content is over at Chapter 3 but then Chapter 4 starts.
The game has gone through something of a journey, but this is the final version! If you want to know more about the ins and outs of all that and why it's being redone, i suggest taking a peek at , but the short version is that there were basically three (or I guess four) versions of the game:

- The original Twine version (this wasn't complete - it ran to about the same place that the current version does although a lot of the Heather/Jennifer content was very similar)

- The Ren'py version - this was nothing more than a very short 'demo' for me to test out whether I wanted to pursue the remake of the game in this engine (it was nothing more than the first chapter)

- The Godot version - the first iteration of this ran up to the competition itself, but only if you chose the Heather path. pretty much everything else was off limits and I got a lot of complaints about that. Also the UI was dreadful, a lot of the underlying systems were hard-coded and not really scaleable. So the current version is the Godot refactor, where I've put a lot of time into making it look/feel better and to make sure I'm using better coding practices as much as I can (at least within my limits!). I think by now, this version already has more unique content than any other previous attempt at seeing this game through - both the Heather and Jennifer paths are totally unique, you can hook up with Amy and also a random woman at the nightclub, everything is set up and in place for more branching too once I see through the main Girl Games narrative, which should be done by three updates time.

There's always been the 'warning' message you're referring to - it triggers at the end of the last full/complete chapter, warning the player that after that, things won't work as planned. It's not something added only into this update, although I can see why it might be confusing. But yeah, it was either that or totally wall off the rest of the content and send players back to the start menu and I figured people might wanna still explore or whatever, which is probably why it was named 'free roam' vs just the updated chapter name in the last version.

And as for the bus thing - I'm honestly not sure what you mean? I know I have plans for the sketchy dude/drug dealer guy to sell a conterfeit bus pass at some point, but I've not implemented that just yet. Tbh, right now, there should be enough money in game to get you to and from the city to see most of the story through? And you can plead with the bus driver and/or borrow money from Kevin on days/quests which rely on the bus? But if there was some magic bus pass in a previous version of the game that i'm totally forgetting that did something incredible, then my apologies!

Just as a final note, not even quite addressed to the above but just in general I guess, I realize how crazy it seems that I've redone the game so many times. I guess I'm a perfectionist and I wasn't prepared to see a version throught if it didn't quite align with the version I had in my head. But I can assure you that this version does and it's the one I'll be seeing through to completion. I've learnt a lot about game-making working on this game so long, and I guess a part of me wishes I hadn't made all these trial and error mistakes in public, yet at the same time I wouldn't have gathered all the (mostly negative!) feedback to make the game better this time around. I seem to get a lot of negative comments about the fact that its gone through so many revisions or I've tried out various game engines or whatever, but it seems like nobody's really noticed or cared that I've at least stuck with it and been trying to see this same damn game through since 2019 when I could have easily abandoned it at the first whiff of negativity. It's not like I've been making bank on Patreon this whole time or anything, stringing it out to keep the money coming in. It's only in the last couple months that the game has made anything more than $70 a month, it's honestly just been a labor of love. I truly care about this game and I'm determined to see it through - even if the journey to get there has been so strange and scrappy.

Okay, essay over! x

are x you x mad

Feb 3, 2022
guys how can we make money in this game ?
and theres a bug in the modeling ever time i enter the hall it close the game so theres no way i ca finsh the game pls help thx

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
guys how can we make money in this game ?
and theres a bug in the modeling ever time i enter the hall it close the game so theres no way i ca finsh the game pls help thx
Hi! There was an issue with the second modelling scene crashing the game, which was fixed with the latest Hotfix version - is that the one you're playing? If not, if you download and install it, your current saves should still work and the issue (hopefully) won't happen! if you're playing the hotfix version and it's still the case, maybe shoot me a DM and we can try and figure out what's going wrong!

Dreamatrix

Aug 11, 2019
Happy new year dev, will there be any plans for android (if you forgotten, godot can do android) version this year? :D

PS: Is it just me or at the start of the year got mass launch/updates of 39 furry/monster genre games. :eek::unsure:

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Happy new year dev, will there be any plans for android (if you forgotten, godot can do android) version this year? :D

PS: Is it just me or at the start of the year got mass launch/updates of 39 furry/monster genre games. :eek::unsure:
Replied to this just now on TFGames, but yes there WILL be an android version - I'm going to do some refactoring/etc and start the android version once the main storyline and it's after-effects are all in place (which will be by 0.5.7). So maybe 3-6 months from now, depending on how long each update takes me?

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
can you please upload a zip file instead of an EXE? I don't trust exe files of unknown files
Genuine question though, what would you be expecting to find in the zip file? Godot exports as either .pck and .exe, or a bundled version (which is how I've currently exported the game for PC). Either way, there'd be an exe file in the zip! if you'd prefer to play that rather than downloading anything?

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes