sia47

Jul 29, 2018
It was 10 days ago "Astaros3D" said "in couple of days everything will be ready"
I cant remember none of patreon developers can stay on schedule ontime

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
GH will not just slow down, it will basically die if MCR or both wins.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Stupid move. This is probably going to be my last pledge to him
It was 10 days ago "Astaros3D" said "in couple of days everything will be ready"
I cant remember none of patreon developers can stay on schedule ontime
Right now he's not responding anything.Most likely waiting for all monthly pledges pass through. Then he'll make the release Its not unusual

Edit ;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Stupid move. This is probably going to be my last pledge to him
Yeah, don't like the sound of that at all. Can't imagine anything good coming out of that new "strategy", like many other devs demonstrated. For both MCR and GH. "I didn't know that so many people want to continue the MCR". He's not seeing the root of that. It's not that people want MCR so much more. Just bring more good meat\content to GH, and that will bring more and more attention from people who already enjoy what there is in MCR. But no, let's shoot themselves in foot and try to somehow appeal to other crowd too.
Right now he's not responding anything.Most likely waiting for all monthly pledges pass through. Then he'll make the release Its not unusual
Well, he did said that he's "moving" somewhere at least.
Heh, can't believe that GH somehow won in priority. Not that i think it will matter massively.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
As much as I liked MCR, despite the tedious grind, GH is vastly superior in terms of art, the quality has much improved since MCR. The story is actually rather interesting and models are once again great.
*Sigh*...this is not good...
Maybe some of his patrons would stop pledging if he continues with GH, since they were MCR fans but not GH, but in turn he could've gained new patrons that really like GH, so in the end, how is he losing if he continues with GH?
In going back to the old game and dropping this new project, he might end up losing more than what he would for sticking with GH...
I don't know, I'm just very disappointed, got hyped and excited for GH, really liked the game and now it gets dropped or something...
Well, good luck to the dev I suppose.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Don't know to me that game have really bad UI, when you may walk somewhere. That arrow system is just bad.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
Like one of the other user said: People want MCR to continue, because it's already developed enough to see a lot of new lewd material.

But to me, MCR is finished. That ending was acceptable and I am really surprised that dev's attitude. I think he just should had say: That story is finished and this new game will be better in time, have patience.

I am still happy about the fact that there will be new scenes of blonde bomb but it would be so much better if dev just focus on one thing and that thing is the new game which is really in early build.

Reactions: January2015

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Both games have a lot of in common - awful navigation system and UI, writing. The only thing that is really good are the renders in both games, i guess this is Astaros style. :ROFLMAO:

But overall writing in this game is even worse than the one in MCR, not even talking about overused ''oohh, lady demon and lady angel'' shenanigans that is just boring. (n)

Reactions: Hyped

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I like Girl House, it's one of the few roaming simulators that I really enjoy. The renders are gold and platinum. The story is so convoluted and messed up that I want to know what really happened. As of the supernatural, I would love to see the Angel do something
If you don't like Girl House, maybe you will appreciate "sword fighting the oni-sama"

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Developing 2 games is always just stupid. Instead of you have big development team. Wich almost nobody have, because of many devs are just curmudgeon's.
He did say about hiring some help. Nothing of "big team" of course, probably one dude.
In going back to the old game and dropping this new project, he might end up losing more than what he would for sticking with GH...
I don't know, I'm just very disappointed, got hyped and excited for GH, really liked the game and now it gets dropped or something...
Obviously, and the chance of him abandoning both after some time cuz he "can't make enough time" or numerous other reasons is very high. We all seen this before. He's certainly not new to the industry, but still thinks he can please everyone at the same time. :alien:
Haven't played either yet. Was gonna try GH tonight.....gonna have to wait to see which one or if goes with both. I'll try that one or both. Just don't want to start one only to have it abandoned for the other one
If anything, try MCR. It's pretty much finished as it is, with a whole bunch of content, grind etc. Dev will just add more "extra" to that i guess. GH on other hand, only had two updates. But if you limited in free time, GH is good choice for like 5-10 minutes.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
He did say about hiring some help. Nothing of "big team" of course, probably one dude.
Ehm one dude. That is it. :) Developing 2 games is always stupid idea. And possible he did not hire anybody. Just saying that. Wich is pretty normal.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

Obviously, and the chance of him abandoning both after some time cuz he "can't make enough time" or numerous other reasons is very high. We all seen this before. He's certainly not new to the industry, but still thinks he can please everyone at the same time. :alien:

If anything, try MCR. It's pretty much finished as it is, with a whole bunch of content, grind etc. Dev will just add more "extra" to that i guess. GH on other hand, only had two updates. But if you limited in free time, GH is good choice for like 5-10 minutes.
Yeah, at this point this could be called a V3X-syndrome of sorts; listening to the audience too much, letting them dictate the direction of your own project, then you end up loathing it in the end because it's not at all what you want it to be, then you disappear for a while, try to remake the entire story but you're just not feeling it anymore and you drop it entirely. V3X's project was "His Legacy", was an amazing noir story.
So many games has been dropped for whatever reason the past year or two, many of them for said reasons, V3X just happens to be one of the notorious cases of that due to his incredible art and writing skills, the game had immense potential, potential to be one of the absolute top games on the forums.

Reactions: johnelros

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Problem of Devs like him is simple. That games is still the same. That money players giving him is not visible on that games. UI is horrible. Sounds and music is just same as other games from free libraries and etc.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, at this point this could be called a V3X-syndrome of sorts; listening to the audience too much, letting them dictate the direction of your own project, then you end up loathing it in the end because it's not at all what you want it to be, then you disappear for a while, try to remake the entire story but you're just not feeling it anymore and you drop it entirely. V3X's project was "His Legacy", was an amazing noir story.
So many games has been dropped for whatever reason the past year or two, many of them for said reasons, V3X just happens to be one of the notorious cases of that due to his incredible art and writing skills, the game had immense potential, potential to be one of the absolute top games on the forums.
Incidentally, i also used to be a huge fan of VengeanceXXX. :) From the very first version of Ethan's Legacy (His Legacy's "predecessor" from which everything started) actually, and followed him all along. That was even before i came to this forum. Probably one of the first patreon dramas i was part of. And it only got worse after that.
Problem of Devs like him is simple. That games is still the same. That money players giving him is not visible on that games. UI is horrible. Sounds and music is just same as other games from free libraries and etc.
Maybe so, that's kinda the deal with many patreon devs. Don't have the skills for UI, and\or don't want to waste time to improve\hire people if donations flowing anyway. Personally, i don't think UI is that terrible, i've seen far worse. As for the music, he choose the tracks that not many used in these games. So i satisfied by that at least.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Maybe so, that's kinda the deal with many patreon devs. Don't have the skills for UI, and\or don't want to waste time to improve\hire people if donations flowing anyway. Personally, i don't think UI is that terrible, i've seen far worse. As for the music, he choose the tracks that not many used in these games. So i satisfied by that at least.
And that is the maybe problem. How is possible that game with almost no budget looks same or in some cases better in every way than titles with big budgets. Because players are just more lazzy than developers and satisfied with almost nothing.

To make game like this one you need 3 things computer handling renders in decent time, than time and again time. Nothing more. Yeah and you can steal some ideas from others :D

3.20 star(s) 129 Votes