fenixazutar

Nov 13, 2017
@spectre1viper

Sorry but I bought every dildo in the shop and have over 100, I also used your method through the console but it still doenst work, she still gives me the "not enough pylons(energy)" reply and tells me to go to the park...

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@spectre1viper

Sorry but I bought every dildo in the shop and have over 100, I also used your method through the console but it still doenst work, she still gives me the "not enough pylons(energy)" reply and tells me to go to the park...
Did you do all the faerie quests in the park at night? If so please attach your save game and I'll take a look.

Last edited:

fenixazutar

Nov 13, 2017
@spectre1viper
Every time I meet the faerie she just throws spells at me but never quests, so maybe Im doing something wrong.
Heres the save and thank you for taking the time to look at this!

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@spectre1viper
Every time I meet the faerie she just throws spells at me but never quests, so maybe Im doing something wrong.
Heres the save and thank you for taking the time to look at this!
Thank you for the save game! You need to set one additional variable in the console: succhungry = -4

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
I'm getting arrested ALL the time for prostitution. Like, every 3rd to 4th night I'm busted, and while a couple of times a bribe or sex worked, other times not. Is there something I can do to prevent such frequent trips to jail? Like, is it because I'm in a residential area?

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I'm getting arrested ALL the time for prostitution. Like, every 3rd to 4th night I'm busted, and while a couple of times a bribe or sex worked, other times not. Is there something I can do to prevent such frequent trips to jail? Like, is it because I'm in a residential area?
This is because streetwalking isn't legal. The events were added to start the crime and punishment. Might be that they can be turned down a bit but someone was looking to develop the pimp and that route might well be the way to get teh police off your back. ;)

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
This is because streetwalking isn't legal. The events were added to start the crime and punishment. Might be that they can be turned down a bit but someone was looking to develop the pimp and that route might well be the way to get teh police off your back. ;)
Well, I would suggest turning it back because it basically makes it impossible. I mean, I assume. I went to court once now. Two more dates to follow. All for maybe 15 nights of working the street, and getting out of tickets twice. There'd be no hookers in the world if that's how dilligently the police monitored the sex trade!

I will add that it seems kind of lame that cops will take a sex bribe and then STILL bust you sometimes. You see, because if you do that, then that person will never give you a bribe again. Bribes would dry up for that cop pretty quick if he doesn't honor them. Which it what is happening in the game for me. Applying logic, I've quit walking the streets because logically, in this puritan town that has cops out busting hookers every 3rd to 4th night, I assume I'm going to get a long prison sentence.

That said, maybe I'm playing it wrong. If there is a way to avoid being busted every 3-4 nights, I'd like to know. ;)

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
If you have lots of money you can cure it in game, but yeah its not a difficult desease to treat these days. I'll have a chat with the doctor. ;)
I guess I decided to make my own rule on this. I did the 10 day treatment until the sore was gone, then used the cheat menu to actually remove the disease. Because, in reality:

"A single injection of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing if you've been infected for less than a year. If you've had syphilis for longer than a year, you may need additional doses. "

I admit, this thing just bugged me because I find it weird a sex game would choose to make a sex disease seem so much MORE dangerous, more prevelant and LESS treatable then it actually is. I actually researched freaking Syphilis to make sure I wasn't wrong about it being easily treatable, not long after I researched it because I was watching "The Chonicles of Frankenstein" which was set in a time when the disease was, yeah, pretty bad.

ishtra

Aug 6, 2017
I agree with what Moogooguypan said. I tried the new streetwalking and got busted the very first time 7000 fine. Then it happened again so I gave up, lost too much money. Also interesting what he wrote about syphilis my sveta has had it for ages as she cant afford the treatment to totaly cure it keeps coming back all the time.

Last edited:

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
I agree with what Moogooguypan said. I tried the new streetwalking and got busted the very first time 7000 fine. Then it happened again so I gave up, lost too much money. Also interesting what he wrote about syphilis my sveta has had it for ages as she cant afford the treatment to totaly cure it keeps coming back all the time.
Thanks ishtra for the back-up. Seriously, if hooking means constant trips to jail, then who would do it? To summarize my experience, 15 night hooking (roughly), 5 busts, twice being able to talk out of it and 3 times not (and this is obviously random...sex bribe one time works, fails the next...money one time turned into a sex bribe that works...other time didn't work at all...huh?)

I don't mind the idea of cops and the occasional random bust. I don't even mind that talking your way out of it might meet with mixed results*. But being busted every 3rd night on the street?!? I assure you, hookers don't work areas where the cops bust everyone every 3rd night! It should be a very rare event, not an almost expected event!

Suggestion: You can hook almost anywhere, but the chances of being busted go waaaaay down if you work in areas where hookers hang out (which police tend to ignore in REAL life - that's why they hang out there!), or semi-secluded areas that carry with more risk (attacks, rapes, etc).

As of right now though, I am playing a stripper. Hooker? Ha! If I'm not willing to save/reload after every failure, hooking is a fool's game.

Moooooo

* - (I would prefer it if those cops who seem to take the bribe, TAKE the bribe....the game doesn't allow us to remember faces and know which cops take bribes and honors it and which takes the bribe and throw you in jail anyway. If you want to add that complexity, let us "tag" them as dirty, untrustworthy cops.)

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I guess I decided to make my own rule on this. I did the 10 day treatment until the sore was gone, then used the cheat menu to actually remove the disease. Because, in reality:

"A single injection of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing if you've been infected for less than a year. If you've had syphilis for longer than a year, you may need additional doses. "

I admit, this thing just bugged me because I find it weird a sex game would choose to make a sex disease seem so much MORE dangerous, more prevelant and LESS treatable then it actually is. I actually researched freaking Syphilis to make sure I wasn't wrong about it being easily treatable, not long after I researched it because I was watching "The Chonicles of Frankenstein" which was set in a time when the disease was, yeah, pretty bad.
As I said I would, I talked to the doctor and he's sorry. It seems it was a clerical error and has been fixed on the repo. The next dev release andany future official releases will only require a single shot cure.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Thanks ishtra for the back-up. Seriously, if hooking means constant trips to jail, then who would do it? To summarize my experience, 15 night hooking (roughly), 5 busts, twice being able to talk out of it and 3 times not (and this is obviously random...sex bribe one time works, fails the next...money one time turned into a sex bribe that works...other time didn't work at all...huh?)

I don't mind the idea of cops and the occasional random bust. I don't even mind that talking your way out of it might meet with mixed results*. But being busted every 3rd night on the street?!? I assure you, hookers don't work areas where the cops bust everyone every 3rd night! It should be a very rare event, not an almost expected event!

Suggestion: You can hook almost anywhere, but the chances of being busted go waaaaay down if you work in areas where hookers hang out (which police tend to ignore in REAL life - that's why they hang out there!), or semi-secluded areas that carry with more risk (attacks, rapes, etc).

As of right now though, I am playing a stripper. Hooker? Ha! If I'm not willing to save/reload after every failure, hooking is a fool's game.

Moooooo

* - (I would prefer it if those cops who seem to take the bribe, TAKE the bribe....the game doesn't allow us to remember faces and know which cops take bribes and honors it and which takes the bribe and throw you in jail anyway. If you want to add that complexity, let us "tag" them as dirty, untrustworthy cops.)
I did explain that this content was introduced simply as a way to start the crime and punishment. It is very harsh and that was intentional. Every action can go either way, so you might get away with a warning or arrested regardless of how you react. The odds do change and if you manage to bribe the officer the chances are very miuch in your favour. Of course its quitepossible to have back luck.
As I said, someone was asking about working on the pimp content so until that is confirmed or not, I can't really change stuff. If they do go ahead with it then the harsh policing might be what is required to pressure Sveta into signing up.

There are much better and safer was to have sex for money in game, I'd stickto them if I were you. ;)

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
As I said I would, I talked to the doctor and he's sorry. It seems it was a clerical error and has been fixed on the repo. The next dev release andany future official releases will only require a single shot cure.

Ahh good. Thanks for responding. The game has so much I like, but some extreme events that break it. Removing this will really help people from getting discouraged.

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
I did explain that this content was introduced simply as a way to start the crime and punishment. It is very harsh and that was intentional. Every action can go either way, so you might get away with a warning or arrested regardless of how you react. The odds do change and if you manage to bribe the officer the chances are very miuch in your favour. Of course its quitepossible to have back luck.
As I said, someone was asking about working on the pimp content so until that is confirmed or not, I can't really change stuff. If they do go ahead with it then the harsh policing might be what is required to pressure Sveta into signing up.

There are much better and safer was to have sex for money in game, I'd stickto them if I were you. ;)
Thanks again for responding. I understand what you wrote, but still, simply put, current punishment is too harsh. There are hookers who work without pimps [IRL} who don't get busted every 3rd day!

I also, ya know, kinda hope that the game will be...fun? For example, I play GTA. It might have hyper agressive cops that respond astonishingly quick to crimes, but then again, a simple paint job fixes everything! It is a weird balance, but that IS a balance. In this game, hooking it just a dumb gamble when the player normally loses with no way to change the odds. In other words, hooking is dumb and pointless.Is this a morality play? ! Or are we trying to play a game where being bad can be fun...we just have to do it right? :)

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Thanks again for responding. I understand what you wrote, but still, simply put, current punishment is too harsh. There are hookers who work without pimps [IRL} who don't get busted every 3rd day!

I also, ya know, kinda hope that the game will be...fun? For example, I play GTA. It might have hyper agressive cops that respond astonishingly quick to crimes, but then again, a simple paint job fixes everything! It is a weird balance, but that IS a balance. In this game, hooking it just a dumb gamble when the player normally loses with no way to change the odds. In other words, hooking is dumb and pointless.Is this a morality play? ! Or are we trying to play a game where being bad can be fun...we just have to do it right? :)
Its a simulation, so there has to be some realism. However, as I keep saying this wasonly added to be a way to trigger the crime and punishment.
It will change and grow over time and mybe there will be reasons added that explain why the police are acting theway they are. My involvement was only on the coding of it and I did that to the specifications of the writers. I would have rebalanced it already but with someone working on the pimp stuff I'm holding back so I'll know how that impacts it.

Tl:dr It won't be the same next release.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Related to crime and punishment, selling trinkets at the train station might need some work done.

Far as i can tell, the cops will always show up, but the running skill gives you a chance to escape.

Suggestions:
- high intelligence, charisma and persuasion should help reduce fine amount ("Take pity on me, mr officer. I'm so poor I haven't eaten in 3 days.. *fake cry*)
- high perception should allow you to spot them early and let you try to escape sooner
- a criminal background would let you attempt the violent escape route with kicks to the shin or hits to the groin
- magic would make them ignore you or hypnotize them to let you go
- let other vendors show up to compete for sales, fight for right to sell or trip each other when the cops show

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes