Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
Are you guys planning to port ECV to an Awesomium format in the future? I kinda liked what the Province team did with their UI overhaul, despite some teething issues.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Are you guys planning to port ECV to an Awesomium format in the future? I kinda liked what the Province team did with their UI overhaul, despite some teething issues.
No, we have modified regular QSP to support video formats and most of their UI changes are not Awesomium dependant.
Also it takes quite a lot of messing about in the code to convert and the benefits just aren't worth it according to people like illume who has worked with both. We do monitor what they are upto and they monitor us so if we see them pull something really worthwhile out of the change we might yet follow them. :extremelyhappy:

Reactions: Kaparzo and Aeriys

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
That's just as fine, I assumed this was a major rework and it seems to have stalled development judging by the lack of recent updates or bug fixes. I'm glad you're putting content first instead :)

I did enjoy having a de-cluttered location interface with several category tabs instead of having locations scattered as links in the description text, though. Having skipped a couple releases before checking the new 0.7 there have been a couple nice updates to the interface already.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
That's just as fine, I assumed this was a major rework and it seems to have stalled development judging by the lack of recent updates or bug fixes. I'm glad you're putting content first instead :)

I did enjoy having a de-cluttered location interface with several category tabs instead of having locations scattered as links in the description text, though. Having skipped a couple releases before checking the new 0.7 there have been a couple nice updates to the interface already.
New release is due about now but we are waiting on a major npc behind the scenes fix so might be new year if that is not ready in time.;)

Reactions: Aeriys and Kaparzo

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
Looking forward to the new release :)

If I may suggest something for the cheat menu (I admit I've been using it to test out new content) - an option to control sweat like you can set the alcohol level (there is at least one event in the Katja Meynold quest line that in the past required you to be sweaty at a certain point that may be easier to trigger that way) and an option to control or at least max out mood.

I've also noticed the NPC Editor entry I clicked on out of curiosity produces an error (Code 111, Desc Location not found), and changing the time doesn't seem to work.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
The NPC editor doesn't work and its not really meant to. Malen was using it to create npc data before he realised there were biger problems. The latest on the NPC repairs is that it will not be done before the end of year so we might release 0.7.2 before hand and then have it part of 0.7.3 in the new year with plenty of time to test it all.

With the time change on the cheat menu you have to confirm it after setting the changes or it doesn't do anything. ;)

I'll see what I can do with the cheat menu. It always seems to be needing more stuff and is difficult to keep neat and tidy. :extremelyhappy:

Reactions: Aeriys

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
With the time change on the cheat menu you have to confirm it after setting the changes or it doesn't do anything. ;)
Appreciate your quick responses - you're right, I overlooked the "accept target date/time", since the weather setting is in between I guess I didn't look any further down :biggrin:

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Hi all,
I've decided to delay the release until the new year, a number of things just aren't ready and with all the festive stuff going on it was looking like a rushed finish and that only leads to errors and issues. By delaying we should have time to resolve the NPC project and the school group membership plus a couple of smaller side projects and get it properly tested.
Sorry, I know its annoying but I balanced things up and this is the best option.

KS

Nast33

Jul 1, 2017
Hello Kevin. A quick question - are the sexual preferences in the sex skills menu developed at all? All of them are at 0, meaning that no matter how many lesbian/group/etc encounters have passed, it never changes. Are there any differences if they are enabled when it comes to dialogue or possible options (having the neighbor gopniks all finish inside during group sex instead of in your mouth, etc)? I fiddled around with qgen, found a bunch of variables, but none of them work in the cheat menu. If the sexual kinks/preferences actually make a difference, please add the dynamic codes on how to enable them on the wiki. Thanks!

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I added those prefs as modifiers for the arousal system but there is nothing in game to change their values currently. Being on 0 they effectively do nothing to modify the values so thay are not changing anything by being there. The plan was to have them be adjusted through player choices so that your Sveta would develop likes and dislikes based on the stuff you chose for her to do. They would also be set for the different starts so they would have different starting preferences.

They'll only be enabled when we eventually seed changes and starting values so don't worry about them for now, all they will do is change the amount of gain (or loss, if high negative value) for related arousal calls.

The TG start will have them all start at full negative but the magic being sexual will kickstart them and give them extra nudges as levels increase. :extremelyhappy:

Reactions: F95

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
Right, so I have brought the volleyball skill to max, I'm going to training every day and the team still can't manage to win the Saturday matches. Is there anything else that influences how well the team plays?

Also, the coach quest line seems to be stuck after him peeking in the community center showers a couple times. Talking to him after practice doesn't do anything but giving random volleyball facts, as is being brought home from the dance on Fridays. Is there an event necessary to progress?

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
Right, so I have brought the volleyball skill to max, I'm going to training every day and the team still can't manage to win the Saturday matches. Is there anything else that influences how well the team plays?
Even if you have perfect stats (volleyball, strength, agility, vitality and speed all at 100) and you play the entire match, your team only has a 40% chance of winning. I guess the rest of the team just sucks :/

Also, the coach quest line seems to be stuck after him peeking in the community center showers a couple times. Talking to him after practice doesn't do anything but giving random volleyball facts, as is being brought home from the dance on Fridays. Is there an event necessary to progress?
I think you need to start something with Ivan in the shower until the coach catches you two.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
walkthrough available ?
Its a sandbox so that wouldn't be possible.
We do have a Wiki on FANDOM:
Not sure why they shout their name. :p
Its far from complete but people are adding to it all the time so the more it gets used the more complete it gets, which is nice. :extremelyhappy:

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Even if you have perfect stats (volleyball, strength, agility, vitality and speed all at 100) and you play the entire match, your team only has a 40% chance of winning. I guess the rest of the team just sucks :/
Yeah you pretty much need to save right before going to the tournament. If your team loses the first half of the match just reload and try again until you win the first half. If you win the first half, I'd estimate you win the match a good 90% of the time. If you lose the first half, well you can pull off the comeback 10% of the time. It can certainly take a good 10+ reloads to win, so 40% doesn't seem too out of range and I wouldn't be surprised if it's much lower. Pretty sure the volleyball score simply determines if you get to be on the team if even that.

As Kevin (Kevin you really should message a mod and get the "Game Developer" tag since you've been the lead on this game forever) says, a cohesive walk through is pretty much impossible, though that wiki does give a way through certain paths like how to become a succubus, how to get with the Merigolds, the rich girl's maid, etc.

Reactions: Aeriys

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
But I'm "special". XD

That 90%/10% thing is right, I added it to make it less predictable but I guess you've played it enough to work it out. :eek:

Reactions: F95

Johnsmit34

May 16, 2017
cam someone help with the stepfather. i have him above 100 in liking my character but all i can do is flash and let him touch. how do i proceed.

whoanell

Nov 26, 2016
cam someone help with the stepfather. i have him above 100 in liking my character but all i can do is flash and let him touch. how do i proceed.
I want to say on Sundays, your mother leaves the house for a bit and after enough flirting between you two, he'll make a move. Obviously only if they dont go to the village for the weekend.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes