Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Since feature lock is coming this weekend, which means the next update release should be sometime towards the end of this month. I thought I would share the things I worked on this update and if they are making it in. If you have questions about any of it feel free to ask.

Dr Cat and nutluck, BGK coded it - Adding nerd game night to the Coffee Hole coffee shop for the Uni years, including new scenes with Anushka who is working while the game night takes place. - done
nutluck, BGK coded it - New invite to nerd game night if Sveta is friends with Feofan and did not take part during Pav school year or if you start with a city start as a way to start attending game night while attending the Uni. - done
nutluck, BGK coded it - Full chat option with pre-fall Sonia at her home. - done
nutluck and bbz01 - added Natalia to the list of girls Sveta can peek at in the pav school shower or while getting dressed in the locker room. - done
nutluck and BGK - Add Katja and Sveta meeting at the coffee hole to hang out and able to interact with Anushka if she is working that day. - done
nutluck - Finishing up the small events for the Rex party to help Anya out to get it finished. - mostly finished - Will not make this release.
nutluck and netuttki - Finish the couple of park events that had to be blocked off last update - not started yet, due to netuttki being busy with RL - Will not make this release.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
While attempting to fix some of the random hookup contact issues myself, I noticed this:
npcs.jpg
The nameless Stranger at the bottom was the result of a random hookup and wasn't surprising. What was surprising was all of the different Leonids that had been generated. Looking at the top of leonid.qsrc, it looks like a new NPC is being generated whenever that file gets called.

Not directly related to that issue, and this might just be my ignorance about QSP, but it seems like the $boy variable is being used differently in different places. I see it being used as an array in boyStat.qsrc, but then in other files like leonid.qsrc values are being directly assigned to it. Seems to me like that's gonna potentially break stuff in ways that's hard to debug.

Last edited:

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
While attempting to fix some of the random hookup contact issues myself, I noticed this:

<clip>

Not directly related to that issue, and this might just be my ignorance about QSP, but it seems like the $boy variable is being used differently in different places. I see it being used as an array in boyStat.qsrc, but then in other files like leonid.qsrc values are being directly assigned to it. Seems to me like that's gonna potentially break stuff in ways that's hard to debug.
Passed along to the team members for you.

Reactions: Grim

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Nutluck Hello, do you know how to remove a tan skin. I have search in the wiki and in this forum but no answer.
It's in the cheat menu, under appearance if I remember rightly but you can use the console command, it's a value from 0 - no tan to 100 deeply tanned:

pcs_tan = 0

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
The file "images/pc/body/hairstyles/med/curly-bangs-buns/hcol3.jpg" doesn't exist (as theres no curly-bangs-buns folder), however, "images/pc/body/hairstyles/long/curly-bangs-buns/hcol3.jpg" does.

May I supose to manually copy and rename it, or am I missing something?

TIA.

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
The file "images/pc/body/hairstyles/med/curly-bangs-buns/hcol3.jpg" doesn't exist (as theres no curly-bangs-buns folder), however, "images/pc/body/hairstyles/long/curly-bangs-buns/hcol3.jpg" does.

May I supose to manually copy and rename it, or am I missing something?

TIA.

You can do all the media is interchangeable and swappable and I do this with clothing regularly, but I'll flag it as a potential missing image.

Reactions: Edwarf

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Well, it happens that "images/pc/body/hairstyles/vlng/curly-bangs-buns/hcol3.jpg" is also missing.

As I just applied the 0.8.8 image pack over a 0.8.5 version, I'll try downloading some of the older image packs (the ones on Yandex) and then apply the latest (meaning 0.8.8) one.

Happens when Sveta gets a fringe haircut.

Edit: No luck, those paths are missing in all the image packs I've tested (0.8.3 to 0.8.8)

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I saw that there was a fix committed for the Leonid cloning. Much appreciated. One other issue I forgot to mention with that path though is when you're initially bought by Leonid you're supposed to start receiving phone calls from him, but the calls never actually happen because most of the lines of code that would result in a call actually happening are commented out, possibly due to something that's a WIP. I had to run code in the console to progress any further with him.

You can see the block of code which handles the call here

But most of the lines in various files where that $mobile_check function is called from are commented out, except for 1 line in gadhouse.qsrc, possibly because that one was missed when the other lines were being commented out.

Here's an example of it being commented out, but it's like this in several files

And here's the only spot where it remains uncommented

There's also code in leonid.qsrc for handling if you miss his call, but it doesn't seem like that's actually used anywhere, so even if the calls were actually occurring, it seems like if you missed the first call then the entire quest with him would just break because it won't reset that leonidSlaveDay variable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilluah

Pilluah

Sep 4, 2017
I saw that there was a fix committed for the Leonid cloning. Much appreciated. One other issue I forgot to mention with that path though is when you're initially bought by Leonid you're supposed to start receiving phone calls from him, but the calls never actually happen because most of the lines of code that would result in a call actually happening are commented out, possibly due to something that's a WIP. I had to run code in the console to progress any further with him.

You can see the block of code which handles the call here

But most of the lines in various files where that $mobile_check function is called from are commented out, except for 1 line in gadhouse.qsrc, possibly because that one was missed when the other lines were being commented out.

Here's an example of it being commented out, but it's like this in several files

And here's the only spot where it remains uncommented

There's also code in leonid.qsrc for handling if you miss his call, but it doesn't seem like that's actually used anywhere, so even if the calls were actually occurring, it seems like if you missed the first call then the entire quest with him would just break because it won't reset that leonidSlaveDay variable.
"leonidSlaveDay"

Slave huh? Who is Leonid and how will my Sveta get to know him?

EDIT: Oh that Leonid. I definetly played some of the content in some old version, so its not working atm? Will it be fixed and continued?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
"leonidSlaveDay"

Slave huh? Who is Leonid and how will my Sveta get to know him?

EDIT: Oh that Leonid. I definetly played some of the content in some old version, so its not working atm? Will it be fixed and continued?
It should be fixed now, Kevin posted a fix to the git. As far as continued, sure some day. But as mentioned before our main priority right now is the expanding the Uni, getting the pav kids that will be going to the Uni's stories up to the point they can be started in the Uni and other stuff in the city.

Reactions: Pilluah

Pilluah

Sep 4, 2017
It should be fixed now, Kevin posted a fix to the git. As far as continued, sure some day. But as mentioned before our main priority right now is the expanding the Uni, getting the pav kids that will be going to the Uni's stories up to the point they can be started in the Uni and other stuff in the city.
Is the git(hub?) public? If it is, could it be added to front page?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It should be fixed now, Kevin posted a fix to the git.
A fix was added for the multiple Leonids, but the phone calls I mentioned in another post are still broken. It seems like it might be possible to become his secretary even without those though, although in a less obvious manner. Originally I thought this wasn't possible at all without the calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Smarts
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes