Grim

Aug 17, 2016
This isn't all that important since it looks like this particular feature hasn't received any updates in years, but the remaining time for the online game you can play on your computer doesn't decrease. It just stays at 30 days remaining. The reason is because the line where the time gets decremented got lumped into an if block with some unrelated husband code, so it needs to be moved outside of that.

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
Oh I know why we don't, just saying if I was in charge I would disable it. Then maybe someone into it would be motivated to actually finally fix it and we could turn it back on.
You don't need to disable anything. You just need to add the option: Send the child to an orphanage, since Sveta is still a schoolgirl and cannot take care of the child!
Thus, all problems with children will be solved, including with names that will be given automatically!
And in the future, it will be possible to add the option of choosing whether to give the child or keep it for yourself!

Last edited:

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
Sometimes when I get to hotel very early in the morning, the page doesn't display. I click wait, type 1 (1 minute), and then the page comes up. Would be nice if this is taken care of.
It happens to me too, but I don’t see it as a problem. I leave the hotel and immediately go in, and everything works as it should!

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
I would like to suggest duplicating Natalya Petrovna (Mistress) and making Anna in the hotel her likeness with the training of a schoolgirl and a further visit to the BDSM club (of course with some differences!)

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Girl Life (2023-02-21) using 0.8.9 dev img pack, no traits. Inhibition 86.

Some outfits are not matching the correct level of inhibition or are showing the wrong image, eg.: School outfit number 1, 37, 55,16, 22 and 51 (G&M), Erotic dress number 34 and 31 (Erotomaniac), Scandalicious dress number 150.

TIA

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It doesn't fix all of the contact issues with random guys, but commenting out this line seems to have allowed the contact information for a random guy met/hooked up with at the disco to be added correctly to the phone:

Before commenting that line out, when the guy was added as a fuckbuddy, the image in the phone for him was broken, the name was blank, and his apartment wasn't accessible in the residential area:
blank.jpg

After commenting it out and adding him again, it showed an image, the correct name, and his apartment was available:
added.jpg

Seems like that call is redundant with the stuff being done in this block so maybe it's breaking things by calling npcpreservec multiple times. That code all looks complicated though and I don't fully understand what all it's doing.

Of course if the intention is to preserve all of the random NPCs whether they get added as fuckbuddies or not, then just commenting out/removing that line doesn't seem like an acceptable way to go.

Last edited:

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
<clip>

Of course if the intention is preserve all of the random NPCs whether they get added as fuckbuddies or not, then just commenting out/removing that line isn't an acceptable way to go.
Passed along

Reactions: Grim

Sordos

Aug 17, 2017
What are the useless skills? Quickly reading the Wiki it seems People Skills hasn't been in use for ages but what else?
I dont remember anything like bushcraft being a thing when i last played 2y+~ ago

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
What are the useless skills? Quickly reading the Wiki it seems People Skills hasn't been in use for ages but what else?
I dont remember anything like bushcraft being a thing when i last played 2y+~ ago
People is about the only one not used at all really. the rest are used some not much though. Like bushcraft is really only used in gad in the woods for a few things.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
There's a weird game load crash happening with the code in the dev branch right now:

Code:
Area: on visit
Line: 19
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!
Based on the error I naturally looked in start.qsrc. I didn't see any issues with line 19 in that file, but line 20 seems to be calling a location file that doesn't actually exist:

I commented out that line and sure enough the game didn't crash when loading it. I wondered why the crash was only happening now though since start.qsrc hasn't actually been modified in months, so that line couldn't be the only cause of the current crash. Looking through recent commits I noticed mey_home.qsrc was recently modified, and there's a closing quote missing on one of the modified lines:
Adding the missing quote also stops the crashing even with the line in start.qsrc uncommented.

While the missing quote in mey_home.qsrc seems to be the main cause of the crash, maybe that line in start.qsrc should be removed also since it's calling a non-existent location and apparently hiding the true source of errors.

Edit: Clearly I don't understand how addbuilddate works. I'm guessing it's some kind of internal QSP location/function? I can see that with it commented out it doesn't show the build date in the main menu, but it's not clear to me where it's being called from or why commenting that line out stopped the crash earlier, but somebody pushed a fix for the missing closing quote so the crash is gone now.

Edit 2: I can see now that addbuilddate is being written to the bottom of glife.txt by txtmerge.py before it's compiled into the qsp file. Still not sure why it was masking the source of the crash, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes