ChargingChimp

Feb 14, 2022
My PC has been using birth control pills for nearly 2 months and there is still a message saying: "You are currently on the pill but it is not yet effective."
My pillcon is 40000 after taking a pill, but the message never disappears. Is this a bug and can I ignore the message?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
My PC has been using birth control pills for nearly 2 months and there is still a message saying: "You are currently on the pill but it is not yet effective."
My pillcon is 40000 after taking a pill, but the message never disappears. Is this a bug and can I ignore the message?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fertility features check for the pillcon variable so this does not change your actual fertility regardless of what the info applet says. So you're good on that front. Obviously it is still a bug, as it should say you're on the pill.
Could you provide your save where this is happening so it would be easier to pinpoint the problem?

ChargingChimp

Feb 14, 2022
Fertility features check for the pillcon variable so this does not change your actual fertility regardless of what the info applet says. So you're good on that front. Obviously it is still a bug, as it should say you're on the pill.
Could you provide your save where this is happening so it would be easier to pinpoint the problem?
Ofcourse. Whatever helps.
I don't know if there is any connection, but one of her first periods didn't occur at all (while still a virgin and before starting to take the pills). View attachment beauty13.sav

Reactions: maankamara

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Ofcourse. Whatever helps.
I don't know if there is any connection, but one of her first periods didn't occur at all (while still a virgin and before starting to take the pills). View attachment 2751568
1 in 24 chance you miss a period, I don't think there's a bug there.

The pill condition is definitely too strict as it checks if we're maxed before thinking that it is safe. I don't think it has ever worked properly. Now it reduces the daily pill condition before checking if you are maxed and therefore safe. The obvious problem is that you will never be maxed after it just reduces the daily dose right before. :FacePalm:The only reason why this doesn't get reported more is that if you use the automated pill feature then it takes it after the daily reduction. You seem to be rare case with manual pill taking.

To fix the issue I shall reduce the limit what is considered safe so that manual pill users also get above it. I wonder if people would riot if I change it to be based on intelligence. Could make it so that she thinks its safe on first day if she has minimal intelligence and so on.

Right now my thinking is:
Very low int thinks it's safe right away.
Low int thinks it's safe after few days.
Medium int overshoots, being overly cautious thinking it's safe only clearly above the limit.
Anything above would be more or less the exact limit when it gets safe.

ChargingChimp

Feb 14, 2022
You seem to be rare case with manual pill taking.
As far as I read, your Spirit stat determines if you remember to take it automatically. Since my Spirit was one of my lowest stats, I decided to take the manual route so I could at least have full control. (I'm a bit of a control freak)
Although the pillcon stat suggests it wouldn't matter that much to miss a pill once you've got enough in your system, so I might change to automatic. If that resolves that message that keeps bugging me without any real risk it might be worth it.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
As far as I read, your Spirit stat determines if you remember to take it automatically. Since my Spirit was one of my lowest stats, I decided to take the manual route so I could at least have full control. (I'm a bit of a control freak)
Although the pillcon stat suggests it wouldn't matter that much to miss a pill once you've got enough in your system, so I might change to automatic. If that resolves that message that keeps bugging me without any real risk it might be worth it.
Yeah you'll be fine with the automated pill. At least for now.

Because now that I look at it, it seems far too safe. I think these are supposed to be progestin pills and missing even one day should have noticeable consequences. Right now in the game you have to miss a pill for 15 days straight to have any real risk of pregnancy.

EDIT: Or I suppose the pictures do have combination pills and there's placebo pills written for the auto-pill feature. So now we have some sort of mix of the two. In either case the real world estimate is that with imperfect use 7% to 9% sexually active women end up pregnant within a year of use while the perfect use estimate is less than 1% so those missed pills really should matter.

Right now the chance of getting pregnant in GL while using the pill is somewhere there with winning real world lottery jackpots multiple times in a row. First having to beat 10% probability event at least 150 times from 336 tries to get enough hormones(this is one of those approaching infinity odds), then beat 1/400 event to actually ovulate. After which you still have to beat the normal chance of pregnancy which maxes somewhere around 60%.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChargingChimp

Syrinx1885

Sep 19, 2021
I figured out, through the use of more of my brainpower than I like to use when I'm relaxing, that I had to open up the program in the program troubleshooter and use that to apply settings that made the program functional.
Weirdly enough, it worked on Windows 10 until I installed this game and tried playing it, now it only seems to function when set for Windows Vista.
Hey, i am having the same issue. How do you open it up with the troubleshooter?

Nice Kitty

Sep 28, 2022
I thought the update would be global, more plot, closing some HOLES in different linear stories. More new in the sandbox.
They will add a story with a guy of Sveta , black, because there is also an interesting plot. Stories with Niko, NPCs near the lake and other NPCs in the world. People talk about it and so do I. A lot of interesting things, but the more content, the more difficult it is to write stories in the game.
Fix bugs in the game, such as the same school party on Friday and more

Last edited:
Reactions: domdale

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I've read through multiple pages of the thread without finding an answer, so I hope it's okay for me to ask if the Katja romance path still has the unavoidable kiss with Ivan, cause if so I'd probably rather wait until that is addressed before playing. :)

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I've read through multiple pages of the thread without finding an answer, so I hope it's okay for me to ask if the Katja romance path still has the unavoidable kiss with Ivan, cause if so I'd probably rather wait until that is addressed before playing. :)
I don't believe so, I know BGK the one writing her story now said he was going to removed the forced kiss, but I don't know for positive if it has happened or will happen. That is all I can tell you, it either is no longer forced or in a future update it won't be.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I thought the update would be global, more plot, closing some HOLES in different linear stories. More new in the sandbox.
They will add a story with a guy of Sveta , black, because there is also an interesting plot. Stories with Niko, NPCs near the lake and other NPCs in the world. People talk about it and so do I. A lot of interesting things, but the more content, the more difficult it is to write stories in the game.
Updates tend to be what ever people have time for due to RL and idea's for. This past update a LOT of people that worked on the game was busy with RL. Enough some stuff I had written didn't make this update because there was just not enough coders to code it all in time.

Reactions: Tiredpuff
Aug 2, 2022
Updates tend to be what ever people have time for due to RL and idea's for. This past update a LOT of people that worked on the game was busy with RL. Enough some stuff I had written didn't make this update because there was just not enough coders to code it all in time.
Hi, is there any new therapist content in this update?

Reactions: domdale

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
That's what I thought too, maybe next time the team will pull off a miracle. I believe in them.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
For some reason you can only access mods on tfg if you have an account. Any chance someone can upload the bestiality mod there assuming of course that it still works.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes