Unreal Engine Abandoned Girls Next Door [Update 8] [Layman Bot]

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1045823_1045690_2021-02-06_14.jpg

Overview:
The story surrounds a guy who his childhood friend just moved in to live with his family. She always got him in trouble, since they were kids, and it seems that things have not changed.
You play as a young adult, who is living together with five women. Each one with their own personality and storyline, and you progress through it, event by event, combining choices and traits to find your desired path.​

Thread Updated: 2023-01-02
Release Date: 2022-12-27
Developer: LaymanBot - - F95zone
Censored: No
Version: Update 8 – Christmas
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win64: - - - -
Win32 (v4): - - - -
Linux (v2): - -

Jack Raven thanks for the link

1045735_25.jpg 1045736_11.jpg 1045737_18.jpg 1045738_22.jpg 1045739_05.jpg 1069039_promo_1.png 1069040_promo_2.png 1069041_promo_3.png 1069043_promo_5.png 1069044_promo_6.png 1069045_promo_7.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kymico

Nov 29, 2016

...I hope they wipe down this room between clients because it has certainly seen its share of "action" over the years.

Quality renders, pretty characters, overall solid demo. Hoping to see the next update soon!

ICTOAUN

May 19, 2018
I'm curious why you chose Unreal Engine to do this project? Not saying it looks bad. This game actually looks great.
I'm curious too, seeing as the game consists of pre-rendered stills. To be fair, they're well done (maybe a little grainy), but it seems like Renpy or even Unity would have been a much more practical choice for this kind of game. Considering there's zero real-time 3d rendering, Unreal seems an odd pick.

Aug 3, 2020
" The story surrounds a guy who his childhood friend just moved in to leave with his family. She always got him in trouble, since they were kids, and it seems that things have not changed. "

Fuck my brain. How about:

" The story involves a guy whose childhood friend has moved in with the guy's family. In the past, she always used to get him in trouble, and it seems like time has not changed her."

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
There seems to be two threads, and I was posting in the other one. I'll share my thoughts here.

• The game only plays in full screen. I selected "windowed" in the settings, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
  • When selecting the relationship with the women, there are circles at the bottom of the screen. They're labeled "C" "S" "S" "M" and "A". I suspect I know what these are, but I'm not sure about "C". It also makes things a little confusing because without knowing the insinuated relationship beforehand, I can see it being easy to make very confusing relationships.
  • I really like the UI, it's clean and responsive. I think it's one of the nicer ones I've played.
  • haha love the music when you meet the "landlady".
  • The graph that shows your story progress could be a GREAT feature
  • Needs a "back" button
  • When you leave your "best friend's" room, Jessica refers to you as "Jack", no matter what you entered as your name.
  • If you choose to sneak into the room, the MC refers to Jessica as "little", but I don't believe that's how I labeled her.
Overall, I think you have a really good framework.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I gave it a shot. Only downside I could think, kinda wish my gamepad worked with it. The mouse is OK so not that big of a deal, but kinda like using my gamepad more so. With that said, the characters, seems pretty interesting, and a good start of a game. Very interested in seeing where this all goes.
Anyways, thank you for this thus far.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
She looks amazing. Her facial proportions are fantastic. Pretty AND interesting face. Great expression; seductive. So many things are done right with this render:

I couldn't help it and played with the render in photoshop. I did auto contrast, duplicated layer, lowered transparency by 30%, combine layers, then added a light render right on her face, added a warming filter, vibrance & saturation, then fixed light burn on her shoulder. If I'm correct, it went from looking like a cloudy day to a warm light being in that room? If I went overboard, I could technically overlay it on the original render and reduce transparency strength. If you like it, you can use the methodology in photoshop. Anyways, I look forward to meeting this character in game.

View attachment 1024352
Can't disrespect all that hard work, but honestly you wasted a lot of time. All those filters reduced the shadow detail and almost-natural look of the original. And who would ever want to change a cloudy-day exposure? Photographers trip over themselves to *get* that exposure because it's so even compared to other lighting sources. That's why bounce flashes and diffused lighting exist, to reproduce that very lighting effect indoors. Not trying to be mean, just... why? (And, sorry man, the light burn is still there, just slightly smaller.) Gotta respect all the effort, but it could be better applied to images that are actually broken to begin with :(

Reactions: Ozzymandiass
4.20 star(s) 19 Votes