Unreal Engine Abandoned Girls Next Door [Update 8] [Layman Bot]

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Yup I agree Dev no offence but "girls next door" makes no real sence since you live with them so their not nextdoor.
something like "My childhood friend", or "My best friend" maybe "My naughty Friend", or my personal favourite "The return of the Pain in my ass".

Just Sayin

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
Who cares about the name, maybe he meant girls next door from his room...I enjoyed the update though a bit on the short side, and the models were really good as well...Will have my eye on this one for sure

Reactions: Kingvlad
Oct 8, 2019
I usually ignore anything that wasn't made with ren'py as my laptop struggles to play even those sometimes. But this looks interesting, so does anyone know the minimum requirements to run this one?

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Dammit I thought this was fully animated. I was hoping to take the female clothes off. lol

Xandyr44

Dec 4, 2017
When I tried to run the game, it asked me to install C++ runtime. I have run other Unreal Engine games and not had that request come up. Most generally, when a game asks me to install other software, I just delete it, as I did here. I'll take a look at this again in a few updates.
I also got this pop up anyone know what its about? Pretty sure I'm all up to date on this.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Welp, I can't run this. All I get is a message box saying "Fatal error".
Either way, I have to agree with numerous others here. Ren'py is much preferred over, well, anything else, really. And I cannot possibly imagine it being even remotely as easy to make a VN in UE as it is in Ren'py.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Who cares about the name, maybe he meant girls next door from his room...I enjoyed the update though a bit on the short side, and the models were really good as well...Will have my eye on this one for sure
Seriously? Can you tell us what we can, and can't, suggest to the devs?

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Welp, I can't run this. All I get is a message box saying "Fatal error".
Either way, I have to agree with numerous others here. Ren'py is much preferred over, well, anything else, really. And I cannot possibly imagine it being even remotely as easy to make a VN in UE as it is in Ren'py.
Hi. This is an odd problem, had another user reporting this. Can you give me some more data? What is your Operations System and architecture?

If you go inside the game folder at "Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us" and run that executable, does it solve the problem? It should run by itself when you start the game, maybe a security setting or something.

Thank you.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Hi. This is an odd problem, had another user reporting this. Can you give me some more data? What is your Operations System and architecture?

If you go inside the game folder at "Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us" and run that executable, does it solve the problem? It should run by itself when you start the game, maybe a security setting or something.
Ran the PrereqSetup. No change.
I just have Win10, 64bit. Never managed to get a UE game from here to run before, though with any other I at least get to the title screen.

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Ran the PrereqSetup. No change.
I just have Win10, 64bit. Never managed to get a UE game from here to run before, though with any other I at least get to the title screen.
Sorry to hear that. Since it also happens with other games, maybe it's related to your antivirus or security settings.

Can you PM me your crash report file?
It is located at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\GirlsNextDoor\Saved\

AppData is usually hidden.

Cramone

May 14, 2018
I hope is not like the movie "Jack Ketchum's Evil" best know as "The girl next door" (2007)

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes