RPGM Completed Gladiators of Elmia -Boy Swordsman VS Fighting Maidens- [v2.04] [Kamikura Style Association]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes
Dec 5, 2019
OK, so I don't know if anyone cares, but for some reason this game has kept calling me back to play it and I'm pretty sure I've exhausted every option I can think of. So here's tips and exploits and some weird shit you can do in this game:

The walkthrough recently posted here shows you all the basic quests and how to get all the good ends, BUT if you actually want all the scenes (mostly just text), you have to lose to all the enemies. In addition, game over and getting destroyed scenes can differ depending on if you lose through HP or if you lose your MP (most importantly the Velvet fights... there's actually more pics ) In addition AGAIN, a number of enemies have attacks than can make MC go "Cut! It will come out!" which is MTL for "Shit! I'm coming!" for which you are generally humiliated.

Fairy Sword is best weapon in the field. 2 hits/turn = almost as much damage as Edgestorm and 10 TP gained instead of 20 TP spent. You might want to switch to higher-damage weapons for boss-type fights or if you're fighting a Winning Battle in the underground club. Make sure you kill fairies until you get Fairy hair and forge the fairy sword in the Marvaick Armor shop in East Elmia.

FYI some weapons give you access to additional skills when equipped. Still, nothing beats a Fairy Sword,

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but towards the end of the game during the Marry Aluminia quest after defeating the Royal Guard to get the Suffer jewel from the chest in Queen Luftina's bedroom, the Suffer jewel can be crafted at the Marvaick Armor shop into Safistra's Grace, which is supposed to give you good protection against Luftina's holy attacks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Go to school, kids. Once each day in Elmia between signing up for the tournament and the tournament opening day you can find a ring on an open seat in the magic academy in East Elmia. 1st time: PERMANANTLY boosts your magic attack. 2nd time: learn Thunder spell. 3rd time: PERMANANTLY boosts magic attack and magic defense. 4th time: gain key item "Knowledge" (which seems useless, lol) and a Royal Gakuen student card Accessory, which gives you a small boost in DEF, MAT, MDF and LUK when equipped. If you skip a day, you won't be able to get all the bonuses, as the school closes on the first Tournament day.

I mention PERMANANTLY because you kinda have to go through several playthroughs to get all the good endings and these bonuses carry over when you use the Takeover Play option in the Reminiscence Room back in Reston, which you can access by giving Female bandit underwear to the kid near the locked building in the south east corner of Reston or you can access it after getting a good ending by waiting through the credits.
In there you can manage your level, HP, MP, TP, gold, get standard potions and the Death weapon(s) for free. You can re-fight specific enemies and get scenes with specific flags. All the CG's can be seen in the basement.
The least challenging way to play this game other than using a save editor is to go into the Reminiscence room as soon as you get the Female bandit underwear (which the Sword Thief or any of the bandit girls may randomly drop after you defeat them.) Then you can jump to LVL 50, snag a pretty powerful weapon, start Takeover play and fucking demolish the bandits in the Morderia Caves in about 5 minutes.

If you don't get bored easy and want to hulk out through multiple Takeover plays, grind against the Evil Witches on the northern snow plateau. They occasionally drop RESIST UP items which PERMANANTLY boost MDF when used (you can also use them on Purim, Mileena and Shelly, for whatever reason.) Also, your temporary boosts from the fish meals you can get become PERMANANT if they are in effect when you start Takeover play. Don't Pass the Restonian Octopus or Kraken's Legs to Aaron until the day when you're going to Takeover play and start a new game, and only pass them AFTER you've ordered whichever Stat-boosting dish you want with your daily pass. If you pass either before using your daily pass, they will count as your daily pass, BUT if you've already used the pass, you can pass both on the same day for an extra 300 HP and a defense bonus which can be carried over if you Takeover play on that day.

If you want MC to have all skills in the game, you need to play through the "I want some milk" quest 4 times (Takeover play.) Each of the 4 souvenirs from Wigheis will result in you getting a specific skill after passing the souvenir to Lzet and fighting Linetta. The Wooden Carriage gets you the Elemental Bomb attack spell. Pyroxene Earrings gets you the Wind Shield defensive spell. Plush Rabbit get you the Magic Barrier defensive spell. These are all Meh. The Music Box gets you the Regenerate skill and THIS one is a game-changer, recovering 10% HP per turn for 5 turns.

Party Members retain EXP and Resist Up bonus after Takeover play. Shelly does not Level Up like Purim and Mileena.
The most efficient way to grind Purim to LVL 50 is by re-fighting the Sea Princess in the Reminiscence room with Purim.
The most efficient way to grind Mileena to LVL 50 is by continuously fighting the winning game (5 races) in the underground arena. To do this, wait until after you defeat Bunny Girl in the tournament before starting the Quest with Mileena. Yes, you and Mileena can fight... Mileena in the underground arena. If you don't complete the Monster Extermination Plateau quest, you can bring Mileena with you and have both Mileena AND Shelly in your party in the Ice Caves (y)
One Mash Boost buffs ALL party members. Regenerate can be used on party members.

Sometimes if you save with Mileena in the party, the game will want to load a picture file for Mileena that doesn't exist. The file name is supposed to be in Japanese but the game will want to load "Mileena 2.png" from the Graphics/Characters and/or Graphics/Faces folder(s.) You can see Mileena's picture files if you follow the tree listed in the error message. Copy the picture and rename it to the appropriate name. Problem solved.

This reminds me... I never DID find out if we can bring Mileena with us on the Monster Extermination Levastia Forest quest.

ANYWAY, after using the Takeover play exploits enough, MC is hulked out enough to win the unwinnable battles. Guard on turn 5!!! The first battle with Shelly during the opening will brick the game if you beat her. The first battle with Alumina will replay endlessly after beating her until you lose. In addition, certain enemies who use a finisher after your MP drops to zero can be beaten if you survive the finisher.

Which brings us to Bunny Girl and the weak armor for events accessory. ONLY attempt this if you HAVE Female thief underwear OR the key of the door without opening (Reminiscenvce room) AND HAVE NOT completed the Monster Extermination Plateau quest... unless you want to waste your time. When Bunny Girl ambushes you in the waiting room before you fight her, you can choose to have sex with her and still defeat her if you're sufficiently hulked out. Note: it's a good idea to have a short sword in your inventory. The box in the waiting room will say that a short sword is equipped, but if it's not in your inventory, it seems to me like you're fighting weaponless. ANYWAY, when you have sex with her, your Level will drop significantly and you'll lose Water Shield, Magic Barrier, Elemental Bomb, Thunder, Mash Boost and Edgestorm (you'll have to legit advance to LVL 8 at some point to regain the Edgestorm skill.)
After defeating Bunny Girl, you will NOT be able to open the menu normally and are left standing on the stage with Bunny Girl. Go to the west stairs on the stage and down to the floor. Go around the stage to the east stairs. You'll be asked if you want to go up to the stage. Refuse. Now go east and escape the arena through the Female's waiting room. You might want to swing by the underground arena and do a quick winning battle (which will allow you to open a restricted version of the menu) just to re-equip your gear. You'll see that you're now equipped with the accessory: weak armor for events, which reduces your ATK and MAT. Congratulations... this is your prize.:censored: To continue playing, start the Monster Extermination Plateau quest. After you and Shelly escape the Ice Pit, you'll be able to open the menu normally again... HOWEVA, you will not be able to fight Bunny Girl and advance in the tournament, so your only option is to complete that quest and go to the Reminiscence room and Takeover play into a new game.

So yeah... I'm a little OCD about some stuff. Hope somebody has some fun with this info!

EDIT: Oh, right... if MC gets too hulked out to enjoy gameplay, you can continuously lose to Darkwitch during the Monster Extermination Levastia Forest quest. She'll suck a level and reduce your ATK and MAT until you're pretty weak. It's not a Game Over. Losing to Evil Witch will get her to suck some MAT. Unfortunately a save editor is the only way to lower your DEF and MDE stats individually.
This makes me really wish this game had a proper translation. I tried to fix up the translation one time but I honestly think it'd be easier just to translate it from scratch rather than trying to decipher the MTL's poetry

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
OK, so I don't know if anyone cares, but for some reason this game has kept calling me back to play it and I'm pretty sure I've exhausted every option I can think of. So here's tips and exploits and some weird shit you can do in this game:

The walkthrough recently posted here shows you all the basic quests and how to get all the good ends, BUT if you actually want all the scenes (mostly just text), you have to lose to all the enemies. In addition, game over and getting destroyed scenes can differ depending on if you lose through HP or if you lose your MP (most importantly the Velvet fights... there's actually more pics ) In addition AGAIN, a number of enemies have attacks than can make MC go "Cut! It will come out!" which is MTL for "Shit! I'm coming!" for which you are generally humiliated.

Fairy Sword is best weapon in the field. 2 hits/turn = almost as much damage as Edgestorm and 10 TP gained instead of 20 TP spent. You might want to switch to higher-damage weapons for boss-type fights or if you're fighting a Winning Battle in the underground club. Make sure you kill fairies until you get Fairy hair and forge the fairy sword in the Marvaick Armor shop in East Elmia.

FYI some weapons give you access to additional skills when equipped. Still, nothing beats a Fairy Sword,

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but towards the end of the game during the Marry Aluminia quest after defeating the Royal Guard to get the Suffer jewel from the chest in Queen Luftina's bedroom, the Suffer jewel can be crafted at the Marvaick Armor shop into Safistra's Grace, which is supposed to give you good protection against Luftina's holy attacks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Go to school, kids. Once each day in Elmia between signing up for the tournament and the tournament opening day you can find a ring on an open seat in the magic academy in East Elmia. 1st time: PERMANANTLY boosts your magic attack. 2nd time: learn Thunder spell. 3rd time: PERMANANTLY boosts magic attack and magic defense. 4th time: gain key item "Knowledge" (which seems useless, lol) and a Royal Gakuen student card Accessory, which gives you a small boost in DEF, MAT, MDF and LUK when equipped. If you skip a day, you won't be able to get all the bonuses, as the school closes on the first Tournament day.

I mention PERMANANTLY because you kinda have to go through several playthroughs to get all the good endings and these bonuses carry over when you use the Takeover Play option in the Reminiscence Room back in Reston, which you can access by giving Female bandit underwear to the kid near the locked building in the south east corner of Reston or you can access it after getting a good ending by waiting through the credits.
In there you can manage your level, HP, MP, TP, gold, get standard potions and the Death weapon(s) for free. You can re-fight specific enemies and get scenes with specific flags. All the CG's can be seen in the basement.
The least challenging way to play this game other than using a save editor is to go into the Reminiscence room as soon as you get the Female bandit underwear (which the Sword Thief or any of the bandit girls may randomly drop after you defeat them.) Then you can jump to LVL 50, snag a pretty powerful weapon, start Takeover play and fucking demolish the bandits in the Morderia Caves in about 5 minutes.

If you don't get bored easy and want to hulk out through multiple Takeover plays, grind against the Evil Witches on the northern snow plateau. They occasionally drop RESIST UP items which PERMANANTLY boost MDF when used (you can also use them on Purim, Mileena and Shelly, for whatever reason.) Also, your temporary boosts from the fish meals you can get become PERMANANT if they are in effect when you start Takeover play. Don't Pass the Restonian Octopus or Kraken's Legs to Aaron until the day when you're going to Takeover play and start a new game, and only pass them AFTER you've ordered whichever Stat-boosting dish you want with your daily pass. If you pass either before using your daily pass, they will count as your daily pass, BUT if you've already used the pass, you can pass both on the same day for an extra 300 HP and a defense bonus which can be carried over if you Takeover play on that day.

If you want MC to have all skills in the game, you need to play through the "I want some milk" quest 4 times (Takeover play.) Each of the 4 souvenirs from Wigheis will result in you getting a specific skill after passing the souvenir to Lzet and fighting Linetta. The Wooden Carriage gets you the Elemental Bomb attack spell. Pyroxene Earrings gets you the Wind Shield defensive spell. Plush Rabbit get you the Magic Barrier defensive spell. These are all Meh. The Music Box gets you the Regenerate skill and THIS one is a game-changer, recovering 10% HP per turn for 5 turns.

Party Members retain EXP and Resist Up bonus after Takeover play. Shelly does not Level Up like Purim and Mileena.
The most efficient way to grind Purim to LVL 50 is by re-fighting the Sea Princess in the Reminiscence room with Purim.
The most efficient way to grind Mileena to LVL 50 is by continuously fighting the winning game (5 races) in the underground arena. To do this, wait until after you defeat Bunny Girl in the tournament before starting the Quest with Mileena. Yes, you and Mileena can fight... Mileena in the underground arena. If you don't complete the Monster Extermination Plateau quest, you can bring Mileena with you and have both Mileena AND Shelly in your party in the Ice Caves (y)
One Mash Boost buffs ALL party members. Regenerate can be used on party members.

Sometimes if you save with Mileena in the party, the game will want to load a picture file for Mileena that doesn't exist. The file name is supposed to be in Japanese but the game will want to load "Mileena 2.png" from the Graphics/Characters and/or Graphics/Faces folder(s.) You can see Mileena's picture files if you follow the tree listed in the error message. Copy the picture and rename it to the appropriate name. Problem solved.

This reminds me... I never DID find out if we can bring Mileena with us on the Monster Extermination Levastia Forest quest.

ANYWAY, after using the Takeover play exploits enough, MC is hulked out enough to win the unwinnable battles. Guard on turn 5!!! The first battle with Shelly during the opening will brick the game if you beat her. The first battle with Alumina will replay endlessly after beating her until you lose. In addition, certain enemies who use a finisher after your MP drops to zero can be beaten if you survive the finisher.

Which brings us to Bunny Girl and the weak armor for events accessory. ONLY attempt this if you HAVE Female thief underwear OR the key of the door without opening (Reminiscenvce room) AND HAVE NOT completed the Monster Extermination Plateau quest... unless you want to waste your time. When Bunny Girl ambushes you in the waiting room before you fight her, you can choose to have sex with her and still defeat her if you're sufficiently hulked out. Note: it's a good idea to have a short sword in your inventory. The box in the waiting room will say that a short sword is equipped, but if it's not in your inventory, it seems to me like you're fighting weaponless. ANYWAY, when you have sex with her, your Level will drop significantly and you'll lose Water Shield, Magic Barrier, Elemental Bomb, Thunder, Mash Boost and Edgestorm (you'll have to legit advance to LVL 8 at some point to regain the Edgestorm skill.)
After defeating Bunny Girl, you will NOT be able to open the menu normally and are left standing on the stage with Bunny Girl. Go to the west stairs on the stage and down to the floor. Go around the stage to the east stairs. You'll be asked if you want to go up to the stage. Refuse. Now go east and escape the arena through the Female's waiting room. You might want to swing by the underground arena and do a quick winning battle (which will allow you to open a restricted version of the menu) just to re-equip your gear. You'll see that you're now equipped with the accessory: weak armor for events, which reduces your ATK and MAT. Congratulations... this is your prize.:censored: To continue playing, start the Monster Extermination Plateau quest. After you and Shelly escape the Ice Pit, you'll be able to open the menu normally again... HOWEVA, you will not be able to fight Bunny Girl and advance in the tournament, so your only option is to complete that quest and go to the Reminiscence room and Takeover play into a new game.

So yeah... I'm a little OCD about some stuff. Hope somebody has some fun with this info!

EDIT: Oh, right... if MC gets too hulked out to enjoy gameplay, you can continuously lose to Darkwitch during the Monster Extermination Levastia Forest quest. She'll suck a level and reduce your ATK and MAT until you're pretty weak. It's not a Game Over. Losing to Evil Witch will get her to suck some MAT. Unfortunately a save editor is the only way to lower your DEF and MDE stats individually.
Thank you so much for posting this guide! I could barely understand the dialogue in the game.

This makes me really wish this game had a proper translation. I tried to fix up the translation one time but I honestly think it'd be easier just to translate it from scratch rather than trying to decipher the MTL's poetry
Please do, this is a great game that is in dire need of a good translation.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
You do the translation and I'll rework the art :p (assuming you're not one of the 3D CG haters.)
I'm working my way to the Mines...

Damn... my Sword Thief is pretty jacked...

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
I'm currently reworking the graphics with Daz|Studio hoping to get anyone who can do translations interested. A long shot, but hey, you never know...
So I'm finished with the first part up until winning the battle with Velvet. Seems like some of the graphics are not individually accessible to edit... not as if I was thinking about sexy slime or anything, but I would have liked the battlers to look consistent and some of the characters on the maps don't really match the looks of who you're fighting... not complaining TOO hard... the characters I HAVE done make me hate doing such tedious pixel art.

Anyway, to check out what I've done:
1: Download the Graphics folder from here=>
2: Place it into the "Gladiators_translated" folder.
3: You should get notice that files have the same name. Go ahead and replace all existing files.

And if you like the look of the art I'm still updating my with test pics as I put new characters together.

If anybody comes across any pics that I've missed, let me know how you got them. I'm trying to NOT automatically replace every pic I see in case there's an opportunity to add more variety.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I'm currently reworking the graphics with Daz|Studio hoping to get anyone who can do translations interested. A long shot, but hey, you never know...
So I'm finished with the first part up until winning the battle with Velvet. Seems like some of the graphics are not individually accessible to edit... not as if I was thinking about sexy slime or anything, but I would have liked the battlers to look consistent and some of the characters on the maps don't really match the looks of who you're fighting... not complaining TOO hard... the characters I HAVE done make me hate doing such tedious pixel art.

1: Download the Graphics folder from here=> New Graphics (MEGA)
3: You should get notice that files have the same name. Go ahead and replace all existing files.

And if you like the look of the art I'm still updating my MEGA Gladiators Fanart Folder with test pics as I put new characters together.

If anybody comes across any pics that I've missed, let me know how you got them. I'm trying to NOT automatically replace every pic I see in case there's an opportunity to add more variety.
You are the hero this thread has been waiting for, thank you!!

Shotlite88

Mar 16, 2020

1: Download the Graphics folder from here=> New Graphics (MEGA)

And if you like the look of the art I'm still updating my MEGA Gladiators Fanart Folder with test pics as I put new characters together.

Why did you make sword thief into a barbarian

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
You are the hero this thread has been waiting for, thank you!!
Aw, thanks, but I'm just another guy WAITING for a hero in this thread!
Why did you make sword thief into a barbarian
I'm trying to keep with the approximate look of the main characters while putting my own spin on them (mostly involving overdeveloping their bosoms... it's so hard for me NOT to!) but I'm definitely taking liberties with the rnrmies that don't matter much to the plot. And I like muscle girls, too :giggle: If you're not a fan of girl muscles... you're gonna HATE what I did to the amazon!

• Love
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

I'm trying to keep with the approximate look of the main characters while putting my own spin on them (mostly involving overdeveloping their bosoms... it's so hard for me NOT to!) but I'm definitely taking liberties with the rnrmies that don't matter much to the plot. And I like muscle girls, too :giggle: If you're not a fan of girl muscles... you're gonna HATE what I did to the amazon!
I thought you were the one translating this game at first glance. You may not be the hero that we need but you are a darn good sidekick, of commissioner :)

As for muscle girls, I LOVE them with a passion. I hope there are many musclebound girls who look like they can kick the MC's ass everytime they are encountered.

Reactions: robtbo

Shotlite88

Mar 16, 2020

Nah man I was saying you could have made a cloak wearing girl with a broadsword. The Barbarian with a axe actually make her look like axe thief. Well it's just my opinion.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Nah man I was saying you could have made a cloak wearing girl with a broadsword. The Barbarian with a axe actually make her look like axe thief. Well it's just my opinion.
Ah, I see. Well, I started out iving her just a sword, but by the time I finished her physique and outfit, I was like... she needs a weapon for the other hand. I just didn't want to give her a 2nd sword...

Shotlite88

Mar 16, 2020
Ah, I see. Well, I started out iving her just a sword, but by the time I finished her physique and outfit, I was like... she needs a weapon for the other hand. I just didn't want to give her a 2nd sword...
Now all we need is a good translation

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes