Unity Abandoned Glamour (2016) [v0.8 Fix 5] [Dark Silver]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
Because the native language of the developer is Russian. Now shut up and GTFO.
I meant if he wants to get some more profit out of his games then he should've used a language that whole world knows and uses. This is just bad marketing decision that will freeze his development forever

-DeaDHeaD-

Apr 6, 2017
I meant if he wants to get some more profit out of his games then he should've used a language that whole world knows and uses. This is just bad marketing decision that will freeze his development forever
The first Glamor's versions were just a test site intended only for the Russian community. Not for this thread, forum, etc. But now, after the development of "Big Brother", the developer making a remastered version with a minimum of two languages - Russian and English. Are you happy now? Read the thread and don't be silly.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
ap99VibSNqvKqnVJEXIxXge6RlTKxz0lMRH7f7IaxyQwDaSnYOqDf7wDsYvZvxLa.jpg

As you probably remember, Big Brother had tiers of clothing. Kira moved into the house and everyone changed their clothes, which led to massive amount of work because we had to re-render a whole bunch of images. There were even a couple of events that stopped working because we didn't make new images with new clothes. Adding a third tier turned out to be even more complicated and we had to compromise, replacing limited amount of images in some events. Also, some players were asking us why NPCs didn't wear new clothes when Max gifts it to them. Adding dozens of variations of every image just to see new clothes would take insane amount of time, which isn't even the worst of it, because some images had two and more characters together, which multiplied the amount of images to remake even further.
Which is why Glamour is going to have layered images. Background is going to be its own layer, same with each character, clothing, items, etc. Of course, Rendering and editing sprites is a lot more complicated than just one image, but layers will make the game a lot more flexible, and that makes it all worth it.

This also works with items. When you buy a coffee-maker or a TV, you're going to see it in the Kate's house without us having to remake a whole room.

I'm quite excited for this system,because seeing one of the biggest flaws of BB being fixed makes me want to play this game even more.

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
View attachment 67217

As you probably remember, Big Brother had tiers of clothing. Kira moved into the house and everyone changed their clothes, which led to massive amount of work because we had to re-render a whole bunch of images. There were even a couple of events that stopped working because we didn't make new images with new clothes. Adding a third tier turned out to be even more complicated and we had to compromise, replacing limited amount of images in some events. Also, some players were asking us why NPCs didn't wear new clothes when Max gifts it to them. Adding dozens of variations of every image just to see new clothes would take insane amount of time, which isn't even the worst of it, because some images had two and more characters together, which multiplied the amount of images to remake even further.
Which is why Glamour is going to have layered images. Background is going to be its own layer, same with each character, clothing, items, etc. Of course, Rendering and editing sprites is a lot more complicated than just one image, but layers will make the game a lot more flexible, and that makes it all worth it.

This also works with items. When you buy a coffee-maker or a TV, you're going to see it in the Kate's house without us having to remake a whole room.

Looks great! Outfits at the bottom look great aswell ;)

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
Why the fuck does it have to be Russian language? That language is so complicated and not used anywhere else than in Russia only
Maby because you testing the old Glamour and the new hasn't yet to be released. Trust me tho.. the new Glamour will have English option so you'll be fine. And a wink wink to @TCMS About fixing a new thread, hehe ;) These are the problems we face when the 2 games are mixed up in same thread :)

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Custom clothes always adds to immersions. Sounds great even tho it's still shittons of assets required. But I would love to have hundereds of clothes for MC in simulation sandbox game. I think I can't expect more than a bunch but that's still huge improvement over typical 1 set you see in rendered games.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Nice, new clothes are a win in my book and it's good to see DS planing for the future, ongoing games often end up having issues when adding/changing stuff late in the development.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I mentioned this in the BB thread, but I can't be the only person who thinks that Kate and her sister don't look right. I mean the noses, the eyes, the forehead, everything seems off. They look kind of alien to me.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Ultimately, I think it hurt the game because he wasn't threatening enough and turned out to be more of an annoyance than a proper antagonist.
No words! DS feels bad, to have taken out Eric? Bullshit.

R129K

Jun 17, 2017
Will there be a Android version as well ?

And please suggest some good games for Android version if available.

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
When?

A lot of people ask about release date of the first version of the game, which is why I want to tell you where we are right now in the development.
When I was working in AAA company, development wasn't as streamlined because managing large groups of people is very complicated. But now that we're a small team, instead of drowning in bureaucracy, we can focus on the game development instead of wasting our time with sitting in meetings and reading e-mails half of our working days.

While technically we started working on Glamour several months ago, we didn't have much time to work on it because BB was taking wast majority of it. We did some NPC behavior, added support of layered images to our new engine and other technical stuff. This is good because all the technical stuff was made by a professional programmer and I didn't have to take any of my focus from BB and two games were developed in parallel. But it's also bad because the engine of the game was the only thing we worked on. No events, no images, no text, etc.

When BB was banned from Patreon, we had to quickly shift our focus to Glamour, and while our programmer has been working on the game's engine for quite some time, the game was still pretty far away from having a build. There was one unfinished location and two characters. We've added several locations, worked on the lightning, layered rendering, several interface elements, did a bunch of rendering and cut them up in sprites for different clothing in different positions for Julia and Kate and many other things in last two weeks. And of course we still have a lot of work ahead of us.

Currently we're working on making a playable technical demo of the game, so you can try it yourself and understand basic gameplay mechanics. We firmly believe we should release a new version of the game every month.

But you still want to hear something more precise than “when it's done ©”, though, right? Currently we're aiming at early-mid March.

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
Yq4ilBJR45WzeFGNtPBhoSgzQSqxL5-hIOOpz8tYhSHC_CqaHyRHu7b08ckaMaOy.jpg

Compromise

Last couple of days we had an active discussion about a male protagonist(mp for short). We don't want to ignore the players who supported us from the beginning, but we also don't want to delay the game's development or try to fit a square mp in a round story. Thankfully, we are making a sandbox, so we can try to compromise. A lot of content in the game is going to be unisex and we can add mp for those parts.
Now, about the compromises:

First of all, the main story is still going to revolve around Kate.

Some of the game's jobs (being a maid, for example) and locations (beauty salons) are still going to be unavailable for mp.

We're obviously not going to spend our time designing a bunch of clothes for mp. I don't think anyone wants to see mp running around the house in nothing but his underwear. Not us, not players, and not even Julia :)

Mp won't have every seduction tool available for Kate. I'm sure you don't want to see mp “accidentally” drop his pen and bend over to pick it up so another character can look up his skirt. This is just a random example, btw, I'm not saying anything like this is or isn't going to be in the game.

So, you're probably wondering, is there anything good in mp playthrough besides, well, playing as mp? Yes, we're going to rework dates for mp. Fp (I'll let you figure this one out for yourselves) will also be able to date—and she'll even be able to choose between men and women—but the dating process is going to be different. Guys are usually the ones chasing gals, not the other way around (unless it's two girls, of course, then one of them will have no choice but chase another one). Mp won't have a story to untangle, but he'll still be able to go to college, seduce teachers and students, change college's rules and many other sandbox elements of the game.

To sum everything up: playing as Kate is going to be a story mode, and playing as mp is going to be side sandbox datesim mode.

We will try to add mp in one of the future versions of the game (0.2 or 0.3) and we'll add more functionality to it if players will like it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote