Unity Abandoned Glamour (2016) [v0.8 Fix 5] [Dark Silver]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Poor DS. It's obvious that he wants to do a game with a female MC, but he also wants to keep and make more patreon bucks. He is already down 15 percent.
hey, for now the female is winning, so he'll maybe get half of what he wants.
it's better than nothing :test:

Reactions: JasonJemodah
U

User_215882

Or hear me out fellas. What if he made an option 4. Futa MC. I'd call that a win win. You could at start pick do you want to play as a chick with dick? Hit yes or no. I just made his life easier and possibly pull in more money.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Or hear me out fellas. What if he made an option 4. Futa MC. I'd call that a win win. You could at start pick do you want to play as a chick with dick? Hit yes or no. I just made his life easier and possibly pull in more money.
Futa still adds more work, just not as much as a male mc, but the important thing is that I'm fairly sure MMC has way more appeal than Futa which is the whole point of adding one.

IlMato

Oct 7, 2017
I really hope he stays with FMC, old Glamour is even unfinished more fun than BB. And i believe after the first build more people will pledge again.

Reactions: boloss456
U

User_215882

Just a slap a dick where the vagina is and you're good to go! Kidding of course before someone jumps on me about posing and rendering new scenes. Also not sure about that. For a game that will most likely be vanilla (maybe some blackmail/corruption) adding a Futa option gives it some appeal more so than adding a male character. Of course the rule of thumb is you can't appease everyone.

U

User_215882

I really hope he stays with FMC, old Glamour is even unfinished more fun than BB. And i believe after the first build more people will pledge again.
Glamour was abandon for BB. It doesn't help that DS is already considering adding a MMC. I hope he can keep his base and grow, but he needs to stop with the surveys and just push out some content. Time will tell how well Glamour does.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
It would be better for any game to have a choice. But with this crappy relase system Patron offers it's better to stick to the female to not slow down whole development too much

IlMato

Oct 7, 2017
Glamour was abandon for BB. It doesn't help that DS is already considering adding a MMC. I hope he can keep his base and grow, but he needs to stop with the surveys and just push out some content. Time will tell how well Glamour does.
I am totally agree with he must publish something, and all the MC debatt will cease
But i think Glamour was abandoned for Money because old Glamour had real life Girls. And you can't make money without paying for the copyright.
But you still have a point in making BB and not reworking Glamour (until now)

PS: I know my english is shit

U

User_215882

False. Look at any QSP. The thing is when BB started incest was all the rage. So DS could continue making Glamour, which at the time wasn't making much of anything, or go with the crowd and make an incest game which he did. DS wants to get paid first and foremost and I get that.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
False. Look at any QSP. The thing is when BB started incest was all the rage. So DS could continue making Glamour, which at the time wasn't making much of anything, or go with the crowd and make an incest game which he did. DS wants to get paid first and foremost and I get that.
That is quite likely, but there are a few asterisks in the above statement (just for the sake of completeness and clarity).
1. DarkSilver could have very well made money with the original Glamour since people nearly begged him to donate, but he actively refused donations, because he believed he should first present a complete game and then let people decide if it's worth paying for.
Granted, he'd make nowhere near close what he makes now, but he'd get far above and beyond what other Russian devs get from Paypal donations.
And also, Patreon proved that you don't need a complete game to have people shower you with money. A few enticing mock-ups and riding the hype train (as you mentioned) will suffice just fine.

2. A major reason that caused DarkSilver to drop Glamour was the usage of RL photos. It became harder and harder to find proper photosets in order to not break immersion, and in a high enough quality to be usable with all the post-processing he did (and no, it was not a copyright issue). Since I think we can all agree that, as far as RL photo games go, Glamour is sling-shotted ahead in model consistency and general chromatic vibe.

3. Probably the most important reason, and the nail on the coffin, was a Russian law that passed shortly before Glamour ceased development, which roughly states that [among other stuff] adults posing in underage attire, such as schoolgirl uniforms, can be deemed as CP distribution and get prosecuted under the relevant legislation, meaning serious jail time for the creator. It's also a reason for the sharp decline or outright abandonment in similar Russian games. So, moving on to renders was pretty much the only alternative.

And if anyone of you fancies a bit of dipping in the game's history (there's some great insight on at-the-time plans and game mechanics among others) going back to late 2015, this is the blog till he migrated to Telegram due to the law stated above -

Edit: That makes it 2/2 games he had to cancel due to laws/rules. Let's see what the new Glamour's major theme will be, so we have a hint on what gets banned next.

Reactions: shiddily

groq

Aug 12, 2017
3. Probably the most important reason, and the nail on the coffin, was a Russian law that passed shortly before Glamour ceased development, which roughly states that [among other stuff] adults posing in underage attire, such as schoolgirl uniforms, can be deemed as CP distribution and get prosecuted under the relevant legislation, meaning serious jail time for the creator. It's also a reason for the sharp decline or outright abandonment in similar Russian games. So, moving on to renders was pretty much the only alternative.
I am not so sure that DS cares about a russian law.
Reason (quote from Discord channel):

Dark Silver - Today at 12:06 AM
I'm native russian
not russian

-DeaDHeaD-

Apr 6, 2017
Door and guitar appear out of nowhere :p
Google translated quote:

"A pure render without photoshop with new materials. Everything will be assembled on layers. The construction of most of the frames will be layered. Therefore, technically it is many times more difficult "Big Brother" or most other similar games. But the result is worth it."

Reactions: JasonJemodah
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote