VN Ren'Py Abandoned Glowing Nights [v0.01] [EchoGames Studio]

Deleted member 588212

Dev of Codename UltraViolet
Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Am I missing something? where are they discussed because I don't see any genre spoilers showing planned tags.
I don't play without knowing what will be in future content anymore.
Hello, I always discuss these issues on my discord, especially with the internal staff and the Patrons and Supporters. If you want to have access to a more focused and up to date conversation, feel free to access the project discord that is always available at the bottom of my comments.

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
The new interface that will be present from 0.1 or Chapter 1.

Designed more for people with small screens or mobile.

It still keeps the concept designed for larger screens, that is, with smaller sized content.

screenshot0025.png
screenshot0017.png
screenshot0022.png

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
The new characters that will appear in Chapter 1

Diane Stones
Sex: Futanari / Hermaphrodite
Race: Ecto-Ghost (Ghost with the ability to transmute, can become transgible or untransgible.)
Position: Servant of the Protagonist's Father, who becomes the protagonist's equal Nancy.

Gabriel Manfrey
Sex: Gay
Race: Enhanced Human (Like Nancy)
Position: Son of distant relation of the protagonist's Father. Envy and Admiration both the same has.

CHARS.png

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Reading all these comments and seeing that you have already 2 abandoned projects that made it never past the 0.01, you don't exactly give the impression, that you know where your story should go and instead it reads like "I throw every kind of content to the wall to see what sticks", even if it's avoidable. Maybe you should sit down (with your team, if you have one) and think what kind of story you want to tell and which kind of crowd you want to attact. ATM I'm not confident this project won't end the same way the past 2 did. And avoiding questions by giving random statements won't help your cause. Good luck, maybe see you, if this gets some more releases.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well I ran into an issue when MC received a text while he was at work in the computer room. After I checked the text, it took forever to find a way to close the phone after reading it. I then tried leaving the class room, and the phone finally closed (Image shows there isn't any phone in the top left hand corner). BUT now I'm only seeing the computer room, as other conversations were taking place with other girls. (Not sure if it matters, I chose the big text choice)

screenshot0001.png

OK, and so when your requested to go to Sarah's place to train...you see her in the pushup position at her place. After you click on her, your back in the computer room seeing only the text of the conversation until the training is done (seeing no one on the screen in the computer room). Then your back at Sarah's place and she is gone, and the same goes for the conversation with the girl back from visiting her family, and the girl who gives the hated mini game...you never see her at all (AND I wish a player could opt-out / avoid / skip the damn mini games).
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0005.png

screenshot0002.png
screenshot0006.png

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Reading all these comments and seeing that you have already 2 abandoned projects that made it never past the 0.01, you don't exactly give the impression, that you know where your story should go and instead it reads like "I throw every kind of content to the wall to see what sticks", even if it's avoidable. Maybe you should sit down (with your team, if you have one) and think what kind of story you want to tell and which kind of crowd you want to attact. ATM I'm not confident this project won't end the same way the past 2 did. And avoiding questions by giving random statements won't help your cause. Good luck, maybe see you, if this gets some more releases.
Well, it has already been said twice here, this project will be different from the other 2, the other 2 I didn't have time and I didn't have a financial return so I loved abandoning them, but now with more free time and acquired resources, I keep this project in ahead even if it takes time to get a financial return, which is my main objective since I'm unemployed at the moment and I'm betting everything on the project.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the next updates, please feel free to join the discord that is always at the bottom of my comments.

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Well I ran into an issue when MC received a text while he was at work in the computer room. After I checked the text, it took forever to find a way to close the phone after reading it. I then tried leaving the class room, and the phone finally closed (Image shows there isn't any phone in the top left hand corner). BUT now I'm only seeing the computer room, as other conversations were taking place with other girls. (Not sure if it matters, I chose the big text choice)

View attachment 2297148

OK, and so when your requested to go to Sarah's place to train...you see her in the pushup position at her place. After you click on her, your back in the computer room seeing only the text of the conversation until the training is done (seeing no one on the screen in the computer room). Then your back at Sarah's place and she is gone, and the same goes for the conversation with the girl back from visiting her family, and the girl who gives the hated mini game...you never see her at all (AND I wish a player could opt-out / avoid / skip the damn mini games).
View attachment 2297321
View attachment 2297331

View attachment 2297260
View attachment 2297351
Thanks for reporting the bug, incredibly in the code there is nothing causing this, just having changed the size of the dialogs in accessibility, I will look deeper into why the bug is causing this, please feel free to join the discord that is always at the bottom of my comments.

Reactions: MrBenny

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Content that divides opinions, such as NTR and other subjects, will be included, but in an avoidable way, i.e. you will be able to play without the need to witness it in the game.
I assume by this you mean it won't happen. Personally, the way I like best to avoid NTR is a choice at the beginning of the game that says: NTR: YES, NO. The next would be to warn each time it can happen with big red letters: BEWARE, THIS CHOICE LEADS TO NTR!

Well, we know that the game is going to have NTR. Is it going to be a harem or will we have to choose a LI?

It would be nice to know what other fetishes there are going to be, and if they will be avoidable.

The new characters that will appear in Chapter 1

Diane Stones
Sex: Futanari / Hermaphrodite
Race: Ecto-Ghost (Ghost with the ability to transmute, can become transgible or untransgible.)
Position: Servant of the Protagonist's Father, who becomes the protagonist's equal Nancy.

Gabriel Manfrey
Sex: Gay
Race: Enhanced Human (Like Nancy)
Position: Son of distant relation of the protagonist's Father. Envy and Admiration both the same has.

View attachment 2297090
I guess we can avoid to have any sex scene (and romantic relationship) with these two characters.

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
I assume by this you mean it won't happen. Personally, the way I like best to avoid NTR is a choice at the beginning of the game that says: NTR: YES, NO. The next would be to warn each time it can happen with big red letters: BEWARE, THIS CHOICE LEADS TO NTR!

Well, we know that the game is going to have NTR. Is it going to be a harem or will we have to choose a LI?

It would be nice to know what other fetishes there are going to be, and if they will be avoidable.
Yes, as you said, such content as ntr will be present in the game, but you will be advised in advance which possible routes you can choose, such as Nancy, who can be both Transsexual and Female.

In the story, the protagonist will have Emerald as the main loving character, but will have the choice to create a harem with only friendships, a loving harem with the other characters.

Don't worry, I'll let you know as the story unfolds. I see you're on Discord, you'll find out as soon as updates are made.

I guess we can avoid to have any sex scene (and romantic relationship) with these two characters.
Exactly, you can avoid any relationship and intimacy with any character, what you can't avoid is the obligatory encounters and events that are part of the story.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I've started the game, I like the story (not so much the minigame of clicking on the screen at certain points at certain times, but at least it was easy enough to get it right the first time).

I don't really like that time advances in the sandbox. I'm a person who leaves these types of games on for hours, I play for a while, I go to do other things and I play again after a while (or more than a while). I probably won't remember to pause it. Personally, I think I prefer to look for other games that better fit my way of playing (a sandbox that doesn't use real time or a pure VN)

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
I've started the game, I like the story (not so much the minigame of clicking on the screen at certain points at certain times, but at least it was easy enough to get it right the first time).

I don't really like that time advances in the sandbox. I'm a person who leaves these types of games on for hours, I play for a while, I go to do other things and I play again after a while (or more than a while). I probably won't remember to pause it. Personally, I think I prefer to look for other games that better fit my way of playing (a sandbox that doesn't use real time or a pure VN)
This idea of keeping time moving forward even when stopped I will discard, I realized that it will be too much work to keep the events organized, so I decided to keep time stopped, only moving when moving to distant areas where you are or after certain events.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This idea of keeping time moving forward even when stopped I will discard, I realized that it will be too much work to keep the events organized, so I decided to keep time stopped, only moving when moving to distant areas where you are or after certain events.
I like that better. As long as there is a good hint system that avoids going around looking for events, that the time advances when going from one location to another shouldn't be a problem.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Great detail on the scenes but please add sound.. it can just be music but this completely devoid of any sounds really killing the mood.

ugg.. please no futanari I saw your other comments.. it does not fit supernatural I was like.. damn.. werewolves and vampires and possibly other races like succubus than I saw that DREADED word Futanari. It has that I am definitely out.