Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
GS_SM_Cover01.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Glowing Stones
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 08/12/2023
Game/Creator: Glowing Stones / MoonLight Dev Corp /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: Chapter 3
Game Version: Chapter 3
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (will be implemented when required).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 08/12/2023 12:18 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
GS SM B01a1.jpg GS SM B01a2.jpg GS SM B01a3.jpg GS SM B01a4.jpg GS SM B01a5.jpg
GS SM B01b1.jpg GS SM B01b2.jpg GS SM B01b3.jpg GS SM B01b4.jpg GS SM B01b5.jpg GS SM B01b6.jpg
Realtime toggled Walkthrough (either dev's or ChoiceGuide)
GS SM B01a6.jpg GS SM B01a7.jpg
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  11. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  12. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
So running this on mobile device using JoiPlay causes the game to freeze when pressing Start Game Screenshot_2022-11-11-09-36-23-13_83e3caf07395b62e0d5781f0cce5dd36.jpg
The unmodded game runs fine.

Last used Sancho mod on Karlsson's Gambit last month in the same setup & it worked fine. Idk what changed .

(Note: I already finished the game, so this is more of a fyi than anything else. I kinda do hope this is an isolated incident tho. Be sad if this happed to next episode of KG)

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
View attachment 2149015

Overview:
In-game mod for Glowing Stones
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 11/05/2022
Game/Creator: Glowing Stones / MoonLight Dev Corp /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: Chapter 1
Game Version: Chapter 1
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (will be implemented when required).
  • Too many new features to list.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 11/05/2022 11:26 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 2149057 View attachment 2149058 View attachment 2149060 View attachment 2149061 View attachment 2149062
View attachment 2149065 View attachment 2149066 View attachment 2149067 View attachment 2149069 View attachment 2149070 View attachment 2149072
Realtime toggled Walkthrough (either dev's or ChoiceGuide)
View attachment 2149063 View attachment 2149064
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 2149051

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
Please update for ch.2!! :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I spent some time to get the basics of the new Core code over and now migrating the VN's scripts. There are a ton of dialogue/scene edits/grammatical changes so you might want to start fresh. I'll know in a bit if it's mandatory (I'm still checking everything in the IDE before firing up the VN). I'll let y'all know what's what after a bit...

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ain't gonna lie, the language preference choice in the new update kinda kicked my ass a bit but I sorted it all except one remaining issue explained here. I'm going to keep moving forward and deal with the ChoiceGuide translation later. While I continue let this tease of Core v7 working inside Ch2 be satisfactory that I'm chugging along at a decent clip:
1676072889958.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I took a nap and woke up at 0330 hours this morning (~3hrs ago). I'm still slamming coffee and finally cruising through Ch2's ChoiceGuide coding swiftly. There was a ton of GUI and other issues that had to be sorted first to keep the foundation solid so it ate up hours last night. I just wanted folks to know I'm still on this non-stop as I have to finish it since I've been given word that yet another VN I mod is dropping an update today sometime (I'll never get a weekend off doing this for y'all, I swear :ROFLMAO:). To give you an idea where I'm at with the CG coding I'm on choice 37 of 55. Otherwise all the other newest features of Core v7 are done including the SanchoCheat updated code, the SanchoGallery updated code, the latest HotKeys, etc.

Anyway, back to it as the sun will be rising soon...

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ChoiceGuide done. Time for code cleanup and some polish... mostly with the damn Stat screens (all of 'em).

Here's some current stat screen teasers (not final) for reference with some fat trimmed so things fit on the screen. Most of the Event Choices don't matter (yet) so I took the ones out that are almost certainly never going to be used. They can always be put back if needed. This will give you an idea of how many EVs there are to deal with (again, remember I removed about a dozen or so already). I'll likely move some of the misc stats from the Player to a MiscRelp category for the final screens.

P.S. - Reference this post in the future whenever the almost certain individual(s) post "Sancho, your guide sux. I don't know what the Event Choices do in the ChoiceGuide!". Well, if they do or did anything in the current code then I would say so, right? Over 98% of them don't do diddly (except minor dialogue changes) yet, so there's not hardly any "SanchoNotes" in the guide to date. This isn't me being lazy, this is me not being able to see the future, so please be nice when critiquing the Guide... there's only so much I can do at this point. Fair enough? Thanks.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Had a delay. I hadn't noticed while coding (prior to actually testing gameplay) that the "phone chat" has a few choices in it and it played havoc with the base mod code. This is what it looks like unmodded:
1676133333149.png

It took some fiddling with to get it sorted and retain the aesthetic but I reckon I'm pretty damn close to it so I'm calling it good for now. The ChoiceGuide remains a toggled feature in here as well (that wasn't easy to pull off). :
1676133869650.png

I'm about 60% thru the initial VN speedrun testing and MiniStat automatic Hide/Show coding (for quality of life improvement while playing to get it out of the way when not needed automatically). Once done I should be able to then compile it, bench test it, and if goes well get it out for distribution.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Folks, you know how I constantly remind others if they use the SaveFixer to remember that so they delete it prior to installing the mod (since they don't play very nice with each other)? Guess WTF I've been doing for the last hour of final bench testing on 4 different PCs? Yep, forgot on every single one of them to remove the damn file and have been chasing non-existing bugs.... ugh!

I'm on track now. Ready to push this live. Give me a bit, next post from me will be the update post come hell or high water. Thank you for your patience.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).
1676147662513.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Sancho's HotKeys:

Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch2)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in post here.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote