VN Ren'Py Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.4] [MoonLightDevCorp]

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
Cool!

Just some feedback re: Survival/Heroism, the way I was playing my MC was mostly Survival in action moments, and Hero in more moral decisions (conversations). I don't know if there will be thresholds for any of those triggers where combinations might be possible, or if it is a better player decision to commit fully to one side or the other. Personally, since they aren't on a spectrum, but appear to be two different (though competing) stats it'd be interesting to see how they mesh. My first instinct was if going full Heroic it could easily lead to actions that may fall under 'foolhardy,' and pure survival might be interpreted as cowardice (though so far the MC is always a hero, it seems like it may be more Heroic=Brave/Bold Survival=Savvy/Thoughtful. But after playing Disco Elysium, I never can be sure if too much of something may end up as a bad thing.

The clue system sounds fun. My instant thought is if it isn't passive (3/8 clues MC almost has it, 5/8 clues gets the reveal, 8/8 clues MC can be extra prepared/smug about knowing the secret), it could be the chance for a simple mini-game/special screen or something. Like we could drag and drop the clues onto a conspiracy board and slowly more information about the secret is revealed. Probably not worth the effort coding, but popped into my brain, so I thought I'd share.
For this, I'm tracking every choice :)
For the first part, full or not, I don't know yet exactly how I'll deal with this mecanism in the future :)

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
CelesteIvyDoF2.jpg

Hello there,

Today, during my lunch break, I had some fun with Celeste (and yes, we needed a redhead to play Poison Ivy :) ). So here's the result.

As for me, my son's holidays are starting, but I'll try to keep up the pace. It's going pretty well at the moment, but I confess I'm looking forward to being part-time so I can work one more day a week on GS :)

As for the numbers, here they are:
- 410 renders (yes, a big step this time ^^)
- 1600 animated frames
- 1900 scripted lines, but I've also got another 1000 lines of dialogue ready. So we're already at 3000 lines, with, I think, a result between 4500 and 5500 lines (for comparison, chapter 3 is 4300 lines).

Additional info: with chapter 4, the game is now over 50,000 words long. If you want an example, the first Harry Potter is 76,000 words :)

I'm far from having finished this chapter, but these figures are making my head spin :)

See you soon! :)

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Halloween2023Pomos4K.jpg

Hello there!

Today, it's an update, but also a special render for you!
So, first of all, happy Halloween to everyone!
It's 200% fan service, but I like it, so here goes...

As for the next update, the wait is starting to get long :( I agree with you, I too (and even I the first) would like to get it out soon, but... Between the Steam release, vacations with the baby, some family and health problems, well...
But right now, it's coming along pretty well, so I'm pretty happy.
And I'm really looking forward to being part-time too! Friday, it starts, I'll be able to focus on GS a lot more.
Also, on Tuesday and Wednesday, I'll be away on business, so I'll be able to finish writing and, I hope, scripting this whole chapter, so I'll "only" have the pictures left.

In addition, I'd like you to know that with all the support you've given me here and with the money I've made from Steam, I've also been able to make progress on the music. As of today, I have 13 musics, composed exclusively for me, and for which I own all exclusive rights. So Amy, Aurora, Celeste and Sam each have 3 musics with a specific style but a common element :)
What does this mean? GS will have a unique soundtrack, composed for the game, and only for the game. This soundtrack will of course go into the game, but also, in high quality, into the bonus pack (and will be accessible on the Patreon of course).

Finally, I've started asking for quotes and challenging designers for GS' graphical interface. Currently, it's not bad, but it's clearly amateurish, and I'd really like to get a more "professional" visual.

I won't hide the fact that with all this, most of the money from Steam and Patreon will go, but it worth it I think :)

For the numbers :
- 445 renders (But I've learned some new Blender tricks, for special effects and powers! :D )
- 1800 animated frames (but 350 more are in production :) )
- 1980 scripted lines

Thank you all for your support, and see you soon!

JamesPT85

Oct 25, 2022
I'm having an issue that is preventing me from progressing. I am at the scene after the jewelry thief fight and suit AI introductions where Aurora comes to check on you. After she leaves it cycles back to the scene where Malcolm fires you.

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Gofile link says "this file doesn't exist" and no file to dl.
Just to let you know, that's usually the option i choose to dl.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
SO he is a nerfed flash lol (when we decide the hero name, I'll chose Accel remind me of that anime/manga). Poor bro got nerfed instant. Ig, if not for that he would have been too cheat. It's a great game, nvm, I was and still am a sucker for superhero/superpower plot, the more so when they are good lol.
Apart from that, I saw the harem tag, does that mean that there will be a harem ending. I mean they are all so sweet, wouldn't mind letting all of them stay at our possible future star labs lol.
Ok enough of that.
I rly enjoyed the game, wish y'all the best,
THX

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MoonlightDevCorp

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
For personal reasons, I haven't had the opportunity to follow my Patreon as closely lately, so I haven't shared any updates from MoonlightDevCorp with you. I'm making up for that now with the missing posts. I wish you all a happy and healthy 2024 and all the best for Moonie!

ch4_ware_0040_anim_fin.jpg

Hello there!
There's no denying it, some poses are much more epic than others! :D
Here's the news from my side: For two weeks now, I've been working part-time, so I have more time to work on GS.
I've also made good progress on the music (I've got all the music I can afford at the moment, I'll order the rest after the next release).
And also, I've started working with the designer on the game's GUI. We're going to work on harmonizing the whole interface, from the main menu to the tablet, including game elements such as the textbox and icons.
Finally, I've just about finished scripting the whole chapter. I've still got a bit of code to add, but that I always do at the end, such as music, replays, certain transitions etc.
As for the numbers :
- 575 renders (That's progress, that's progress!)
- 2500 animated frames
- 3700 scripted lines

Thanks for your support, and see you soon! :)

ThanksGivingPromo.jpg

Just a little something I've posed when I was simulating the renders for the chapter 4 on the other Daz session :)

ch4_cel_0024.jpg

Hello there!

As the title suggests, I'm working hard over here! I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! There's still quite a bit of work left, but basically, I need to set up one big scene, a smaller one, the lewd part of another, and finally, the big action scene.
Then I'll synchronize the music, code, add the clues, the walkthrough, review everything, adjust the code a bit, and, with a bit of luck, apply the new design to the entire interface! For this second part, I'll do it during my work trip next week.

In parallel, I've been working on a solution to make the game available on Android as an APK to install, on Steam. Steam isn't an Android platform, but I don't see what could prevent distributing the APK as a free DLC of the game. I still have to think about it, especially how to manage the "bonus pack" DLC, but it's starting to take shape.

Because, yes, now I'm also working on fine-tuning the game for phones (adjusting displays, that kind of thing). Brandy, the modder who has been making the Android versions of the game until now, has agreed to teach me how to do it myself, which is very, very, very cool of him! Thanks to this, I'm more confident about distributing a paid version of the game on Android.
And here are the numbers:
  • 840 (yes!!) renders
  • 2500 animated frames
  • 3800 scripted lines (It's not progressing much anymore, that's normal, almost everything is written, so now it's pure "coding" time)
Things have progressed well (the part-time work is starting to show), and clearly, I'm slowly but surely approaching the end of this chapter!

See you soon!
MoonLight

ch4_jen_0006.jpg

Hello everyone!

As the title suggests, I'm working a lot! Some of it is for my IRL job, but even more (actually, twice as much :p ) for GS. I must say, there's been (and still is) a lot to do.

The work with the designer is progressing. It's slower than I'd like, but the result is definitely coming along well. I'm not going to show much here, as we're still in the stage of creating different screens, but here's the latest version (and probably close to the final one) of the main menu for you.

mainmenu.jpg

Clearly, it's on another level compared to what I've been able to produce myself so far.

In parallel, I've also been working on the screen code. With the aim of modifying them (sometimes heavily for some), I've started making them much more adaptable, and also using standard screens more intelligently. Well, it's coder stuff, but it's necessary, and especially I'm going to save a huge amount of time when it comes to redoing/improving the screens.

I've also finished all the writing and scripting of Chapter 4, down to the smallest detail, and I've even had feedback from the proofreaders (Thank you so much Graywolfe, ASLPro3D, and Impious Monk!)

And of course, I've rendered quite a few images but especially all the naughty animations of the chapter!

Regarding the rest to do, and the future:
  • The French translation. I'll give the texts for translation tomorrow as they're corrected.
  • The design: we continue working on it daily.
  • The posing: Continuing, there's one big social scene, one big action scene, and a tiny post-credits scene left.
  • Create the walkthrough.
  • Implement small features like the clue hunt and biographies.
  • Testing.
As for the numbers:

• 910 renders
  • 5500 animated frames (8 animations 10s long :) )
  • 4300 scripted lines
Additional info: I won't be taking holidays for the end-of-year festivities, but I will still take two days off with family ;) However, I'll be on leave from my IRL job, so I'll be able to make significant progress on all this!

Thank you for your support, and hang in there, it's coming, it's coming! :)

HappyYule.jpg

Yep, Amy and my wife are sharing it, they are both pagans, so... Happy Yule! (and so, 4 girls dancing around a tree is a good way to celebrate that! :D )

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah, she's a beauty and a lovely person, too. I, for myself, find it refreshing there's an AVN where you can have women as normal friends and not "just" a LI. That's one of the main points why I adore this game.
Oh I agree but not her ;) She's one of the hottest I've seen in a VN!

But I'll power through.....

Silentlord85

Aug 8, 2021
I'm having an issue that is preventing me from progressing. I am at the scene after the jewelry thief fight and suit AI introductions where Aurora comes to check on you. After she leaves it cycles back to the scene where Malcolm fires you.
i have the exact same issue. by any chance did you reject aurora? because i did. seems like thats the issue from reading some of the threads. looks like the game is dead to me then. i dont like her and i shouldnt be forced to like her just to continue, what was the point of offering the rejection then?

• Angry
Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
i have the exact same issue. by any chance did you reject aurora? because i did. seems like thats the issue from reading some of the threads. looks like the game is dead to me then. i dont like her and i shouldnt be forced to like her just to continue, what was the point of offering the rejection then?
because it's obviously a bug if there is a choice to reject her........

Silentlord85

Aug 8, 2021
then thats a rather large bug then. one that should of been fixed awhile ago. i have only just come across this VN at the chapter3 stage. and from what i can gather, this is a chapter2 issue. you get i think...2 chances to reject. and pretty early on, didnt seem to affect the game, as still lots of story and scenes with her after.
eitherway its still dead to me, as i cant progress at all, ill keep an eye on it, as it seems a decent VN.

i know the simple answer is to not reject. but again, why is there a choice, why wasnt a possible rejection factored in by the dev. if so vital to the story, then take away the choice or make it a KN.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
seems a decent VN
*Gives "poor" rating in review*. :FacePalm:

Seriously, you get to play it for free. Make a bug report, devs are grateful for bug reports. I know Moony, and I know he wouldn't leave a bug in the game if he knew about it. So it slipped through testing. Happens. The game is in development. Let's help make it better instead of complaining. :)(y)

Constructive criticism is best criticism.

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
*Gives "poor" rating in review*. :FacePalm:

Seriously, you get to play it for free. Make a bug report, devs are grateful for bug reports. I know Moony, and I know he wouldn't leave a bug in the game if he knew about it. So it slipped through testing. Happens. The game is in development. Let's help make it better instead of complaining. :)(y)

Constructive criticism is best criticism.
Haha, thank you and don't worry, I take this review as a 5 stars for me and 1 star only for the people who upload my game here with a bug inside and don't upload the version without the bug :)

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes