MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Why is there only one column for English in _ap_ files when there are two Japanese entries? There are 2 Japanese lines but only one English translation and that seems to be for the first Japanese entry. _ev_ files seem to be more straightforward.

For example (Diana, 03_ap_011_65.csv), here the English translation is for Chief but where is Diana's translation?
Code:
['【Chief】「[落]', 'どうだ、そろそろ素直になったらどうだ?'];['【Diana】「[落]', 'いやあああっ、キライだっ、お前なんか、お前なんかぁ...!'];['How about becoming obedient now?']
Well that was embarrassing. Made a change to fix that exact problem but while I was testing it commented out the line to do the same fix for the ev files as the ap files and didn't remember to switch it back on before uploading. Everything is updated, all ap files should be workable now.

deadman141

Aug 26, 2019
I if later af the game to eat a hero to get more power to the army or use/eat low lvl goblin to made more power to high lvl monster. so bur do not need to eat the
girl

Last edited:

masMalkar

May 26, 2017
... Is this the case, or is there a way to beat the game without killing the girls?
look around f95zone's forum, at some point you will find a "kill everything with shamans" guide, just follow that guide and you will be doing around 300-400 dmg to all the enemies, not only the squad that you are seeing

Reactions: daedilus

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
look around f95zone's forum, at some point you will find a "kill everything with shamans" guide, just follow that guide and you will be doing around 300-400 dmg to all the enemies, not only the squad that you are seeing
Yep. That strat is in the Walkthrough still available in the OP of this thread for anyone curious to find it.

The tl;dr is to get a Shaman with literally any of the AOE spells (Astesia's > Rikadonna's > someone else) and high enough Magic. It will wipe every army in two turns. For defense armies, just have your shaman squad alone and always use an invincible for x turns item from the armoury. For offense armies, just use your front line as a meatshield/to loot, a paladin with an AOE heal spell on the backline before the Shaman nukers.

Reactions: masMalkar

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
question do i have to beat the game first to unlock the gallery
No, if the gallery isn't working it's because you're not running it in Japanese localisation. To unlock all scenes, yes, you do need to get certain endings (the 'best' ending for each DLC). A full save with a fully unlocked gallery is included in the download.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yep. That strat is in the Walkthrough still available in the OP of this thread for anyone curious to find it.

The tl;dr is to get a Shaman with literally any of the AOE spells (Astesia's > Rikadonna's > someone else) and high enough Magic. It will wipe every army in two turns. For defense armies, just have your shaman squad alone and always use an invincible for x turns item from the armoury. For offense armies, just use your front line as a meatshield/to loot, a paladin with an AOE heal spell on the backline before the Shaman nukers.
Does it still work? Magic was nerfed hard at one point. I actually think the aoe strat is kind of dead now. My full mage focus build, the aoe eventually doesn't even pierce enemy defenses and usually does less than 10 damage per enemy. Attack focus seems to be best now, or single damage magic.

The first aoe initially did 1.0x damage to all enemies and was nerfed to 0.5. All magic got hit like that, it used to be OP. I think you'd at least have to wait until the final aoe spell now. The 0.5 damage modifier is far too weak unless your gobs are already broken stat wise, then you don't need it anyways. Gotta be careful of some of the early strats mentioning magic anyways for that reason.

Something I'm unsure of now is that it used to be the belief that feeding gobs could pass on some of those stats to their offspring. Not all the bonuses obviously, but that it would help boost their stats. Recently I've seen some people say that the food given to gobs isn't passed on in any way. I'm considering testing that next run. Some mechanics could have changed or some could have been misunderstood. I'm also not sure if breeding with a certain goblin improves the chance that you'll get that kind again. Breed with a Shaman for a higher chance of Shaman offsprings for example.

If I could cement those two things, things would be much more consistent. I'm pretty confident in the latter one because I almost always end up with way more Ogres/Shamans than Paladins/Chiefs and I usually try to breed with Shamans/Ogres, but who knows. Both of those things are kinda of obnoxious to test since the gobs don't show who their parents are.

I think the below tooltip used to be translated and I think it said something about the food that led people to believe some of the food stats were passed on, but it could have been a mistranslation. I could think of one thing that could possibly cause confusion, like maybe only human meat stats are passed on or something (Though I'm like 99% sure it's all food, good to leave some skepticism since I haven't seen the code myself though)

Yeah, Yandex seems to be saying some of the food effect is passed down still. Glad I've been doing that all this time, unless it's a mistranslation. Though just the shear amount of text there is kinda proof it's a more complex mechanic than just a raw stat boost to the goblin that isn't passed down.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Does it still work? Magic was nerfed hard at one point. I actually think the aoe strat is kind of dead now. My full mage focus build, the aoe eventually doesn't even pierce enemy defenses and usually does less than 10 damage per enemy. Attack focus seems to be best now, or single damage magic.

The first aoe initially did 1.0x damage to all enemies and was nerfed to 0.5. All magic got hit like that, it used to be OP. I think you'd at least have to wait until the final aoe spell now. The 0.5 damage modifier is far too weak unless your gobs are already broken stat wise, then you don't need it anyways. Gotta be careful of some of the early strats mentioning magic anyways for that reason.

Something I'm unsure of now is that it used to be the belief that feeding gobs could pass on some of those stats to their offspring. Not all the bonuses obviously, but that it would help boost their stats. Recently I've seen some people say that the food given to gobs isn't passed on in any way. I'm considering testing that next run.

I'm also not sure if breeding with a certain goblin improves the chance that you'll get that kind again. Breed with a Shaman for a higher chance of Shaman offsprings for example.

If I could cement those two things, things would be much more consistent. I'm pretty confident in the latter one because I almost always end up with way more Ogres/Shamans than Paladins/Chiefs and I usually try to breed with Shamans/Ogres, but who knows. Both of those things are kinda of obnoxious to test since the gobs don't show who their parents are.

I think the below tooltip used to be translated and I think it said something about the food that led people to believe some of the food stats were passed on, but it could have been a mistranslation. Hmm, can't upload the image normally hold on.

Yeah, Yandex seems to be saying some of the food effect is passed down still. Glad I've been doing that all this time, unless it's a mistranslation. Though just the shear amount of text there is kinda proof it's a more complex mechanic than just a raw stat boost to the goblin that isn't passed down.
The burrow I've been using for testing still had a GEN50 Shaman doing all its defense and a GEN54 carrying the offense teams as well on max difficulty. It still works really well.

I took a look at the game files. It looks like food gains do inherit. The relevant functions are function useItem() in 食糧庫関数.ks. Two sets of parameters for each Goblin are modified by using an item, .var and .varInh[0]. The second one is relevant when you then go to the function MakeNewGoblin() in 肉床関数.ks.

That function is an absolute mess but it does, very conclusively, use the .varInh from the goblin parent and there are comments on each line of code relating to it. First it will get the parent's item use stats. It then initialises the baby goblin's item use stats as 0s. The baby's .varInh then gets modified with the parent's. This is stored separately from the attribute gains you receive from the female parent.

There is also the answer to your question about species selection.
var rd = intrandom(0, 299);
var totalProb = 0;
var gobi;
for(gobi = 0;gobi <= UNT_GBL_ROAD - UNT_GBL_NORMAL;gobi++){
totalProb += tf.birthGoblinType[f.game.goblin[parentGoblinNo].unitID][gobi];
if(totalProb > rd){
break;
}
}
goblinData.unitID = gobi + UNT_GBL_NORMAL;
goblinData.name = tf.unitData[goblinData.unitID].name;

It's a bit of a mess to understand, but there is a table of variables in データ.ks called tf.birthGoblinType.

tf.birthGoblinType = [];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_NORMAL] = [275, 10, 5, 4, 3, 3];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_HOB] = [268, 20, 5, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_SHERMAN] = [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_CHAMPION] = [251, 15, 10, 20, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_PALADIN] = [253, 15, 10, 5, 15, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_ROAD] = [257, 15, 10, 5, 3, 10];

To make that human readable, each goblin species is determined by a random number between 0 and 299. Depending on the parent's type, it uses one of those arrays to set a target value and increments. The way it increments is a value, 'gobi' that starts at 0. Lists in this programming language have positions, starting at 0. So, if the parent is a shaman, it will use that type's list [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2] and check if the random number is small than the 0 position's value, in this case 258. If that's true, it exits, and the value gobi is set to 0. To determine the species of goblin, it adds the value of gobi (in this case 0), to the position value of a normal goblin (also 0), to get 0, which is the initial position on the unit list, a normal goblin.

If the random number is larger than 258, gobi will be incremented to 1. totalProb has been retained from the last round, so is 258, and now we add the 1 position's value, 15, to that. If 273 is larger than the random number, gobi is set to 1, adding to 0, and you get a hobgoblin. And so on.

By looking at those values, breeding is quite complicated. Champions get the best chance of a non-normal goblin, but a worse chance of paladins and chiefs than a normal goblin (by 2 and 1 in 300).

Also makes me realise that the seedbed's value I thought determined that is entirely unrelated in the end.

Turns out mating was way more complicated than my initial investigation. For determining broodsize, the game uses this function:

var num = intrandom(tf.charaData[heroineID].seedling - tf.charaData[heroineID].seedlingWidth, tf.charaData[heroineID].seedling + tf.charaData[heroineID].seedlingWidth);
for(var i = 0;i < num;i++){
makeNewGoblin(heroineID, goblinNo);

So the GoblinBurrowValues.pdf is only half correct.

To make that human readable, let's use Anvil as an example. In データ.ks you can find her breeding values, "seedling"=>6*2, "seedlingWidth"=>1,. So her seedling value is 12. To determine her brood size, the game takes her seedling value, 12, minus her width value, 1 to determine the minimum brood size, 11, and plus her width value, so 13. The final value will be one of those three, and will make that many new goblins. I'll update the sheet, though I guess it's a bit late for release.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The burrow I've been using for testing still had a GEN50 Shaman doing all its defense and a GEN54 carrying the offense teams as well on max difficulty. It still works really well.

I took a look at the game files. It looks like food gains do inherit. The relevant functions are function useItem() in 食糧庫関数.ks. Two sets of parameters for each Goblin are modified by using an item, .var and .varInh[0]. The second one is relevant when you then go to the function MakeNewGoblin() in 肉床関数.ks.

That function is an absolute mess but it does, very conclusively, use the .varInh from the goblin parent and there are comments on each line of code relating to it. First it will get the parent's item use stats. It then initialises the baby goblin's item use stats as 0s. The baby's .varInh then gets modified with the parent's. This is stored separately from the attribute gains you receive from the female parent.

There is also the answer to your question about species selection.
var rd = intrandom(0, 299);
var totalProb = 0;
var gobi;
for(gobi = 0;gobi <= UNT_GBL_ROAD - UNT_GBL_NORMAL;gobi++){
totalProb += tf.birthGoblinType[f.game.goblin[parentGoblinNo].unitID][gobi];
if(totalProb > rd){
break;
}
}
goblinData.unitID = gobi + UNT_GBL_NORMAL;
goblinData.name = tf.unitData[goblinData.unitID].name;

It's a bit of a mess to understand, but there is a table of variables in データ.ks called tf.birthGoblinType.

tf.birthGoblinType = [];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_NORMAL] = [275, 10, 5, 4, 3, 3];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_HOB] = [268, 20, 5, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_SHERMAN] = [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_CHAMPION] = [251, 15, 10, 20, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_PALADIN] = [253, 15, 10, 5, 15, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_ROAD] = [257, 15, 10, 5, 3, 10];

To make that human readable, each goblin species is determined by a random number between 0 and 299. Depending on the parent's type, it uses one of those arrays to set a target value and increments. The way it increments is a value, 'gobi' that starts at 0. Lists in this programming language have positions, starting at 0. So, if the parent is a shaman, it will use that type's list [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2] and check if the random number is small than the 0 position's value, in this case 258. If that's true, it exits, and the value gobi is set to 0. To determine the species of goblin, it adds the value of gobi (in this case 0), to the position value of a normal goblin (also 0), to get 0, which is the initial position on the unit list, a normal goblin.

If the random number is larger than 258, gobi will be incremented to 1. totalProb has been retained from the last round, so is 258, and now we add the 1 position's value, 15, to that. If 273 is larger than the random number, gobi is set to 1, adding to 0, and you get a hobgoblin. And so on.

By looking at those values, breeding is quite complicated. Champions get the best chance of a non-normal goblin, but a worse chance of paladins and chiefs than a normal goblin (by 2 and 1 in 300).

Also makes me realise that the seedbed's value I thought determined that is entirely unrelated in the end.
Thanks for checking all that out. Holy shit that breeding mechanic is way more complicated than I thought it'd be. It almost seems overkill.

Reactions: MuninKai

zubitex

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for checking all that out. Holy shit that breeding mechanic is way more complicated than I thought it'd be. It almost seems overkill.
Forgive me since i didnt read the whole conversation, but i feel sorry for you. Its seems you lacked quality sex education. Don't worry, its always kinda disapointing the first time.

epicrouter01

Aug 27, 2020
Question:

I've tried playing this game a number of times without killing any girls, but i always get overwhelmed around turn 65ish by the raids, which overpower the creatures i have bred.

The walkthrough seems to indicate that you *have* to murder the girls in order to breed the strongest creatures for some reason... Is this the case, or is there a way to beat the game without killing the girls?

The game seems great, but killing the breeding slaves is just something i can't or won't do, if that's a requirement.
Chill, you don't need to kill anyone. Just restart failed runs with new game+ a few times. The game does pretty bad job on scaling the difficulty and matching it up with your burrow's power. After 3-4 NG+ runs you will instakill everything with any squad you want, and you will have enough Human Meat (drops randomly from some encounters) for instantly lewding the grills for any ending

Reactions: GEORGEM

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Does anybody know how to get last two DLC's endings? Lewding the new girls didn't do the trick for me
That should work. You need to lewd both of the girls from the respective DLC, so Paige+Luna, Kaylee+Sabrina. That is the only condition for getting that ending.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is the game supposed to have no audio? Seems a bit odd.
No, definitely has some scenes with audio. Are you running it in Japanese localisation?

Unrelated to Midas, but I update the with some of the new findings from today, including turning the relatively bizarre and incoherent formula for how goblin species is decided into a handy little % based table.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Anybody have a proper updated guide? The current one is so broken since the DLC it seems. First of all the Gen 3 goblins are born days later than in this guide. The woods never appear for Sophie at all. This guide is about useless that is up there now.

Not only that the guide says to kill Illari and Sophie. First of all why would you kill a seed bed and second how I see no kill command.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Can you hide the text window?
Not to my knowledge.

As to an updated guide, not yet. It should give you a general idea though. The name of the stage is probably different from the translation the guide used. Sophie appears in the Meadow stage. The stage every girl appears on is displayed in a popup after their story. There should also be no change in goblin breeding time, make sure you are sorting by Generation and breeding goblins that are of the highest generation.

As to killing, when a seedbed's sanity reaches 0 they die. That can happen either from being bred too many times without being fed anything, or once you have done a few defense battles your kitchen will have a supply of Man Meat, which when fed to a seedbed reduces their Sanity. The upside of killing a seedbed is that they drop an item which powerfully boosts the stats of a baby goblin they're fed to. You also don't need all 24 seedbeds.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Does anyone know the requirements for the other endings ?
There is an option when you end a game to see hints. All the ending hints are contained there. I think they're in the gallery too. Yep, all the hints are in the short Japanese menu at the bottom. The ending hints are translated at least.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vango.Bango

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
So, the Elf units and Dark Elf units are called Phoenix Guard and Dark Shard.
Whoever made this game definitely had Warhammer Fantasy influence, just saying. Also, some soundtracks remind me of Medieval 2 Total War (most notably the main menu screen chanting)

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes