Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Were the UI buttons still untranslated after the patch? I tried to catch all of those but might have missed a couple.
Well... Mind you I went in knowing almost 0 about this.

So, as I said, trying with the v210414 version and not the one from the OP, it quickly became apparent to me that I need to extract the data.xp3 to be able to apply the patch. Long story short (krkrextract, crass, kikiriki - all new to me, being in non-jap locale, game's .exe containing JP charas (for example krkrextract couldn't handle this fact on my non-JP localed computer, at least not the latest stable (funniliy, the old v1.3.1 when run with LE... COULD! lol; I ended up changing the exe to... 'Game.exe' (I know; original! xD)), yada-yada blabla. Seemingly extracts fine, but as soon as data.xp3 is out of the picture (so it should fall back onto the 'data' folder), the game just won't start. No error, no nothing, So...

Couldn't test, essentially.
I'm guessing I'd need the patch*.xp3s extracted into the data folder as well, but honestly it's way beyond me at this point, and I don't have that much free HDD space to tinker, really... lol

Maybe I will try making yours into patch_7.xp3, and see what happens then?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Well... Mind you I went in knowing almost 0 about this.

So, as I said, trying with the v210414 version and not the one from the OP, it quickly became apparent to me that I need to extract the data.xp3 to be able to apply the patch. Long story short (krkrextract, crass, kikiriki - all new to me, being in non-jap locale, game's .exe containing JP charas (for example krkrextract couldn't handle this fact on my non-JP localed computer, at least not the latest stable (funniliy, the old v1.3.1 when run with LE... COULD! lol; I ended up changing the exe to... 'Game.exe' (I know; original! xD)), yada-yada blabla. Seemingly extracts fine, but as soon as data.xp3 is out of the picture (so it should fall back onto the 'data' folder), the game just won't start. No error, no nothing, So...

Couldn't test, essentially.
I'm guessing I'd need the patch*.xp3s extracted into the data folder as well, but honestly it's way beyond me at this point, and I don't have that much free HDD space to tinker, really... lol

Maybe I will try making yours into patch_7.xp3, and see what happens then?
Yeah, my bugfixes only work with the unpacked version from the OP.

If you pack it into a patch_7.xp3 it will probably work. The engine is pretty flexible and loads overlapping files sequentially. It's probably easier to just download the unpacked game from the OP even if you bought it.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah, my bugfixes only work with the unpacked version from the OP.

If you pack it into a patch_7.xp3 it will probably work. The engine is pretty flexible and loads overlapping files sequentially. It's probably easier to just download the unpacked game from the OP even if you bought it.
Thanks for the info. In hindsight...that defo would've been the better decision on my part. lol

I managed to work it out somehow (wasn't easy for me unfortunately, but there you have it).
(Just as I suspected, one) cannot (re)pack anything with non-unicode in their filenames (which some of the files from your patch have) in non-JP actual system locale, so had to bite the bullet and switch to JP locale (ouch). Then there was the matter of me trying to preserve the file structure (system2 and scenario) of the patch... which as it turned out, was a bad move. xD
Anyhoo, a good couple of tries later I think I got it right; at least that Anvil scene in the prologue finishes correctly in English now, too - so I think the patch is applied correctly.

Which UI buttons are we talking about? These are still in Japanese for me (maybe these are not the ones you were talking about, though...):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's because this is the DLsite current(ish) version, and not the worked upon fanTLed one from the OP. And the devs are "still working on it", I guess - as you yourself had said earlier.

What UI buttons was yours supposed to fix (for the one in the OP), btw?

Also, lemme just say it's quite chaotic how they have different versionups for the basegame and the 6 DLCs - can't really figure things out from DLsite, really... I think e.g. the 210407 update of the language addon *should've fixed* the Anvil scene bug (at least it says that that update fixed errors in the en scripts) but alas... Also, the added v210414 update info for 4 of the other DLCs, which I think only is the language-addon's v210414 fixes... We are still probs pretty far away from a definite ENG version, that's for sure...

(Very tangential) side question: how would I go about creating an all-containing 'data' folder from a 'data.xp3' and the six 'patch_*.xp3' files? I mean I can extract them now, sure, but I guess I need to get the files from the separate patch folders (sequentially, and overwrite when needed) to the new data folder; but those patch folders have no folder structures... I mean, hunting down where each and every one of those files' counterparts inside them are in the 'data' folder... Sounds like a real pain...
======
EDIT: ahh, I see, for example you fixed up the Gallery menu to be fully in English and look better
EDIT2: and actually, your patch makes the voices play on my end... *thumbsup*

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for the info. In hindsight...that defo would've been the better decision on my part. lol

I managed to work it out somehow (wasn't easy for me unfortunately, but there you have it).
(Just as I suspected, one) cannot (re)pack anything with non-unicode in their filenames (which some of the files from your patch have) in non-JP actual system locale, so had to bite the bullet and switch to JP locale (ouch). Then there was the matter of me trying to preserve the file structure (system2 and scenario) of the patch... which as it turned out, was a bad move. xD
Anyhoo, a good couple of tries later I think I got it right; at least that Anvil scene in the prologue finishes correctly in English now, too - so I think the patch is applied correctly.

Which UI buttons are we talking about? These are still in Japanese for me (maybe these are not the ones you were talking about, though...):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's because this is the DLsite current(ish) version, and not the worked upon fanTLed one from the OP. And the devs are "still working on it", I guess - as you yourself had said earlier.

What UI buttons was yours supposed to fix (for the one in the OP), btw?

Also, lemme just say it's quite chaotic how they have different versionups for the basegame and the 6 DLCs - can't really figure things out from DLsite, really... I think e.g. the 210407 update of the language addon *should've fixed* the Anvil scene bug (at least it says that that update fixed errors in the en scripts) but alas... Also, the added v210414 update info for 4 of the other DLCs, which I think only is the language-addon's v210414 fixes... We are still probs pretty far away from a definite ENG version, that's for sure...

(Very tangential) side question: how would I go about creating an all-containing 'data' folder from a 'data.xp3' and the six 'patch_*.xp3' files? I mean I can extract them now, sure, but I guess I need to get the files from the separate patch folders (sequentially, and overwrite when needed) to the new data folder; but those patch folders have no folder structures... I mean, hunting down where each and every one of those files' counterparts inside them are in the 'data' folder... Sounds like a real pain...
======
EDIT: ahh, I see, for example you fixed up the Gallery menu to be fully in English and look better
EDIT2: and actually, your patch makes the voices play on my end... *thumbsup*
I gave up on trying to do a repack for this game, it's a struggle. So not much help for you there.

And those buttons should be fixed in my patch. That particular fix is in one of the UTF-8 files though, so maybe your fix was only partial. I changed them in the base game files for my patch, so they should be ENG even if you were playing on a different language setting.

Yeah, DLSite is not the best for handling a game model like this I think.

I actually don't know if that is possible, but it should be? I have only played around with KiriKiri repacker a little bit when I was doing a test run of feasibility for Virgin Lode 2. Though lol, yes, sorting the messy DLC into the unpack is honestly the most work I did for the DLC 6 release so far. One of the perks of working on the translation as much as I did was getting a good grasp on what files go where and I can do it fairly quickly.

The voices will work on any girl that uses the fan translation/MTL. The official translation shouldn't work. But, if you are running on JPN language mode you should be using all fan translation/MTL, so all have voice.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Wow, I'm a little bit (even) more confused now, but what the hell, thing works, so that's all that matters... xD

The base game and DLC versions of the one in the OP and the one on my end differ vastly, so there isn't really that much room for comparison (and those in the OP are probably heavily fanTL-edited as well, I guess). It's weird e.g. how if you turn the language in the one in the OP to Japanese, it still displays the English text...lol

Anyhoo, your (.xp3-ised) patch makes the vanilla DLsite version work in English (the girls voices won't work without it, in ENG mode) and not crash in the Anvil scene.
Also, as I mentioned, I switched to Japanese locale, so UTF-8 shouldn't matter anymore (actually needed to switch to JP locale so I could create the patch_7.xp3 from your files, because otherwise the packers would throw errors bc "wtf kind of non-unicode chars are these in the filenames?!?! help!!").

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Wow, I'm a little bit (even) more confused now, but what the hell, thing works, so that's all that matters... xD

The base game and DLC versions of the one in the OP and the one on my end differ vastly, so there isn't really that much room for comparison (and those in the OP are probably heavily fanTL-edited as well, I guess). It's weird e.g. how if you turn the language in the one in the OP to Japanese, it still displays the English text...lol

Anyhoo, your (.xp3-ised) patch makes the vanilla DLsite version work in English (the girls voices won't work without it, in ENG mode) and not crash in the Anvil scene.
Also, as I mentioned, I switched to Japanese locale, so UTF-8 shouldn't matter anymore (actually needed to switch to JP locale so I could create the patch_7.xp3 from your files, because otherwise the packers would throw errors bc "wtf kind of non-unicode chars are these in the filenames?!?! help!!").
Yeah, KiriKiri is a mess.

For the one in OP, the English text in JPN is something I left in as a kind of 'play official ENG vs play FanTL ENG'.

Macoubex

May 26, 2018
Hi everyone ! :giggle:

I just started the game, but it seems that I'm having a little a bug.
Does someone know what to do about it ? :unsure:

Thank you in advance ! :) Capture.PNG

Some Guy 9001

Jul 6, 2018
So, got this and played it, must admit disappointment with how it cuts to black for the birthing scenes. I'm an absolute degenerate who's actually into seeing girls give birth (ideally they're enjoying it however). Still seems decent though.

Reactions: Tessarakonteres

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I applied the translations for the game that were provided here, but there are def some characters (like the guard woman) who you can tell are machine translated instead. Is there any plans to fix the other translations at some point?

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Sorry, one other thing, but I'm completely confused on how the trait/stat inheritance/improvement from breeding works. Anyone able to explain?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I applied the translations for the game that were provided here, but there are def some characters (like the guard woman) who you can tell are machine translated instead. Is there any plans to fix the other translations at some point?
Not currently, but if anyone would like to. Editing and cleaning up the MTL takes about 5-8 hours per girl depending on how fast/sloppy you are. It was originally a backburner project for me, but the devs are planning on translating all the girls eventually, and their timeline is probably faster than mine so I just shelved it.

The guard is 05_Erda.

Sorry, one other thing, but I'm completely confused on how the trait/stat inheritance/improvement from breeding works. Anyone able to explain?
It's pretty simple. Each girl has a stat beside her name in the breeding window. If you breed her, all goblins born from her will have +1 to that stat. If you breed one of those offspring with her again, the second generation would have +2 and so on. Over time, the base stats of all your goblins will increase as long as you are breeding from the most recent generation. You can also increase an individual goblins' stats by feeding them food as babies. For every 10 stat boosts they get from food, they will pass on 1 to their offspring. You can also 'Train' your goblins to increase stats. When you train half your goblins will die. The number of goblins killed divided by 100 will be how much of that stat you gain.

Reactions: Mr. Coatl

Fatso999

Jul 14, 2019
So, got this and played it, must admit disappointment with how it cuts to black for the birthing scenes. I'm an absolute degenerate who's actually into seeing girls give birth (ideally they're enjoying it however). Still seems decent though.
I'm in the same boat, skipping the birth seems odd given they have basically everything else in there

Reactions: Kyoka

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Not currently, but I've provided all of the translation files in an easy to edit format here if anyone would like to. Editing and cleaning up the MTL takes about 5-8 hours per girl depending on how fast/sloppy you are. It was originally a backburner project for me, but the devs are planning on translating all the girls eventually, and their timeline is probably faster than mine so I just shelved it.

The guard is 05_Erda.

It's pretty simple. Each girl has a stat beside her name in the breeding window. If you breed her, all goblins born from her will have +1 to that stat. If you breed one of those offspring with her again, the second generation would have +2 and so on. Over time, the base stats of all your goblins will increase as long as you are breeding from the most recent generation. You can also increase an individual goblins' stats by feeding them food as babies. For every 10 stat boosts they get from food, they will pass on 1 to their offspring. You can also 'Train' your goblins to increase stats. When you train half your goblins will die. The number of goblins killed divided by 100 will be how much of that stat you gain.

Ah, well thanks for all of your help to the community! One thing that still confuses me then is how you deal with that when you have multiple people breeding at a time? Like for example, if I bred one goblin with someone who gives +attack and one goblin with someone who gives +defense, I imagine both would be the same generation since they are bred the same time right? If so, from those one group will have +attack and one will have +defense, but neither will have both +attack and + defense, so one of those will be wasted when you pick the next one to breed, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, when it comes to combat, do the stats of all the guys following the leader add together? Is there a point to raising the defense of goblins or does only the defense of the leader apply to how many die?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Ah, well thanks for all of your help to the community! One thing that still confuses me then is how you deal with that when you have multiple people breeding at a time? Like for example, if I bred one goblin with someone who gives +attack and one goblin with someone who gives +defense, I imagine both would be the same generation since they are bred the same time right? If so, from those one group will have +attack and one will have +defense, but neither will have both +attack and + defense, so one of those will be wasted when you pick the next one to breed, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, when it comes to combat, do the stats of all the guys following the leader add together? Is there a point to raising the defense of goblins or does only the defense of the leader apply to how many die?
You are correct re: breeding. If you are Min-Maxing your lineage, you should only be breeding one type of seedbed at a time, and waiting for their offspring to be born before breeding again. Min-maxing like that is also the only time where it would make sense to use feeding to boost your lineage, and it helps to offset some of the slower growth. That being said, you don't strictly need to min-max to be successful, and often times what you need is just more goblins, not necessarily better goblins; not to mention that to get the various endings you will likely also need to be breeding just to grind down sanity.

For combat it's a little more complex. The DEF of your leader actually doesn't matter until all the pack units are dead, since all damage is done to the pack units before any is done to the leader. High DEF on pack units will, however, help keep them alive. The game doesn't handle each pack unit individually, it handles them as a pack with stats that are the average of all the goblins in the pack. Higher average DEF in your pack means fewer die when you are attacked, though the game does include that if you really overdo it and have invincible goblins at least 1-3 will die every time they are attacked regardless of stats. Improving DEF to keep leader units alive if things go south is also worthwhile. I couldn't find the function to decide which goblins die, I assume the weakest. This is also why command is not really worth improving, since it doesn't actually improve the stats of your pack (it could actually reduce them, since it will bring more low-tier goblins with you).

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes