BoobaFoot

Mar 24, 2022
Hi guys

Playing latest v0.53.
Only one not unlocked here is this one. Anyone know if its just not implemeanted yet or have I missed something?

Cheers
1717574300093.png

Reactions: Veloso

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
i dont seem to be able to get out of the journal without having to restart the game/start the game at a chapter
Same issue for me, but it seems to be one of those bugs that only happens to some folks.
I reported it to the devs Discord yesterday.

If you need to check the quest journal, the workaround is:
Save beforehand, check the journal for whatever clue you need, then load the save.

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
Fresh game 0.53
I'm stuck in Norftown. I rescued both the Goblin footie player and the Noble's daughter; I had the conversation where she cut off her hair, and now anytime I try to leave I keep getting the message that "I still have business in town"
I went to the temple to heal and when I came back I fought the goblins and immediately the game freeze. I can only close it because the keyboard doesn't even work

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Fresh game 0.53
I'm stuck in Norftown. I rescued both the Goblin footie player and the Noble's daughter; I had the conversation where she cut off her hair, and now anytime I try to leave I keep getting the message that "I still have business in town"
I went to the temple to heal and when I came back I fought the goblins and immediately the game freeze. I can only close it because the keyboard doesn't even work
Can you post your save? More than one person has reported this, but everytime I test it, it works...

Which order did you do things in? Footie or Noble first?

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
hmmm. Parodos did a reboot for 0.53 last night: the Quest Journal issue is known, ok, it's stuck with that opening screen on exit.
for me, opening the Offspring journal, and closing it, shows the same opening screen for a monent, too. then after like 1-3 seconds it loads the current map.
i'm not very far in the new playthrough yet, it happens no matter how many girls are in that journal, even when it's still empty. hope that helps finding the culprit.

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
Can you post your save? More than one person has reported this, but everytime I test it, it works...

Which order did you do things in? Footie or Noble first?
Sorry for the delay. I can't send you a save because the game crashes and I have to use ctrl del to close the game.
Anyway, yes, I saved the footballer first and then the noblewoman. Then I went to the priest to be treated. After leaving the temple I fought the goblins.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Sorry for the delay. I can't send you a save because the game crashes and I have to use ctrl del to close the game.
Anyway, yes, I saved the footballer first and then the noblewoman. Then I went to the priest to be treated. After leaving the temple I fought the goblins.
in the saves folder, the first 3 saves are the Autosave (even if they aren't called that as savename), there's a chance that one of them contains the exact situation from entering the map before the game crashes. maybe it's in one of those. that's the closest i could imagine before the game freeze, likely when leaving the temple. if those aren't close, you could try to save in the temple, or before the fight.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
When you say fought the goblins, do you mean in town or in the fort?
You could try to zip up your whole save folder and I'll try looking at it from my end

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
hmmm. Parodos did a reboot for 0.53 last night: the Quest Journal issue is known, ok, it's stuck with that opening screen on exit.
for me, opening the Offspring journal, and closing it, shows the same opening screen for a monent, too. then after like 1-3 seconds it loads the current map.
i'm not very far in the new playthrough yet, it happens no matter how many girls are in that journal, even when it's still empty. hope that helps finding the culprit.
I think this is fixed in 0.54, cause I can't replicate the issue in the latest version.
I was making some adjustments to the Journal, probably accidentally messed up some trigger.

Attached is the 'system'-stuff datafiles from 0.54. Maybe it will fix it.
The game will prob give an error about a missing title image, but you should be able copy and rename a file in the same folder to the missing file.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I think this is fixed in 0.54, cause I can't replicate the issue in the latest version.
I was making some adjustments to the Journal, probably accidentally messed up some trigger.

Attached is the 'system'-stuff datafiles from 0.54. Maybe it will fix it.
The game will prob give an error about a missing title image, but you should be able copy and rename a file in the same folder to the missing file.
aight i'll try that with another 'clean slate' approach. had to wipe again to rule out some other old bug could be a leftover from 0.52.. forgot to wipe the /user/... folder before new start :cautious:

*edit* Update: Parodos as it looks, replacing only the CommonEvents.json with the one from your .zip, without changing anything else, seems to do the trick with both quest log and offspring notebook. haven't played through yet, but at least the 'closing book limbo' is gone and no missing file complaints right now.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 66 Votes