EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
top.jpg

Overview:
Story driven harem TRPG with light empire management elements about a man, who recently became a lord and gets plunged into intrigue and wars of the higher society. Recruit new members to your council, acquire new units and characters​

Thread Updated: 2024-04-26
Release Date: 2024-04-26
Developer: SolidDoc -
Censored: No
Version: 0.17
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -

screenshot1.jpg screenshot24.jpg screenshot2.jpg screenshot4.jpg screenshot3.jpg screenshot6.jpg screenshot7.jpg screenshot5.jpg screenshot25.jpg screenshot23.jpg screenshot21.jpg screenshot8.jpg screenshot9.jpg screenshot10.jpg screenshot11.jpg screenshot12.jpg screenshot13.jpg screenshot14.jpg screenshot15.jpg screenshot16.jpg screenshot17.jpg screenshot18.jpg screenshot20.jpg screenshot19.jpg screenshot22.jpg

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
SolidDoc Congratulations on your first release! Good luck!
Don't edit your thread before you have at least 3 comments, or it will be hidden.

Please get a Developers badge by opening a ticket:

Last edited:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
while I don't mind turn based combat in games, yours honestly looks more confusing then it should be. I'd consider making it a bit easier to use otherwise people won't be really excited to play the game

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
while I don't mind turn based combat in games, yours honestly looks more confusing then it should be. I'd consider making it a bit easier to use otherwise people won't be really excited to play the game
Would you mind sharing what parts are confusing to you? It's easy to get lost in the comfort of knowing how it all works after a year of working on it. A fresh perspective would really help. This whole early release is a part of this process, i wanted to make a longer prologue but the longer i wait, the more problems i will accrue
So far the changes to the combat system that are on my mind, is to make the movement available as soon as you select a unit, instead of clicking on it again or selecting the options
Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Jamestown77

Jun 26, 2018
I would potentially make it so that the combat is click based if possible and you can not end your turn by clicking on the character twice. I would also say that the turn based element does not work as well in renpy as it does something like RPGM or a similar build. I say that as someone who prefers renpy. If you would like to do a turn based system using the renpy dialogue option system might be a better. As it stands it just feels like moving really odd looking chess pieces and the lack of music makes it almost feel like chess. Saving and using the map selection screen also feels odd.

Overall it feels like an RPG maker game was ported into Renpy. I might also add that reducing the number of enemies and focusing on the enemies being unique and interesting might be the way to go if you want to use Renpy. Maybe make the enemies the focus of the sex scences and or make just fighting the enemies as a whole more flashy with different mechanics.

• Thinking Face

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Would you mind sharing what parts are confusing to you? It's easy to get lost in the comfort of knowing how it all works after a year of working on it. A fresh perspective would really help. This whole early release is a part of this process, i wanted to make a longer prologue but the longer i wait, the more problems i will accrue
So far the changes to the combat system that are on my mind, is to make the movement available as soon as you select a unit, instead of clicking on it again or selecting the options
Any other suggestions?
honestly it feels more like a chess game than a turn based combat system

• Thinking Face

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Thank you for the feedback
Yeah, the combat is kinda clunky, made it from scratch while learning programming. Lot's of cut corners
It used to have movement but the automatic screen refresh was causing some issues with it, so i scrapped it
ezgif-4-ff9f8528ff.gif
I also wanted to relay the feel of a war game, thus, increasing the count of units. I am thinking of doing bosses, i have some cool mechanics i want to use later on. Didn't want to include most of it in the prologue since i'd rather get the feedback on the basics first and then introduce stuff that i have been fiddling with early on to see the limits
ezgif-2-b054da4dab.gif
I will see what i can do to make it flashier and hopefully more intuitive

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Any other suggestions?
...don't make it easier.....this was good.....
..u did good....
konata-good-job (1).gif

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
...don't make it easier.....this was good.....
..u did good....
I am quite happy with what i have arrived at. The need to move units around, catch up, fall back, feels kind of a small intricate dance. Looking forward to expanding the skills and the addition of mage and cavalry classes
I won't be able to please everyone, that's just a cold fact, but getting some feedback right now won't hurt, whether i chose to act on it, or not, getting a different perspective is important

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes