SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Aight, think i got the chess thing figured out
90% of the time player has to click on attack action, little skill variety, no player choice other than positioning, for the most part
Next update i'm rolling out the unit upgrade system, i am going to try and add some additional skills so the player has more choice
Think that is the main contention point

cufil

Oct 3, 2020
that's BDO ranger ryfina costume isn't it
always want to do something to my ranger with that costume on

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GodAmongKings-0.05
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
The update focuses mostly on the combat improvements, although i was able to add a few scenes since the launch went quite smoothly
I have added movement and basic ability use right as the unit is selected, main logic remains unchanged, and the rest of the abilities work the same way as they used to. This should reduce the amount of unnecessary clicks. I have also added a few changes to the ui, mainly the unit hp and their type icon display, so it's more readable. Also a few changes to reinforcement battles to show the turns until the next reinforcement wave and the turn limit
If you are in for epic battles, then you should wait until chapter 1 release, as the major combat content will be lacking until then

What's next?
Unit upgrade system and adding more / replacing useless abilities to improve the player choice in battles
Few more characters and finishing up the events i have planned for the prologue

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
Unofficial Mac Build — God among Kings [v0.07]

Developer: SolidDoc
Version: 0.07

DOWNLOAD
Mac
:

[note: build partially tested]

• • • • •

enjoy.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight and Lerd0

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I understand the desire and the fact that majority of people who play ren'py games will be put off by this kind of gameplay, but this is what i want to do, developing it brings me joy
I honestly don't think it would stand on it's own as a pure vn, i'm not that good at it, to be frank

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Yeah, the gameplay is heavily inspired by early FE games i used to play and love

Nekirom

Nov 16, 2022
I understand the desire and the fact that majority of people who play ren'py games will be put off by this kind of gameplay, but this is what i want to do, developing it brings me joy
I honestly don't think it would stand on it's own as a pure vn, i'm not that good at it, to be frank
For me it is always a bit strange to use RenPy for this kind of games, because it is clearly not well optimized for that. Yes, you can basically do anything with Python, but Renpy remains a bottleneck with often poor performance. Unity for example seems to be a better choice for me (the recent problems with Unity aside, but there are other alternatives).

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
For me it is always a bit strange to use RenPy for this kind of games, because it is clearly not well optimized for that. Yes, you can basically do anything with Python, but Renpy remains a bottleneck with often poor performance. Unity for example seems to be a better choice for me (the recent problems with Unity aside, but there are other alternatives).
I used to work in Unity as a part of a team before. Here i am a single backend dev, with zero understanding of frontend, so renpy provided me an outlet. There are certainly some issues with it, but it would be much more painful for me to work with unity or godot scene frontend

Reactions: Warlock and Lerd0

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
surprisingly good tho atm I thing the turn based combat hurts it rather than helps. Also the turn limit on bandit attacks is a bit too short but again the combat at all seems more of a detriment to the game as a whole

Last edited:

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
I like the setting and the overall character design, but the gameplay has been exhausting enough to just stop mid fight at some point in the last version.

gpsywolf

Sep 30, 2019
RPG turn-based combat built on RenPy? That... usually doesnt go very well but i will root for you and check it out later when you smooth stuff out more.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes