DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I am enjoying your Lil'Gilgamesh adventures, the fighting system is a lot better than advertised here but the writing and specially the sex scenes need a lot of work but I know you'll make it.

Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Lil'Gilgamesh
Ha, nice catch there
When it comes to combat, i understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially when it comes to ren'py, people expect novels when looking at it, so i kinda put myself in a bad spot myself. And it used to be quite frustrating in previous releases, i must admit. Thankfully i was able to improve it thanks to the feedback
Writing and the scenes are indeed my weakest link right now, it's a first time i doing something of the sort. Well, lot of first time things for me in this project. Going to try my best

Reactions: DBAV

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
SolidDoc
A solid start, I am for the most part fine with the combat after a few battles.

That said outside of just adding difficulty ...
Adding more multi strike/aoe abilities would also work to expedite fights
or passives that allow more actions for example for Heimdal one that allows her to heal and attack maybe just in that order ...
Things like that would work as well

As for the story beats the same solid start but things to improve.
I dont mid that the the first few women are already into the MC ... but I do think it would in such a case giving us a proper feel in to what is their relationship with the MC and why they are into him is important ... we dont need the deatails off the bat ... just to have an understanding into it ... the scene with Raven sneaking into bed with MC stands out in this regard ... as it game a good grasp of their dynamic and a bit of why they are like that ... but more details over time are needed to make it work, as well as finding a way to move their relationship forward in some way, which goes for all of them.

Also having some character that follow MC but are not into him or at least interested in such a relationship at the moment would work to balance those that are ... as well as have the majority of those that join latter not fall quickly.

There were no characters I necessarily thought bad if build on properly ... and multiple have me intrigued to see how they are build upon.

Reactions: Oregon and SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the feedback
I do have quite a deep story in my head for most characters and the lore of the world for at least 4 more chapters. My goal with the characters is to have a variety to them, so we will see tougher ones to crack later on, it just felt fitting to have a roster of reliable ones right off the bat. Feels really bad for me, not being able to express everything i want right away, because there is a lot of work that needs to be done for it
I have a lot of ideas for improving character skills later on, i have been testing cool stuff quite extensively but i wanted a milder start, mostly because i wanted to concept proof the combat before adding complexity to it (and i did get a few good tips on how to improve the basics thanks to that)
Anyways, hope you stick around to see where i end up

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Sad to see so many feeling frustrated with combat. I am contemplating on adding a vn mode, no dev wants to limit their audience after all. Although i am worried what's going to be left out. It's like losing a tool to convey what i want to convey. I am no writer, i suck at visual presentation, being partially visually impaired. I can add an option to skip all the combat encounters, would take me like a day to implement the option, but how am i to express all those things in those encounters? That feeling of Kreios being at the brink of death all the time because he forgot his armor, or the frustration of Heimdal that has to stick around to heal him. I feel like just cutting it would leave you with fragmented disjointed skits instead. If i am to cut the prologue what i am to replace it with? I don't feel like a screen of cold recap would cut it

And the saddest part is that i feel like you guys gave it a fair shot, and it's not clicking together for many of you. The lack of player choice is one major flaw (skills suck, i will be the first to admit i never use 90% of them) which i am currently addressing. It would be very insightful if some of you that feel the combat lacking could hop on the discord and have a discussion with me. It might be just a personal preference that i won't be able to address or maybe i would be able to get a glimpse of some flaw that can be rectified so that everyone might have a better experience
JUST DON´T!
you gotta do what you enjoy,
the rest comes with time!
whiners are loud
but those that enjoy what you do
will fail to show proper suport,
just remember a tree makes no sound
while growing only when falling!
so ignore those who lack the talent to do what you do,
they just want you to do their work for you!
if they had the talent, they wouldn´t be bitching they would be doing it!

it seems the type of game i will enjoy, so probably gona give it a go!

i will reply and rate it later once i do!

in the meantime there are 2 examples of games i had great hope for,
one was love of magic the other was battle for luvia, one suceed greatly
the other one the author lost heart and is currently abandoned!
so ignore the nay sayers, yes take criticism but never to heart
and remember keep going, the rest will fall into place
the best way to finish a project it not planing it, its doing it!
sometimes things will get stale, so make sure you have many diferent shit to occupy yourself
when one gets boring, just do something else!

best of luck!

Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Don't worry, i will continue to work on it as long as i am able to, as hard as i can manage. I have so many ideas i want to try, so many things i want to improve, i am hooked on it
Some may like it, some may not. Some of the complaints are dead on point, some might be just a personal preference. And there are people enjoying it as well, it's not like everyone is hating it, a few comments brightened up my day when i read them, hopefully i did the same with the game for them

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
Bonjjour @SolidDoc

Following a problem with the use of a mod on your game, I contacted the developer of the mod, but the problem would rather come from your side on the code of the game, here is what he told me if it can help you for the development.
Thanks again for your game, I can't wait to play the next update.

I did some digging and it turns out the game breaks Python, that's why you're experiencing this issue.
They assigned something to the "type".

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Following a problem with the use of a mod on your game, I contacted the developer of the mod, but the problem would rather come from your side on the code of the game, here is what he told me if it can help you for the development.
Thanks again for your game, I can't wait to play the next update.
Hey there, i am having difficulties understanding what's happening there, because i have no idea what that mod is supposed to do. If you could hop in my discord and explain the issue to me a bit more i might be able to do something

p.s. i have replaced instances of the reserved variable, so the issue will likely be fixed in the next version (i got so much to do that testing is rough for me) , unless i need to change the attribute fields as well, which will prob break half the game. Wish i knew that the namespace was taken internally by the engine

Last edited:

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
Hey there, i am having difficulties understanding what's happening there, because i have no idea what that mod is supposed to do. If you could hop in my discord and explain the issue to me a bit more i might be able to do something

p.s. i have replaced instances of the reserved variable, so the issue will likely be fixed in the next version (i got so much to do that testing is rough for me) , unless i need to change the attribute fields as well, which will prob break half the game. Wish i knew that the namespace was taken internally by the engine
I especially wanted to point out the problems with the reserve variable,because even though i'm not a developer, I think it's important to know, it's its use that causes the mod to crash, so if you've corrected it, it should be fine.
To explain what the mod does, the easiest way is to visit the mod's page with the link I gave you in my first message, because it does a lot of things, let's say it's a suise knife :p

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I especially wanted to point out the problems with the reserve variable,because even though i'm not a developer, I think it's important to know, it's its use that causes the mod to crash, so if you've corrected it, it should be fine.
To explain what the mod does, the easiest way is to visit the mod's page with the link I gave you in my first message, because it does a lot of things, let's say it's a suise knife :p
I see, thanks for the tip
Taken a closer look at it. I suppose it might have spotted the variable as it's scouring for them actively, it was used as a local cycle iterator and didn't throw an error on it's use and not being saved to the store, so i didn't even know about potential problems. I have replaced it so you will be able to fiddle with the game with the next update, which will hopefully come out next week

Reactions: soadeths

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Been awhile since the last update folks
Been working hard on rewriting some backend systems. AI got complete overhaul, mostly because it was linear in nature before, now i can provide the units with abilities to collect targets and tweak some of the target desirability (archers will try to go for safer tiles, enemies with blocked path will try to move as far as they can, stuff like that) and it is more easily expandable for me in the future
I have rewritten all the stages on the new objective system that can track finished ones, have multiple ones at once. This was mostly to improve the VN mode compatibility, so the player can't break much, but this also allowed me to do some fun things (shh)
Finally some battles added as the chapter 1 starts, if you're more into the vn part of the game, you might consider skipping this update, it only has a couple of events in it
Added some QoL features based on requests, some bug fixes and a lot of backend work
Hope you guys enjoy, the reception has been insane so far!

Reactions: Oregon and soadeths

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I am not sure whether it will work well on android, i have taken a few wild turns when it comes to ren'py stuff during the development

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Hi, got this error at the 2nd turn while defending from bandits
Thanks for reporting this, i have made a fix. If you redownload the googledrive file you will not encounter it again. I am going to update the other links as well shortly
P.S. All the links updated

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregon
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes