SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Sad to see so many feeling frustrated with combat. I am contemplating on adding a vn mode, no dev wants to limit their audience after all. Although i am worried what's going to be left out. It's like losing a tool to convey what i want to convey. I am no writer, i suck at visual presentation, being partially visually impaired. I can add an option to skip all the combat encounters, would take me like a day to implement the option, but how am i to express all those things in those encounters? That feeling of Kreios being at the brink of death all the time because he forgot his armor, or the frustration of Heimdal that has to stick around to heal him. I feel like just cutting it would leave you with fragmented disjointed skits instead. If i am to cut the prologue what i am to replace it with? I don't feel like a screen of cold recap would cut it

And the saddest part is that i feel like you guys gave it a fair shot, and it's not clicking together for many of you. The lack of player choice is one major flaw (skills suck, i will be the first to admit i never use 90% of them) which i am currently addressing. It would be very insightful if some of you that feel the combat lacking could hop on the discord and have a discussion with me. It might be just a personal preference that i won't be able to address or maybe i would be able to get a glimpse of some flaw that can be rectified so that everyone might have a better experience

X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
Sad to see so many feeling frustrated with combat. I am contemplating on adding a vn mode, no dev wants to limit their audience after all. Although i am worried what's going to be left out. It's like losing a tool to convey what i want to convey. I am no writer, i suck at visual presentation, being partially visually impaired. I can add an option to skip all the combat encounters, would take me like a day to implement the option, but how am i to express all those things in those encounters? That feeling of Kreios being at the brink of death all the time because he forgot his armor, or the frustration of Heimdal that has to stick around to heal him. I feel like just cutting it would leave you with fragmented disjointed skits instead. If i am to cut the prologue what i am to replace it with? I don't feel like a screen of cold recap would cut it

And the saddest part is that i feel like you guys gave it a fair shot, and it's not clicking together for many of you. The lack of player choice is one major flaw (skills suck, i will be the first to admit i never use 90% of them) which i am currently addressing. It would be very insightful if some of you that feel the combat lacking could hop on the discord and have a discussion with me. It might be just a personal preference that i won't be able to address or maybe i would be able to get a glimpse of some flaw that can be rectified so that everyone might have a better experience
Totally skipping the war would be an option but maybe add a cheat mode to restore the troops health?
havent played the game yet, waiting for more updates but i do love medieval games and loving the current trend for it. Hopefully your game becomes popular.

Reactions: Abbys_Cat

X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
I feel like that would only prolong the suffering of those that don't enjoy the battles, i am thinking more in line of having obscene amount of attack, so you can just quickly one shot stuff and get over it quickly without missing out on the narrative
so like a difficulty. VN mode for the 1 shot to finish battles faster and the war mode/ normal mode.

Your game def hits my checkboxes so hope to try after 3-6 months

Reactions: Ludvinae

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
The discord link is dead, pls post the new one :D
Which one is not working for you? Both the one in game and the one in the topic seem to work for me
TkTP06E.png
Edit: Ah, i think you might be talking about the link in v0.05, that one was indeed timed out. I have rectified the issue since that

Last edited:

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Several thousands lines of code later, i bring you v0.1
As per usual, content is king, so there are 5 new events in the game
The main focus of the update was on player character actions. I have improved useless actions and added at least 1 useful thing to each characters (including new ones). Might not be much, but that is a start. There were a lot of backend changes to combat, targeting, action modules so i can work on this more in the future
I have also added God mode to the options menu, this will allow those that don't enjoy the combat to breeze through the combat sections (the events are quite scripted so i made several changes to the triggers so the god mode won't brick the stage if a player does something they weren't supposed via normal gameplay, but if anything slipped by, let me know, i will take care of it)
Bunch of simple unit stat upgrades added to smooth out the gameplay and something to look forward to, as well as the ability to continue bandit fights (they are optional besides the first one btw, so you don't have to do them if you don't want to)
Hopefully this will make the game a little more enjoyable to those that liked it, and less frustrating for those that are here for the VN elements
Hope you guys enjoy

p.s. Special thanks to https://f95zone.to/members/auriel-the-autistic-bot.4366331/ for helping me playtest. You guys get the update a day or two earlier because of him

What's next?
Working on chapter 1. The main focus is the enemy variety, adding a few tricks up their sleeve, updating the ai. Going to add a few more custom battle events for the new toys to be used and more story as per usual

Last edited:

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I like the "Rance" type play. The bandit play is repetitive but its a new start. Maybe later you can have the Marshal put the bandits down until we go after the bandit Queen or King? Maybe find out was Lord Fuck wad sent them to harass. Anyways great start look forward to more!

Reactions: SolidDoc

grom76

Jul 3, 2017
@ SolidDoc. This game of yours has a great potential. I like the combat since it adds to character of Game. You have a great story line.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SolidDoc

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
The premise was unique but sex scenes are short and unappealing. Girls are already head over heels over MC. There is no sense of tension or conquest when fucking them. MC feels like a gary stu. 2/10 game.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I like the "Rance" type play. The bandit play is repetitive but its a new start. Maybe later you can have the Marshal put the bandits down until we go after the bandit Queen or King? Maybe find out was Lord Fuck wad sent them to harass. Anyways great start look forward to more!
Thanks, i have indeed drawn inspiration from series like Rance, Eien no Aselia and Fire Emblem when i came up with the game. The bandits for now are mainly optional, a place to get some exp, see the combat changes i have been working on, etc. Although i have plans for them in the future, both when it comes to expanding their roster and narrative
@ SolidDoc. This game of yours has a great potential. I like the combat since it adds to character of Game. You have a great story line.
Thank you for the kind words, means a lot to me
The premise was unique but sex scenes are short and unappealing. Girls are already head over heels over MC. There is no sense of tension or conquest when fucking them. MC feels like a gary stu. 2/10 game.
I agree, i need to work on my writing skills and sex scenes especially. I wanted a lighter start to test out the combat engine i was making, the narrative came about in a couple months. Now that i have improved the combat a little, i can focus more on story, expanding the combat when new events require it
As for the character, i guess it comes to a preference

grom76

Jul 3, 2017
@ SolidDoc I have no idea how feasable it is , if able to be to add option to capture enemies during combat.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
@ SolidDoc I have no idea how feasable it is , if able to be to add option to capture enemies during combat.
I have actually experimented with it. The scene with the assassin in the bath, i tried to make a combat event out of it but it kinda felt meh. One on one is boring in the setup i have, and the idea of capturing kinda felt like it needs to happen at lower hp levels. But sadly the damage output is almost constant, i had to make special actions that were hitting less, but other than that had little use.
I do have plans for hiring more troops types into the roster, all the unit girls (like bandits, wink wink) with hair covering their faces are to be used at a later date. And there are plans for capture but in a different way, but shhh, spoilers

grom76

Jul 3, 2017
I have actually experimented with it. The scene with the assassin in the bath, i tried to make a combat event out of it but it kinda felt meh. One on one is boring in the setup i have, and the idea of capturing kinda felt like it needs to happen at lower hp levels. But sadly the damage output is almost constant, i had to make special actions that were hitting less, but other than that had little use.
I do have plans for hiring more troops types into the roster, all the unit girls (like bandits, wink wink) with hair covering their faces are to be used at a later date. And there are plans for capture but in a different way, but shhh, spoilers

Thank you for your response. I feel like we will need more troops for the next war since we will be fighting 3 houses at same time at least before the weakest house defects to us as she agreed.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Yeah, troop variety is kinda on the low side for now. Especially for the enemy, since player has characters. I am currently expanding the enemy roster, want to add some tricks to them as well, so it's not as bland. There are still unit types that are unused (left for when i figure stuff out) like mages for example. So many things i want to do but only 2 hands

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes