Sep 21, 2019
Great game, the gameplay is nice. But I crash everytime I reach max corruption.
Edit: hopefully the knowledge points still carry over, so I hope I am not missing anything

Also is it me or at every shrine, we just see the curse icon and not the description? opening the book and searching for the right picture is a bit tedious... The book only have the pictures when you click on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Froschkönig27

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Okay, I finally got around to finishing my run, and I have one last maybe-bug to report. I managed to find another rat... And it's still not able to be researched. One of the patch notes seemed to suggest that would be fixed, so maybe that didn't work properly.

Still missing one skill and one curse, so consider those untested. I've gotten flirty, anonymity, and sloth, with no sign of the fourth despite taking the curse on every floor. I'll let you decide if that's abnormal or not.

IMO, Rebound probably shouldn't require a Marked tag skill, as it serves well enough as a "gateway skill" on its own, and is less useful if the enemies are already getting marked every time you attack them.

One last typo: Dodging the hole mentions it being "to unstable".

That doesn't sound like a thing she would say about her self.
She said something about how she didn't have enough of the squishy tissue for someone to leave an impression, or something along those lines. I took that to mean "My brain doesn't work well, so I forget things."

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
She said something about how she didn't have enough of the squishy tissue for someone to leave an impression, or something along those lines. I took that to mean "My brain doesn't work well, so I forget things."
Surprised that, given this website, you read that and didn't immediately assume boobs.

Sep 21, 2019
Edit: hopefully the knowledge points still carry over, so I hope I am not missing anything

Also is it me or at every shrine, we just see the curse icon and not the description? opening the book and searching for the right picture is a bit tedious... The book only have the pictures when you click on it.
Ok I have finished the game a few times but I doubt I have unlocked everything (actually no idea, there's no information on missing skills, curses, monsters). The first run is rough: because I did not understand much of what is going on. My fault maybe for reading in diagonal the walls of texts. However the potential of this game is so fucking high compared to what I saw on others.

Some stuff that can be improved on an already fantastic alpha:
- the introduction to the gameplay can be a bit smoother: there's like many walls of text from the start. The introduction of corruption waves after a while for example was a better way to introduce mechanics. Let them sink in little by little and then use new game+ points to skip the beginning.
- it would be nice to have description of status effects: like the first time I saw an immune to shaken, wtf is shaken?
- the skills and desire prerequisite stuff are hard to get into. A tree is obviously not possible, but a simple click on a stat that gives information to related skills (if researched), and clicking on skills that show future (known researched) skills would be nice. For example, clicking on a curse would show the (researched) information: also prerequisite to x skill, disable y skill. But honestly looking at the amount of content, this is probably a massive work if not systemized (I suspect every description is currently handwritten). Right now the game is not hard enough to justify planning a lot, but before making decision making more important, information access needs to be better (let me be clear I am already impressed atm for an alpha).
- One idea on monster description, is a button to directly go to the wiki page to see which scenes you have unlocked or not. Help people encourage playing around.
- I didn't use autoplay for my first two runs, but it is the best feature when you have a repetitive pattern to try to unlock stuff rather than going deep, especially since unlockables require you to lose encounters on purpose (thus making your characters weaker on purpose). One of the options that would be nice for autoplay, is to stop when a character loses the well-rested status (or gain it). Or enable a "go rest when losing well-rested".
- I did not pay attention to the third page of new game+ options, only discovered them by accident. maybe put everything in a single page with categories, or make a tab system instead of turning pages: it's more intuitive this way.
- Where do you see favorability?

Kudos for the following:
- the small wiki that can be accessible anytime (even if it is not perfect, I had to go back to it to understand what the fuck is going on, and found plenty there!)
- the small monster/trap/scenes wiki that updates as we progress.
- the fact that there is an option to play every scene that you have not seen yet and skip the rest.
- the huge amount of content for an alpha (gameplay wise)

Some ideas maybe:
- disposable weaker recruitable non-story NPC (no gameover when they die). whether there's lewd options involving with them or not is not important, but mostly having this kind of bonus can also help in balancing harder difficulties.
- some unlockables on higher difficulties only (for example need X points of difficulty options). Help people trying to get strong rather than get weak, and also help balancing by introducing the game on a lower difficulty on purpose.
- maybe like slay the spire, a possibility to share deterministic seeds? The community is probably to small to make it worth it, but it can help with rerolling abuses for higher difficulties and also debugging to reproduce behaviours.
- understanding character progress on the current run: we can see on the wiki how to unlock events the first time, but once it is unlocked on the wiki, we have no way of knowing if we did it or not for the current run. Especially since those events allow easier manipulating and help gaining favors, and might be story related for some too.
- maybe some character specialization, like classes, that cannot be cumulated, and acquired mid-game, that requires some multiple runs and conditions to unlock. Maybe some exclusive class lewds just like with curses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- maybe have the main character be there at some point? A weaker guy that needs protection (but gives bonus, or should be there because of the story), with monsters that might be moving towards him. Maybe after a certain amount of floors, to have incremental mechanics rather than everything in one go.
- since this is a roguelite, how about having more parts of the story revealed as we rerun (like Fate Stay Night).

Honestly for an alpha the game is great already, the gameplay is so much better than many other games here (I guess this is normal when its not meant to be a quick fap). Looking forward to it.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Had a few crashes this update. I think its happening whenever someone reaches max corruption?
I've never been able to reproduce this myself. I mean I'd certainly believe that it is happening, I just haven't been able to track it down.

Still missing one skill and one curse, so consider those untested.
Fourth one definitely has the most stringent requirements of the new curses, but it is still flagged to be able to show up in shrines.

IMO, Rebound probably shouldn't require a Marked tag skill, as it serves well enough as a "gateway skill" on its own, and is less useful if the enemies are already getting marked every time you attack them.
Probably true. Acting as a gateway into Marked would probably give it more value too, since it's not all that strong.

Surprised that, given this website, you read that and didn't immediately assume boobs.
She was just talking about her muscles (she was flexing at the time), but then she is also exceedingly flat so that's a thing too.

- the introduction to the gameplay can be a bit smoother: there's like many walls of text from the start. The introduction of corruption waves after a while for example was a better way to introduce mechanics. Let them sink in little by little and then use new game+ points to skip the beginning.
Everything in camp could probably stand to have a more interactive tutorial like the dungeon tutorial, but I'm not sure what I would actually want to force the player through doing in that case.

- the skills and desire prerequisite stuff are hard to get into. A tree is obviously not possible, but a simple click on a stat that gives information to related skills (if researched), and clicking on skills that show future (known researched) skills would be nice. For example, clicking on a curse would show the (researched) information: also prerequisite to x skill, disable y skill. But honestly looking at the amount of content, this is probably a massive work if not systemized (I suspect every description is currently handwritten). Right now the game is not hard enough to justify planning a lot, but before making decision making more important, information access needs to be better (let me be clear I am already impressed atm for an alpha).
Yeah I understand why you might want this but it seems like it would get out of hand fairly quickly trying to figure out how and where to put it all from a UI standpoint.

Or enable a "go rest when losing well-rested".
This kind of used to be a thing prior to this update just because allies would have to reset their behavior when a status effect that was forcing them to act a certain way timed out. It's the kind of thing where sometimes you want it to be a thing and sometimes you don't. I did mess with the callout text stuff in the last update which I suppose I could probably also use to make this type of thing more obvious when it happens. Dunno.

- I did not pay attention to the third page of new game+ options, only discovered them by accident. maybe put everything in a single page with categories, or make a tab system instead of turning pages: it's more intuitive this way.
It's surprising to me that people just don't see the buttons for this, but you're not even the only person who has had this issue. Odd.

- Where do you see favorability?
Presently? Nowhere.

- disposable weaker recruitable non-story NPC (no gameover when they die). whether there's lewd options involving with them or not is not important, but mostly having this kind of bonus can also help in balancing harder difficulties.
- some unlockables on higher difficulties only (for example need X points of difficulty options). Help people trying to get strong rather than get weak, and also help balancing by introducing the game on a lower difficulty on purpose.
- maybe like slay the spire, a possibility to share deterministic seeds? The community is probably to small to make it worth it, but it can help with rerolling abuses for higher difficulties and also debugging to reproduce behaviours.
- understanding character progress on the current run: we can see on the wiki how to unlock events the first time, but once it is unlocked on the wiki, we have no way of knowing if we did it or not for the current run. Especially since those events allow easier manipulating and help gaining favors, and might be story related for some too.
- maybe some character specialization, like classes, that cannot be cumulated, and acquired mid-game, that requires some multiple runs and conditions to unlock. Maybe some exclusive class lewds just like with curses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- maybe have the main character be there at some point? A weaker guy that needs protection (but gives bonus, or should be there because of the story), with monsters that might be moving towards him. Maybe after a certain amount of floors, to have incremental mechanics rather than everything in one go.
- since this is a roguelite, how about having more parts of the story revealed as we rerun (like Fate Stay Night).
1) Trying to have more than the squad of 3 at this point would be very messy. Partially from balance but also from a lot of UI stuff.
2) Probable
3) I did think about this at one point but I haven't figured out how to seed godot's rng. Edit: It turns out I wasn't looking very hard before as it doesn't seem that hard to do.
4) Fair point
5) Been thinking about this after somebody in my discord mentioned having more fun pushing hard into the already existing archetypes/roles that the characters naturally want to go toward with their base stats/stat gain preferences/exclusive skills. I have some ideas.
6) See 1
7) Probable

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomFapinator

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Bug fix update is up on itch. I will probably do all the uploading and replace all the links here... Eventually.
It's kind of a pain, and the thread won't get promoted anyway. You know how it be.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
My fetish is mind control, not boob control. Also, you don't leave lasting impressions in boobs. Or store your memories there. Unless this is one of those wierd hentais where it's like, "Yes, cum all your memories out through your boobs! Then your dick can suck off my dick, taking in all of my demon cum so that-- Okay, who the hell is writing this shit? I've skipped ahead in the script, and apparently this ends with me wearing her as a sentient pair of panties that doubles as a strap-on dildo, but we've already established that my (female, non-trans) character has a dick of her own."

She was just talking about her muscles (she was flexing at the time), but then she is also exceedingly flat so that's a thing too.
Wait, she was equating social memory with muscle memory? Man, I know she uses some ridiculous leaps of logic sometimes, but that one's way out there.

I've never been able to reproduce this myself. I mean I'd certainly believe that it is happening, I just haven't been able to track it down.
I can at least say that across the last several versions (assuming nothing has changed to cause/prevent them), I've had times where deaths both did and didn't cause crashes. So if nothing else, we can probably say it's based on circumstance and not just hardware/OS.

It's surprising to me that people just don't see the buttons for this, but you're not even the only person who has had this issue. Odd.
I noticed this a bit, too, when I was half-asleep and was like, "Wait, where's the arrow to move to the next page? Oh right, it's alllll the way over there." Somehow, having them on the far outside of the book just makes them feel detached from the contents of the book itself. Hmm... Thinking about it now, it almost feels like it's intended for an entirely different menu. Like, you know in games where there are multiple steps to creating your character, and you can go back to previous steps? The way it's currently set up, it kind of feels like hitting "confirm" is supposed to take you to the next step that the arrow is pointing at.

I don't think I like the visuals I have in mind of the arrow being moved towards the middle, though. Tabs might be the way to go, although I wonder if that might be *less* noticeable to some people, or present the same problem of "I thought hitting confirm would take me to the next tab".

For the record, . It only refers to shared user-edited websites. So unless the Inquisitor has coordinated their research log with other acolytes via the Melosnet, it's not a wiki. (And now I'm imagining a fantasy world where the internet is a result of sharing information through their connection to an eldritch god of knowledge. ...Which isn't actually too far off from Xenosaga, although the "eldritch god of knowledge" was actually humanity's collective unconscious.)

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I wasn't saying boobs was the right answer, just that I would have thought most people's first would guess it was a boob size joke in a place like this.

My fetish is mind control, not boob control. Also, you don't leave lasting impressions in boobs.
So I think the misunderstanding here is that HER TISSUE leaves the impression on ANOTHER person (as in "the tissue is impressive") not that SHE leaves impressions IN HER TISSUE (like in grey matter, or from a particularly hard grip).

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I think the misunderstanding here is that her tissue leaves the impression on ANOTHER person (as in "the tissue is impressive") not that impressions are left in HER tissue (like in grey matter, or from a particularly hard grip).
Wasn't she talking about not remembering a lot of details about the scientist, though? I can't go back and check without playing through like eight floors again (hopefully there will be a way to rewatch story scenes soon, because it's even more troublesome to rewatch the Witch's introductory cutscene), but I think the Inquisitor was asking for more details about the scientist, and the Witch was like, "Well, that was a long time ago, and she may not be the same now as she was then. Plus, me not remember so good anyway."

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't she talking about not remembering a lot of details about the scientist, though?
I mean... Without even checking, NRFB just gave the context up there saying she was flexing her arms. So one can draw the conclusion, just from the thread, that the witch was talking about lacking big impressive muscles.

Edit: sorry, you were meaning the conversation leading up to that. Kinda skimmed through it this time so I don't remember either.

Edit 2: After all that, the word tissue was not involved. Somewhat abbreviated transcript reads,

Witch: A scientist, perhaps [...] she may be a better target for that word that you are such a fan of trying to weigh me down with.

Inquisitor: Which word? Heretic?

Rather than responding to confirm, the Witch brings her arms up to... Flex?... Ah, right. being weighed down. [...] Also, isn't it a bit pointless to try and flex when the woman is so twiggy that there's no muscle to actually show off by doing so?

Elli: So... There's another heretic down here?

Witch: I believe so. Although such comprehension of her may be weaker than I appear right now, which is quite strong, obviously. We were not in contact for much time, and I lack the squishy surfaces for impressions to stay for long.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Maybe it's because we have a slider on the first book page: it makes people believe that's the only thing to navigate. It doesn't help that the second book page is just for information of the points you have, rather than other options to check.

3) I did think about this at one point but I haven't figured out how to seed godot's rng. Edit: It turns out I wasn't looking very hard before as it doesn't seem that hard to do.
I was about to post this, but you already found it. Great!

It's great to see a dev active and interacting. :)

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Reminder because this is a new page (at least on default post/page count):
Wait, she was equating social memory with muscle memory? Man, I know she uses some ridiculous leaps of logic sometimes, but that one's way out there.
My way of writing the witch has a policy of always trying to follow any jumps between the meanings of words that have multiple meanings, tying them together and trying to make something that could make sense to a strange individual, but rarely makes sense to anyone else who doesn't have the same context her mind is operating in.

I can at least say that across the last several versions (assuming nothing has changed to cause/prevent them), I've had times where deaths both did and didn't cause crashes. So if nothing else, we can probably say it's based on circumstance and not just hardware/OS.
Blargh!

I was about to post this, but you already found it. Great!

It's great to see a dev active and interacting. :)
Basically I think what happened was that I thought "Hm, I wonder if this rng system has a way to seed it" back when I was first setting up map generation (over a year ago now, wow) and I wasn't as used to digging through the docs. Searched, didn't find it immediately for whatever reason, decided it must just be missing or something. Didn't second guess that afterward.
It do be like that sometimes.

Are sex scenes only between girls and monsters so far?
If anything I've had people wondering when there's actually going to be full sex between knights and monsters at all. I don't even have mechanics built out for it happening in any kind of depth.

Reactions: Overlord070

Аdmin

Mar 23, 2018
Has anyone had any luck messing with the .res save file? Looking through godot's it seems like they're serializing the data but all of the serialization / deserialization happens locally through the engine itself. I can fuck with values through cheat engine, most of the character values like exhaustion and lust are doubles. Can't figure out the value of the clock to pause the time though.

It would be pretty neat to have different types of cheats embedded natively. Things like pausing time or unlocking values so everything becomes a slider, even just an unlock all would be cool. It's nice to be able to explore everything the game has to offer when you don't have all day to grind through the game to unlock everything manually.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Has anyone had any luck messing with the .res save file? Looking through godot's it seems like they're serializing the data but all of the serialization / deserialization happens locally through the engine itself. I can fuck with values through cheat engine, most of the character values like exhaustion and lust are doubles. Can't figure out the value of the clock to pause the time though.
The value for current time of day in camp never touches the save file. The game doesn't even save during camp, only before and after.

It would be pretty neat to have different types of cheats embedded natively. Things like pausing time or unlocking values so everything becomes a slider, even just an unlock all would be cool. It's nice to be able to explore everything the game has to offer when you don't have all day to grind through the game to unlock everything manually.
$10 for debug menu enabled builds on Patreon/Subscribestar :)

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Very nice game you've created here, has potential to be the best one on here imo.

Few questions:

How do I have sex with the knights under mind control or is that not implemented yet?
Also do monster actually have sex with the girls and if so, which ones?
My lucette seems weaker than the other 2, what do you recommend building her as?

EDIT: Where do I see how much each knight likes me?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
How do I have sex with the knights under mind control or is that not implemented yet?
If you look at the knight's character profiles in the research log, you can see hints on how to see any camp scenes you haven't encountered yet. Currently Raine is the only one you can directly have sex with under mind control, but there's some other stuff you can do with the others.

Also do monster actually have sex with the girls and if so, which ones?
That depends on what you mean by "have sex". No penises get inserted into any vaginas (yet? I'm not looking forward to that if so), but there are some who will make out with the girls and/or make them cum in various ways, including the marionette hands (forced masturbation) and liquid latex construct. Also a flying dildo who fucks their ears.

EDIT: Where do I see how much each knight likes me?
You don't. (Yet?) Fortunately, there's nothing in the game yet that takes more than a tiny bit of favor.

Reactions: Overlord070

Аdmin

Mar 23, 2018
The value for current time of day in camp never touches the save file. The game doesn't even save during camp, only before and after.
I was referring to cheat engine when talking about the time, I was looking for the value that defines the time of day in order to freeze it in memory so I had infinite time to fuck around in the camp.

Good to know there is a debug menu version, i'll definitely check that out.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes