NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
To get out ahead of it, yes there is a bug where automatic camera movement causes you to get stuck in mouse dragging mode. I more or less know how and why this happens, but it's not gamebreaking enough that I'm going to do a bunch of version uploading whatnot to immediately fix it. It's inconvenient, but you can fix it by literally just right clicking.

Felkesste

Mar 4, 2018
I'm not sure if it's something that you're actively looking for, but seeing people weigh in on things like target demographics or what sort of things they would enjoy seeing in the game, I hope it's not out of line for me to toss my two cents into the discussion.

I think for the more voyeuristic games like this, there's a desire to experiment, treating it like a sandbox almost on the same level as those old browser flash games like Powder Game or Lab of the Dead more than an outright erotic game. You get into a mindset where you want to see what happens if you do this, and how it differs from that same exact situation, but now with this new variable.
"If I put her here and give her these instructions, does she end up doing anything interesting?"
"If I happen to put this idea in her head beforehand, does that influence her feelings and choices in this circumstance?"
"If she's dressed in this alternative outfit, do the reactions she gets and gives in this dialogue sequence change?"

So maybe people are just hoping for more of a sense that their choices, good or bad, are having an impact of some kind. More bite, if that makes sense. Granular and slow-paced changes are definitely more realistic and there's an audience for it, but that doesn't mean you can't also have scenes where a conversation has more immediate consequences, or opportunities for the players to experiment with or on themselves and their own decisions and possibilities.

Speaking purely on things that I like in games, I love immersion and roleplay, being given more choices for my own thoughts, feelings, and actions. I get hyped up over weird features like getting to decide on my in-game feelings towards each character, or how I feel about something that's happening. Some freedom of expression and choice that may or may not lead to consequences or scenes being written out in wildly different context. Like, because you told the game you have a huge crush on this particular character, seeing lewd things happen to this character brings out very different reactions and gets more romanticized attention to details you shouldn't be fixating on right now, you've got a job to do that isn't staring at this! Or because you told the game you don't like this character, but chose to react with jealousy rather than arousal or smug satisfaction to some scene or another, you don't fixate on her body as much as you fixate on what it would be like to be in her position in that scene.

This is all probably a massive pain in the ass to program, and write for though. So many variations for the scenes to account for, turning the usual VN branching choice map into a sprawling spider's web of choices.

RedAce1942

Jan 3, 2018
To get out ahead of it, yes there is a bug where automatic camera movement causes you to get stuck in mouse dragging mode. I more or less know how and why this happens, but it's not gamebreaking enough that I'm going to do a bunch of version uploading whatnot to immediately fix it. It's inconvenient, but you can fix it by literally just right clicking.
Glad you're back. Hope you got better

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
This is all probably a massive pain in the ass to program, and write for though. So many variations for the scenes to account for, turning the usual VN branching choice map into a sprawling spider's web of choices.
It's the kind of thing that quickly explodes into exponential work that is never finishable and I still have to figure out how to hit the balance of reactiveness vs realistic to implement (among other things). I am probably erring too far on the side of caution presently though.
The Pixeldrain links for Windows and Linux are swapped.
Thank you.
Are tehre any scenes with a MC yet? And can you make the MC a futa?
There have been a non-zero amount of scenes with the inquisitor for a while now.
Second thing, no. I don't hate the idea, but it does run into the issue of how do you keep parity between that and male or female content.
Glad you're back. Hope you got better
Better relative to previous months, I'm comfortable with saying that much at least.

Reactions: RedAce1942

BobJojo

Sep 28, 2017
The resolution / fontsize scaling seems completely wack. Something about the textbox being fixed pixel width and then scaling the text the wrong direction?

Here's the settings view at 1600x900 on a 4K screen.
1719951130271.png

Here's the screen at 2560x1440 on the same. The pixels are squashed and become unreadable.
1719951292889.png

I was looking forward to trying this, but I def can't play like this. Shame the textbox size / font style settings on the settings don't seem to affect any of these, and the "custom font" defaults back to 16pt even if you try to change it. Maybe it's me and I'm missing something obvious, but this UI is straight up painful for me.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The resolution / fontsize scaling seems completely wack. Something about the textbox being fixed pixel width and then scaling the text the wrong direction?

Here's the settings view at 1600x900 on a 4K screen.
View attachment 3792930

Here's the screen at 2560x1440 on the same. The pixels are squashed and become unreadable.
View attachment 3792946

I was looking forward to trying this, but I def can't play like this. Shame the textbox size / font style settings on the settings don't seem to affect any of these, and the "custom font" defaults back to 16pt even if you try to change it. Maybe it's me and I'm missing something obvious, but this UI is straight up painful for me.
I don't have a 4k monitor so I can't say that things aren't happening exactly as you say, but here's one possibility for why things might be off (and why I haven't seen this from other people yet): You say that you have a "4k screen", but is your OS's screen resolution set to that setting? I tend to use a lower resolution than what my monitor is capable of, for accessibility reasons, and this creates issues if I put the game in fullscreen (which I don't) and use a different resolution, even if it's the resolution of my monitor itself.

Try putting the game in windowed mode and see what happens when you mess with the resolution there.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
There have been a non-zero amount of scenes with the inquisitor for a while now.
Second thing, no. I don't hate the idea, but it does run into the issue of how do you keep parity between that and male or female content.
Why do you need parity when it doesn't make sense for there to be parity?
It only makes sense that a futa can use penis OR vagina, female can use vagain and man can only use penis.
Is this some doomed idea that everyone MUST be equal?

Effectively write man scene and female scene, futa can simpy pick - easiest implementation. Or you can go fancy and make variations depending on gentials/boobs. Futa can easily be (and should be - those of terminally poor taste and hiding in closet might disagree) without scrotum, so a text description of a gal fondling ball might make little sense. Also boobs. Also futa can use both at the same time technically.

Also, what kind of a whiny baby will cry if another path in the game has a bit more content than his? Content in this case being some text + image. Big whoop.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Maybe it's me and I'm missing something obvious, but this UI is straight up painful for me.
I mean it would probably make more sense to assume it's something on your end as I wouldn't put the game out looking like that. I know that there have been some other similar reports of font rendering issues but I don't know enough about how all that works to try and reproduce it.
Ah, yeah, here's a post from quite a while ago which links to another older post from before that.

where can i find mods for this game?
I'd like to know this too (there aren't like any finished mods that I'm aware of).

FoxMelody

Mar 15, 2021
I have an issue with event triggering in NG+
It appears to be pretty much the same as described in this post from a few months ago, but I didn't find any subsequent message addressing it:
So I can't trigger Other Knights 3, though I did manage to see the Good Faith one. I thought maybe I needed to trigger Other Knights 2, but discovered myself unable to trigger any of the floor-end scenes (I'm assuming I need those to trigger Other Knights 1). Likewise, I can't trigger normally, from NG+, any of the older knight's scenes (relaxing, frank talk, curiosity, etc.) that I've previously unlocked outside of the research notes. Not sure if this is intended or not (time saved, but bonuses lost and also no scene progression).

I will also add that I AM able to get the Corrupt command from NG+, unlike Rosen.

Other than that, just rushed and unlocked the 2 newest camp scenes (can't trigger Raine's fishing one from last update which I hadn't unlocked yet, which I'm guessing is because I can't trigger the relaxing scene either). Haven't tested anything else, haven't found the boss(?) enemies either.

Given any amount of difference between Rosen's bugs and mine, I hope it's not an "easy" fix of deleting save data and starting over :p
- Floor events do not trigger (except intro and tutorial?)
- Already seen character events do not re-trigger, which consequently means progressing most chain events is blocked. This does include Coraline, effectively completely blocking access to Dreaming. And I think Witch's boss unlock event
- Previously not seen events for which criteria is met (such as curse-related events) do unlock as expected
- Camp scrying events (sleep, bath, masturbation) do trigger normally despite having been seen, guess they are just built different
- Spellcasting unlocks normally anyways, after the second floor (and instantly if I pick the NG+ modifier). Desire Manipulation and Corrupting though is always accessible from the very beginning of the game, even when their NG+ option is not selected
I did try with and without "Encountered Event Counts" NG+ modifier but the issue stays the same (honestly, based on the description I don't know what is that option even intended to do)

On the topic of issues with NG+ modifiers:
- It appears that spells research list is retained even when the Discovered Spells NG+ option is not taken
- Unleash the Maids penalty says it enables maid spawning before Maid Quarters event, but even without it Maids already spawn from floor 1 on NG+? (also Latex Fountains/Constructs spawn from floor 1 on NG+ as well, which feels odd?) Although I don't discount that this is connected to the main issue above anyways
- More of a feedback - Considering that spells are unlocked as early as after Floor 2, is there a point for the NG+ Spellcasting option to even cost 50 in the first place. It isn't much, but it still feels overpriced.
- Also is there a point to lock Discovered Spells behind having taken Spellcasting. And Advert behind... Total Value given to the Witch?

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Effectively write man scene and female scene, futa can simpy pick - easiest implementation. Or you can go fancy and make variations depending on gentials/boobs. Futa can easily be (and should be - those of terminally poor taste and hiding in closet might disagree) without scrotum, so a text description of a gal fondling ball might make little sense. Also boobs. Also futa can use both at the same time technically.
While I can't be certain, this idea requires changing a bunch of pronouns and other such tedium to make sense. This, I believe, would be the parity - effort spent to make a coherent point of view. Unless readers are comfortable using their powers of imagination, then simply picking between male or female pov comes off as a lazy placeholder for a proper futa Inquisitor, which I'm pretty sure NRFB wouldn't be happy with either.

But if being able to pick between male and female pov is all you want, then it's even easier to just rewatch the scene in the menu and switch the sex pov yourself and let the dev make their forward progress.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes