raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Bug - a7.1
Memory leak/Inf loop - Scry - Exact details unknown but what I do know is in the spoiler

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On an unrelated note, since it sounds like you're planning on doing a futa curse, you may want to consider a toggle for it (or the ability to disable/enable curses as a new game+ option). The game will lose a chunk of it's appeal to a fair number of people if it's unavoidable, but in the end it's your call.

Last edited:
Reactions: akapp

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
if, say, the drider was a character in the story.
Who said she isn't? (It's me. I said she isn't. Right now.)

Edit: Oh, apparently there's an unannounced (here) bugfix update out.
They never promoted the thread after I reported it. The links in the OP are the 7.1 version and the changelog link is there, of course.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm... more than a little unfazed when it comes to like, potentially-unwanted-but-never-permanent transformations in stuff. Maybe it's the years of Corruption of Champions or Trials in Tainted Space (before I started hating the updates for the latter lmfao) but if a problem can go away, that makes it less of a problem.
I am of this mind as well. Very rarely do I ever use content toggles in games even if present for things I don't like, but that's me and I know that other people are not me (don't get too jealous :whistle:).

In any case, futa is going to happen, it was always on the fetish list and was always planned. I've always been open about it, and am also saying it right now so I'll have even less reason to feel bad if people are upset about the tag being added to this thread later. Everything around it (how it works mechanically, how difficult/avoidable it may be to even get, if there'll be a toggle, etc.) is still up in the air though, and it shouldn't be a pressing concern for people, as it won't be showing up for months at least.

Bug - a7.1
Memory leak/Inf loop - Scry - Exact details unknown but what I do know is in the spoiler
Interesting. I'll definitely need to look into this. I would have to guess it's something to do with how Quality duplicates event triggers/checks, although I didn't hit anything like that in my testing (not that I was 100% thorough with it).

I very much appreciate the effort on the report having as much information as possible as well.

Other possible (but unlikely) cause could be the pop-up portions of conversations still have a bunch in their queue
Shouldn't be. The dungeon and camp are separate scenes. Outside of global data (which those animations have nothing to do with), everything is unloaded when the scene tree loads into the dungeon. Everything to do with camp UI is already gone by the time the camera fades in on the dungeon.

Certain frames of that animation block being able to enter the dungeon as well. Mostly mentioning this due to not being able to replicate it)
This is probably intentional. Most buttons in the camp have a check to not do anything if they're pressed while animations are happening (mostly meant to give the knights a chance to move to their correct locations without people clicking through things in the menu too fast and messing things up).

Reactions: raska42

RalfZ

Dec 8, 2017
1669822860725.png

Text in the popups and settings become unreadable when changing the resolution to 1920x1080.
My display is 1920x1080 so I don't know why it's like this.

Jun 27, 2018
In my current playthrough, using scry on characters in the dungeon makes the game hang for a while, up to a point where it's actually crashing the game entirely (Error: Godot engine has stopped responding). I do have some curses which interact with scry, which may add to the problem, but other than that I'm not sure what the variables/factors are that could cause this.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
In my current playthrough, using scry on characters in the dungeon makes the game hang for a while, up to a point where it's actually crashing the game entirely (Error: Godot engine has stopped responding). I do have some curses which interact with scry, which may add to the problem, but other than that I'm not sure what the variables/factors are that could cause this.
Check the post four above yours, it seems someone else may be having a similar issue. How much of their circumstance do you have in common, and is there any other insight you can add? I... do not have a healthy enough computer to risk any experiments on this myself, if it's causing a massive memory leak like that.

Edit: Incidentally, whatever this is, I suspect it's exclusive to 7.1 and not 7.0, which I'm still playing on at the moment.

The Twatter said:
Yes, although you misspelled whomst'd've. Part of me wants her to be an unlockable character after you beat the game or something, even if it's without any unique scenes, kind of like the bonus characters in Castlevania games. But then people would complain about why she's even there if she doesn't get any scenes, and that's when Feature Creep rears its ugly head... But perhaps there's another alternative... Which I'll get to in a moment.

Neat, Berserk does something now. But, perhaps more importantly, this seems to be the first time I've seen "X interacted with Y"... (Edit: I am wrong.) Could this be a new check for triggering potential events? Maybe we'll actually get to see a scene of Raine smacking Lucette, or an entranced Elli hypnotizing Lucette when she tries to wake her up because of the Suggestive curse? (If not in the dungeon, *please* have a scene for that curse in the camp or something. Maybe even something the inquisitor can exploit... Maybe even a lot of different somethings. Moar memetic hypno scenes! ...I mean the proper definition of meme, "spreading thoughts and ideas between people", not image macros.

(Incidentally, I still haven't managed to get Suggestive in this build, although I haven't tried that hard since that first day.)

Knowing the Witch, I don't know if there's some actual circumstance that has led her into being in that outfit, or if she just randomly happens to be wearing it for the sake of a play on words after you turned away for two seconds. (Edit: I just realized that, apart from the glasses, that's her regular outfit and we just didn't see a good close-up of it until now.) Although I do hope we eventually get to have some unique scenes with the Witch, and I actually hope she joins us in camp at some point. There doesn't even need to be a real explanation, except for the implication that Eschahn likes her dynamic with the heroes and wants to see them get closer. Her lab would just suddenly be in camp, and even she'd be mildly surprised at finding herself outside of the dungeon, but she'd quickly adapt to hanging around at camp with us. She could have scenes with the inquisitor and the knights, get hypno'd, and other fun stuff. And if you don't want to give us free access to the Witch's shop from camp, you can just say she arbitrarily decided not to.

"Wow. I don't think I've ever been outside the dungeon before now. Well, obviously I was outside before being inside, but that was Then-Me, and this is Now-Me. Though I suppose now this is Now-Now-Me, who's always been outside the dungeon for as long as she's existed. Which she doesn't anymore. Goodbye, Then-Now-Me! Now, when were we?"

Edit: Alright, Lucette has been stun-locked for literally more than 50 turns against what I can only assume is that goddamn flower. Maybe something should be done to prevent characters from falling asleep right after they've woken up? There's already something like that for Dazed and Trance, but... Yeesh. (The particular setup I had kept her constantly hopping between 54 and 57 exhaustion, btw, so she never would have broken out of it due to any sort of corruption break or anything like that.)

Edit 2: Y'know... it'd probably be a good idea to have some way of telling which floor you're on. I'm spending all this time worrying about how close I am to the end of my run, whether I should reset the current floor or keep Going Deeper, when it really just doesn't make sense that I would be wondering what floor I'm on. (But I can tell you that whatever floor I'm on, clocks and paintings just are NOT showing up. I actually haven't even seen a clock since the first floor...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Truly Slothful

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I'm enjoying this game a lot. I want to write up a bigger post once I've played it more, but in the meantime, I want to give some input regarding the futanari question. I'd recommend against attaching gameplay consquences to a player's decision to avoid futanari. For a gameplay-heavy adult game like this, much of the enjoyment comes from trying to win, because it's a natural path to getting the player invested in what's happening (as opposed to just viewing the game as a glorified scene gallery). It doesn't feel good to be forced into making sub-optimal gameplay decisions because you want to avoid the content associated with the "best" decision, and it doesn't feel good to disable gameplay mechanics because you don't like the way those mechanics are flavored.

So, my recommendation would be to introduce futa mechanics however you like, but also introduce an alternative flavor for those mechanics which can be toggled without affecting the underlying gameplay. For example, if the futa curse is all about causing the subject to assault her allies, you can just write up an alternative version of those scenes where the subject doesn't have a penis. Speaking from personal experience, this isn't as much extra writing as you might think - the context and character reactions are pretty much the same, it's just the specific body parts involved which are different.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Reminder that you can always replace futa with a strap on and mechanically its the same.
"But what about the jizz" I hear you cry; easy: its a demonic strap on made of flesh, some sort of leech that attaches itself to the groin and hijacks the host.

There's also the concept of clit expansion which always gets forgotten about
labluegirl.gif

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
View attachment 2204376

Text in the popups and settings become unreadable when changing the resolution to 1920x1080.
My display is 1920x1080 so I don't know why it's like this.
I've seen this font rendering issue rarely, more in some earlier versions. I never tracked it down to something specific though, since it's something on your system. All I can think to offer is to make sure that you have OpenGL up to date, or to try using the alternate software renderer that I mentioned previously. Could also try other resolutions/not playing fullscreen, although I understand that being less than ideal.

Edit: Incidentally, whatever this is, I suspect it's exclusive to 7.1 and not 7.0, which I'm still playing on at the moment.
That would be very strange, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. I feel like 7.1 shouldn't have touched scrying?

Part of me wants her to be an unlockable character after you beat the game or something, even if it's without any unique scenes, kind of like the bonus characters in Castlevania games.
The Witch doesn't strike me as someone with very high strength, dexterity, focus, or vitality.

Imagine the skills she must have though...

Maybe we'll actually get to see a scene of Raine smacking Lucette, or an entranced Elli hypnotizing Lucette when she tries to wake her up because of the Suggestive curse? (If not in the dungeon, *please* have a scene for that curse in the camp or something. Maybe even something the inquisitor can exploit... Maybe even a lot of different somethings. Moar memetic hypno scenes! ...I mean the proper definition of meme, "spreading thoughts and ideas between people", not image macros.
This type of thing can be hooked up, and is a sort of thing I would like to write. Y'know, when more writing time is a thing. :censored:

(Edit: I just realized that, apart from the glasses, that's her regular outfit and we just didn't see a good close-up of it until now.)
Glasses?

but yes, love me witch

Edit: Alright, Lucette has been stun-locked for literally more than 50 turns against what I can only assume is that goddamn flower. Maybe something should be done to prevent characters from falling asleep right after they've woken up?
One could argue it would make sense for Clarity to apply when waking up from sleep, since it dictates actions.
Actually I just checked and Clarity DOES apply, but only if the sleep goes through its entire duration and the character wakes up naturally. So I guess instead I should consider if it should be gained when woken up from being attacked (maybe), or just tweak some damage numbers and make this situation impossible, which would be pretty easy.
Although I know you also have the ability to solve this situation by bringing in one of your other knights, so it's not like she'd be stuck there FOREVER.

Edit 2: Y'know... it'd probably be a good idea to have some way of telling which floor you're on.
Probably. You can do it in camp but I guess that doesn't help all the time.
For what it's worth, the background images in the dungeon aren't randomized, so just memorize what each one looks like and... Yeah, no, that'd be silly.

So, my recommendation would be to introduce futa mechanics however you like, but also introduce an alternative flavor for those mechanics which can be toggled without affecting the underlying gameplay. For example, if the futa curse is all about causing the subject to assault her allies, you can just write up an alternative version of those scenes where the subject doesn't have a penis. Speaking from personal experience, this isn't as much extra writing as you might think - the context and character reactions are pretty much the same, it's just the specific body parts involved which are different.
Maybe, yeah. I already have to do some thinking about how best to handle content parity of the player sexing the knights when that player might or might not have a penis, so I guess that's not too different.

Reminder that you can always replace futa with a strap on and mechanically its the same.
"But what about the jizz" I hear you cry; easy: its a demonic strap on made of flesh, some sort of leech that attaches itself to the groin and hijacks the host.
And this wouldn't be gross but a regular girl with a nice, feminine pp that you could dispel like any other curse would be? :unsure:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019

There's also the concept of clit expansion which always gets forgotten about
This sounds more like an attempt to use a loophole to bypass a censor, rather than being considerate to those who are squicked by futa. "You can make it feel exactly like futa without technically being futa" kind of misses the point.

With that in mind, if the dev does decide to force futa in the game and for some reason wants to troll people who don't like it, it would be hilarious to have an option that does nothing but replace the word "penis" with "landlady".

That would be very strange, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. I feel like 7.1 shouldn't have touched scrying?
I swear, when I saw something in the changelog yesterday I thought, "Aha, this might have affected the order in which things were done, which could have caused the memory leak in the newer version." But for the life of me I can't find what I might have been thinking of now.

It's possible I just never encountered it in 7.0, but in my last run I realized I *have* been starting each floor by scrying the group to get them pre-charged and pre-thorned. I had the Charge and Quintessence spells and Regrowth on Raine, with Lucette having Conduit, Regrowth, Cable Management, Barkskin, Reserve Battery, and Spellsword on Lucette. (Though I haven't been able to get any of those on the others for some reason. I'll have to double-check the requirements.) So one would think if "Too many affects from being Scried" was the issue, I would have triggered it... But it's possible that I just didn't have the specific thing that triggered it...

....Oh, I think that's what I was thinking yesterday! I don't think I've ever gotten the "Easily Stimulated" curse that was mentioned in 7.1's changelog! I don't know what the curse does, but if it interacts with Charge somehow, the trigger code was tweaked in the new version, and "having tons of things that react to scry" usually involves multiple different Charge effects, that could be related to the bug.

The Witch doesn't strike me as someone with very high strength, dexterity, focus, or vitality.
She could have some other jokey stats that serve the equivalent purpose, like "Luck" for Dexterity and "Obliviousness" for Vitality (because she's unaware that she's even been hurt). Also, Focus would be displayed as a negative value but would otherwise work the same as the positive value.

Artistic Nude: "Look into my eyes..."

Lucette: "Must resist... Must keep focus..."

Witch: *Looks at the two "i"s in "Artistic"* "I don't get it... Ooh, a penny!"

Yeah, the glasses. She's... Oh, what the fuck?

Fi2CQ-pWAAAtnNu.png
Witch Glasses.png

Edit: Actually, looking back, I don't think that's the size of the glasses I thought I saw. I think they ended with the whites of her eyes. Her eyebrows totally look like the top rims, though.

Actually I just checked and Clarity DOES apply, but only if the sleep goes through its entire duration and the character wakes up naturally. So I guess instead I should consider if it should be gained when woken up from being attacked (maybe),
Son of a... Okay, what you should definitely do is tweak the Astir spell so that being woken up early triggers Clarity, because that's what happened here. The exhaustion damage from the attack was waking up Lucette, because of this spell that's explicitly supposed to be a good thing, and that caused her to go right back to sleep from the same attack that woke her up. Obviously, attacks that do injury damage aren't gonna put people to sleep (unless a sexy evil nurse injects them with sedative I guess?), which is probably what you were thinking from a balance standpoint when you made it not trigger Clarity. But Astir throws that completely out the window and results in stunlocks like this.

I suppose another alternative is to make sure that any attack that can cause sleep checks to make sure the target isn't already asleep, so there's never a circumstance where you're put to sleep by the same attack that wakes you up.

Edit: Okay, so I just grabbed the latest patch to see the one new scene with the rope binding trap, and... nope.

Edit 2: Man, whatever that curse with the grey meter is, it does NOT want to trigger. Three runs in 7.0 and one in 7.1 with it on multiple characters, and still nothing. The only curses I'm aware of that I haven't revealed are Craven, Reverse Craven (I forget what it was called), Mama Bear, and Easily Stimulated.

Last edited:

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
And this wouldn't be gross but a regular girl with a nice, feminine pp that you could dispel like any other curse would be?
Well yes, depending on the person.
The gross factor with futa is that its a gender benderism; you're sticking a male organ onto a female, and you might think its a 'best of both worlds' type of thing but a lot of people feel the same level of disgust towards it as gay content - doubly so when the futa art depicts the 'girl-dick' as big as a third leg and the central focus of the image.

Fetishes are weird, what can I say.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The gross factor with futa is
different from person to person. Personally, I just don't like dicks, and I especially don't like them popping up in the sacred dick-free zone. Like, guys have dicks, and if a woman is going to express herself sexually with a man, she's probably gonna do so with his dick. (Though I'd prefer if he doesn't dirty her up with the fluids from his dick, which is honestly way too common in porn IMO.) But if she whips out her own dick? That's a betrayal, man. Women are sexy with their boobs and their cute faces and their nice hair and their brainwashed thoughts and their obedience mantras and their not-having-dicks. Giving her a dick is almost as bad as covering her face with semen. Giving her a dick that she then uses to cover another girl's face with semen is... Goddamn. Girl on girl is supposed to be the holy grail of dicklessness, you monster. (Edit: The "you monster" isn't directed at you, it's facetiously directed at the imaginary person making girl-jizzing-on-face porn.)

That site that's self-destructing said:
I know I probably SHOULD do more supporter stuff, so today I published an image dump to preview some content making its way into the game EVENTUALLY for patrons/subscribers.
*Sad broke noises*

As hilarious as this is, I'm actually not sure how it's gonna help from a gameplay standpoint. The biggest issue with masturbation is having to pull another character off what they're doing and spend 10x3 turns heading over to snap them out of it. Unless this skill lets them teleport to someone who's masturbating...

"Hey babe, come to my place."

"I can't, I'm disarming a weird clock."

"Okay, I'll just masturbate."

*SMACK*

Edit: Random thought. At some point there needs to be a threat in the dungeon that inexplicably forces one of the girls into a wedding dress. Maybe they're trying to marry the knight to something or someone in the dungeon, and try to put them in trance to say "I do", but they end up confessing for a fellow knight/inquisitor instead (depending on affection levels). The threat is thwarted by them accidentally being married off to that person instead, and although they insist that it doesn't count because it wasn't overseen by Syra, the knight ends the encounter by gaining the Happy status effect. (And maybe something else with further-reaching implications...?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister XxX

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
As hilarious as this is, I'm actually not sure how it's gonna help from a gameplay standpoint. The biggest issue with masturbation is having to pull another character off what they're doing and spend 10x3 turns heading over to snap them out of it. Unless this skill lets them teleport to someone who's masturbating...
It's not great if you have each character moving around solo, but if you have a support following a killer (plus a rogue off playing in traps), it becomes pretty useful.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
With that in mind, if the dev does decide to force futa in the game and for some reason wants to troll people who don't like it, it would be hilarious to have an option that does nothing but replace the word "penis" with "landlady".
steppenis
Wait no that's a different fetish entirely. Who knows if feet stuff will ever be a thing or not.

Yeah, the glasses. She's... Oh, what the fuck?
Hello.png
"How do you do, fellow non-heretics?"

Edit: Okay, so I just grabbed the latest patch to see the one new scene with the rope binding trap, and... nope.
sigh...

Edit 2: Man, whatever that curse with the grey meter is, it does NOT want to trigger. Three runs in 7.0 and one in 7.1 with it on multiple characters, and still nothing. The only curses I'm aware of that I haven't revealed are Craven, Reverse Craven (I forget what it was called), Mama Bear, and Easily Stimulated.
Grey is Pity.
I know for a fact that e-stim works though, and if Craven STILL has problems after like 3 patches I'll be annoyed.

you're sticking a male organ onto a female,
Hell yeah I am
eventually

As hilarious as this is, I'm actually not sure how it's gonna help from a gameplay standpoint.
Not that much, but it is funny.
"But NRFB, how will I have skill points to spend on something like that?!"
lmao

Reactions: icollectsouls

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Hell yeah I am
eventually
There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, between man and woman, and it lies between the pit of man's lusts and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is a perfect union of gender. It is an area which we call The Futanari Zone.

Reactions: NRFB

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
"But NRFB, how will I have skill points to spend on something like that?!"
lmao
Three possible interpretations of this:

1. There will be new ways to get skill points.
2. There will be ways to learn skills without spending skill points.
3. "lol fuck you and the skill point economy"

Tweety said:
Yass. Hopefully this is a way to keep track of how to unlock them, too. (The fact that the research button isn't grayed out suggests there's *something* more to be shown, although I guess that could just be an incomplete UI.) Although... Hmm... Now I'm left to wonder if there will be events tied to skills, since there's a big ol' empty space down there where the event list usually goes. Obviously there won't be events for every skill, though (what the hell would you even write for something like Warding?), so the space could just as easily go unused. But maybe a scene or two for Lets GOOOOOO!!, or even a follow-up to Lucette's conversation about wanting to learn magic if she has the Spellsword skill. Hmm... This actually makes me want certain skills, spells, or curses to only be unlocked if we see certain events or scenes. Or, maybe seeing those scenes could get them added to the KP rewards menu or something? In any case, I'd love if we actually get the ability to teach Lucette magic at the end of a chain of events about it, and then keep it unlocked in future runs as another form of rogue-lite metaprogression beyond just earning KP.

Hmm... My first guess, based on the heart and wings, is that it's some way to "ascend" curses and get something positive out of them. Or some way to get new curses, along with some benefit. Or maybe the icon just means it's a shrine to Eschahn, and it could be just about anything.

But gee, that sure is a conspicuous status menu you've left open. And I see a new sort of currency there... Or so I thought, and had a bunch of stuff typed up before I realized that's the same icon showing how many points you have invested into a skill. Except now I just realized that same icon has shown up in previous teasers. It showed up underneath the curse in , and is also part of that curse meter in the top-right of this most recent one... Which I didn't notice because it was pink. Could there be some meaning behind that, or just a scrapped part of the UI that changed to be more consistent? Does filling up that meter simply give you more skill points? And if that really is just a counter for unspent skill points, wouldn't there be one for stat points? Hmm...

LOOT! There was flavor text in camp that mentioned sorting the items found in the dungeon (and a desire for material gain), but I thought that was just fluff since there was nothing about the UI or mechanics that suggested, "This is where items and/or equipment and/or money would be relevant." Especially since there's already a "shop" that doesn't use material currency. ...It would be funny if there was still no treasure in the game and all chests were mimics. "What are you even mimicking? We know it has to be you!" "Hehe... I like being a box."

But I don't suppose there's anything you can tell us about how this is gonna work, or are you just gonna keep it secret until it's released?

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
But I don't suppose there's anything you can tell us about how this is gonna work, or are you just gonna keep it secret until it's released?
I mean there probably are things that I could say, though at the same time I am also going to continue to post preview things on twitter so there will be more information to see. I've already said that the focus with this update is skills/curses and linking those systems + desires together, and that I also want to do some work on changing things up so that there is opportunity cost when grouping up allies 100% of the time. I think I'm moving at a pretty good pace, although if I end up getting done with things early it probably doesn't mean releasing an update early, since I probably SHOULD use any leftover time on doing more written content. I know people still have complaints about the lack of that.

BUT ANYWAY aside from all of those words, you'd probably have to be more specific in asking questions.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
BUT ANYWAY aside from all of those words, you'd probably have to be more specific in asking questions.
But that's the problem. There's so little to go off of here that I don't even know what any specific questions would be, which is also why I was kind of hoping for an actual answer this time instead of throwing out a bunch of predictions about specific possibilities that I don't expect you to confirm or deny. Like I said, there's nothing about the UI or mechanics that suggest "this is where items/equipment/currency would be relevant", so I don't really have any dots to connect. By comparison, something like desire manipulation seemed to fit in with what the game was already doing and/or the direction we could see it was going, with the mostly-pointless camp stuff and the completely pointless hanging seals trap. There's a stat that affects that stuff, and we would be able to make it go up and down somehow in the next update (at the time), which is enough to make guesses or ask questions about. So I guess... is there a skeletal description of where in the mechanics this would fit and what one would do with it? I'm not expecting it to be a complete game-changer like being able to equip weapons and armor or use consumable potions in the dungeon, but should I? I don't even know if I should expect there to be an inventory or if it's just another excuse for triggering some events that aren't themed after monsters or traps. (Which would be perfectly fine and a great addition to the game, but also a very good reason to set up the right expectations ahead of time.)

Speaking of which... Well, let me respond to the next Tweet first.

THE MOST METAL LOOT OF ALL.

Also, seems like there's some kind of item rarity involved in this system, which throws off any guesses I might have had for how it works. Unless Raine found a common house centipede in that chest, which are three words that should never go together. (<--Arachnophobia Warning, even though it's not technically an arachnid. Spindly-legged-terror-beast-ophobia.)

But this brings to mind the thought of all the potential events that could be triggered by the opening of the chest itself. Obviously, Mimics are a must, but there are all sorts of other things you could have there. It probably wouldn't fit in this game due to the permanence and how it was intended to be a setup for future scenes, but I once toyed with the concept of... Well, the details are specific to a particular story, but let's say it was a cursed treasure that caused a woman to crawl inside the chest and identify as part the chest's treasure, and when someone else came along and disarmed the trap, she still identified as being his loot. (She also identified as the chest itself and brought it along with her, but... long story.)

And of course, nonsexual scenes like having a centipede crawl out of the chest and make the knight scream, causing us to think it's a trap when it's just a harmless bug. ...Actually, now I really want Raine to have a fear of bugs and get unique events with the Drider. In fact, I think in general it would be neat to have certain characters have unique scenes with certain threats. It wouldn't be as much work as making a variation for each character, and would let that character's individual personality shine through more.

And then there are all the fun scenes we might have with the items themselves... Sure, we already have a cheat code to hypnotize the girls on command, but surely that won't stop us from having a scene with a hypnotic pendant, right? Especially if we want to have the girls hypnotize each other... This would, of course, open with a scene of them looting the pendant from the chest, holding it in front of themselves, and getting caught in a trance. When they wake up, the pendant is already in their pocket and they forget they've even looted anything... (...Logically, this would probably also result in a protag-sub scene at some point, which I would prefer to avoid, but eh.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elsiss Surana

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Like I said, there's nothing about the UI or mechanics that suggest "this is where items/equipment/currency would be relevant", so I don't really have any dots to connect.
Which makes sense. I haven't actually decided if the knights are going to have inventories at all yet. When I think about things as far as game direction, that doesn't seem strictly necessary. It's kind of the same thing with equipment/currency too. The current update is not about those things, since those things may or may not ever exist.
As for consumables/items... Kinda. There are items in the chests, but not the kind you seem to be thinking of (at least not right now, since if I were to decide to add any new things that could qualify as loot, I would probably put them in chests too).

sfjsjfdls

Nov 13, 2021
I got a warning from windows defender that my pc might be in risk if I run the game, is it something I should be worrying about why it alerted me?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I got a warning from windows defender that my pc might be in risk if I run the game, is it something I should be worrying about why it alerted me?
Ignore it. Windows Defender gives that warning the first time you run any program from any developer who doesn't pay Microsoft money to be included on their trusted list. Defender is just another useless cash grab from MS.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes