Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
will there be more? they seem so rare I've yet to see one. Do they have CGs or are they just text descriptions?
There are CGs along with the text. For the full-blown sex, you can look in the Research Log to see if they can inflict the sex status. Some of them don't have associated text and CGs when they inflict that status, but look for any events in the log that have a hint that says "when the knight has above [X] Lust or the Charmed status". Those are the ones that inflict sex and also have scenes. There are also lots of other sexy scenes that don't involve the sex status itself.

Anyway, here's another set of notes on bugs/quirks/feedback from my latest run.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And lastly, Tweet Time!

Tweet said:
Going to start doing a (hopefully) weekly recap/preview thing of the stuff posted on twitter for supporters. It's the same images, but with more of me talking about stuff. Here is the first one!
Oh. Uh... Okay. *Twiddles thumbs while still too broke*

thinking emoji

F0ySGoXWcAQVVO5.png
...I would really, really like to have an actual answer instead of being left wondering.

An upgrade to how you upgrade skills ft. a buff skill for your buffs

F08ueV7WcAEiMWS.png
Ironically, this actually makes it harder for me to see the difference between the two. Being able to flip back and forth and see parts of the description change is a lot easier than reading the whole thing twice and trying to process where the difference is.

And perhaps more importantly, is making it look less abstract than it did in the intro look better or worse?

F1MVHoOXgAIP78m.jpg
Give me some quick and easy way to rewatch cutscenes without having to start a new run while remembering to uncheck "skip intro", and I might be able to tell you. I haven't actually seen the intro in... Oh geez, it's been almost a year.

From context, though, I'm guessing that's the dream that called the Inquisitor to the dungeon? I wonder if Melos (or perhaps Eschahn, if she's the true source of the dream) is urging us to go into the dungeon directly. Or maybe it'll turn out that the real source of the dream is something automated, rather than a personal mission given out by the goddesses. Of course, it could also just be the start of a more elaborate dream providing more details of the mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Med554!

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Oh. Uh... Okay. *Twiddles thumbs while still too broke*
Honestly I'd rather hear that you're choosing not to give me money (as many people choose) than hear that you don't have 3 dollars of disposable income.

Ironically, this actually makes it harder for me to see the difference between the two. Being able to flip back and forth and see parts of the description change is a lot easier than reading the whole thing twice and trying to process where the difference is.
I've actually looked into automatically underlining the differences between the two ranks, but doing it programmaticly rather than manually (which would require manually formatting every existing rank of every existing skill) is deceptively difficult with a lot of finicky edge cases.

Oh geez, it's been almost a year.
Tell me about it. With 1 version per month and we're on version 13, and that's only counting from the first release rather than when I actually started...

Well, I haven't been wildly successful but I'm still pretty proud of what I'm making and how things are going.

Also I actually don't think we're that far from moving into beta, as far as features go, for whatever that's worth.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Honestly I'd rather hear that you're choosing not to give me money (as many people choose) than hear that you don't have 3 dollars of disposable income.
I mean, it's a key part of a complex web of reasons that includes OCD and needing to draw a line in the sand or else it's not gonna end at just $3 (a month) for one game. (Plus some other things that I won't bring up here.) But it all falls under the category of "stuff that wouldn't be an issue if money wasn't an object".

But believe me, it's a much bigger deal than you might think to feel like I'm not contributing enough, as I've indicated in the past. And I definitely don't want to come across as just choosing not to support. To be honest, it just makes things more depressing to hit a barrier of entry that only exists because I'm not contributing enough elsewhere in life either.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Got distracted by some issues so there's a bit of a backlog, but it's Tweet ti-- Err... "X" time? What the fuck...?

X? said:
It's a big dumb spinny thing. Just like, close your eyes or walk away... No? Just gonna stare at it. Okay. Great.
F1gsOR8WIAEWnJl.png
If Eschahn could try to make her dungeon more accessible to people with sensory issues, that'd be great. I can tell you right now, watching that thing spin would be more stressful than hypnotic.

Nerd smiles at homework

F1mGN6BWIAA3BZn.png
Anyone who chose to lessen her curiosity in that one scene is a monster. Corrupting her is one thing, but I will not forgive anyone who tries to bimbofy Lucette.

This one's a video, so I can't just copy it here. Sorry if you can't see it through that link because you're not logged in or already saw your daily allowance of Tweets. It shows the sample images in the research log being zoomed in when you click on them. Featuring Elli taking a bath.

If only it were just that easy

F1_DXaOX0AAOwBs.png
So we can just dream whenever? Then there's more than just that one hinted at earlier. Could this be... The lore update? Or maybe just an excuse to show non-canon scenes with the girls. Or maybe we'll get to visit their dreams?

Also, will we have a dream journal that we can rewatch these from? Or maybe just include them in the story log that we still need.

Bluebies.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Update time!

L O R E

• Fixed being able to sleep during the second "Before Dawn" time slot when you only have 3 time slots remaining in camp.
Wait, this wasn't intentional? I thought the idea was to give us a way to trigger the "overslept" events at will.

Alright, time to check for bug-- And I already crashed. I got a new scroll (Flagellate), researched it, opened my research log back up, and that was that. I'm guessing it's related to this:

• The previously selected notes entry is now stored when closing the notes menu while in camp
    • When you research something the research subject will be automatically selected when you next open the notes menu.
Edit: It happens even without researching, so it seems to be the first bullet point there, not just the second. Open the notes, close the notes, open them again, crash.

Edit 2: The lore entry for Melos's magic also cuts off partway through.

Edit 3:
  • Fixed the slime room bubble event using the wrong event script and not displaying in the notes menu
You sure about this? I still only see three events in the Slime Room's list, and no "???". Hey, wait a minute... Weren't there four yesterday? I might be misremembering, but I *do* remember noting that they had no way of attacking if you didn't already have Gooey. I had a couple of notes from yesterday that I was gonna compare against today's update before reporting, but I might as well share them now since there's probably gonna need to be an emergency patch to fix the research notes crash (which is definitely a dealbreaker to people just starting out who have a lot left to research).

Edit 4: Some weird stuff happens at the end-of-floor screen with the compact UI turned on. I'm guessing it has to do with changes made to the top-right pullout, but I was able to make Raine use Spin Move on that screen. ...Oh god, she's still spinning!

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Wait, this wasn't intentional? I thought the idea was to give us a way to trigger the "overslept" events at will.
Nope.

Other stuff
I'll have a fix for the crash issue and the slime room shortly. I'll hold off on the other stuff for a bit.
Edit: If you're reading this, the above already happened. If you downloaded before 10:15 PM EST, you will probably want to redownload.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oof, found another bug that might warrant including in the emergency patch, if it's not too late. I was gonna hold onto this until I had an entire run's worth to report, but it's giving me a stack overflow warning literally every turn now.

Last edited:

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd pop in and say thanks for the FPS limit: makes the game run a lot better on my potato (I'm at 60fps and haven't noticed any choppiness from lowered framerate either).

prismatix

Apr 2, 2018
Bug/crash report: I can't research any skills or curses -- or rather, I can, once. If I try to open up the research notes again after researching a skill/curse, the game immediately CTDs. I started a new run, deleted my save data, deleted the AppData folder, deleted the game and re-downloaded it, etc. Still happens

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Bug/crash report: I can't research any skills or curses -- or rather, I can, once. If I try to open up the research notes again after researching a skill/curse, the game immediately CTDs. I started a new run, deleted my save data, deleted the AppData folder, deleted the game and re-downloaded it, etc. Still happens
This was a bug from the version that was uploaded within the first three hours of the latest update. Download it again and it should be fixed. It's still called version 14 instead of 14.1, but it should be the newer version without that crash.

Reactions: RedAce1942

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I like this game a lot but god does it keep crashing a lot for me while in the dungeon
Even in Alpha 14? Can you provide context for what you were doing when it crashed? The dev's usually pretty good about finding and fixing the bugs as long as you provide more info than just "I crashed", and a recent addition should be preventing any stack overflow crashes (giving you an error report instead), which were previously the most common type of crash. Anything that's still causing hard crashes should really be looked into.

Edit: Uh, hey, so I just noticed that Coraline's research log page doesn't exist when you first start the run. This means I can't rewatch her scenes whenever I want. Maybe that should persist between runs? Actually, if possible, it would be nice to be able to check the research log from the title screen instead of having to start up a game. Maybe that version can have everything available that you've unlocked, while the in-game one can be adjusted for your progress in that run.

Last edited:

Fray Myste

Jul 31, 2020
Even in Alpha 14? Can you provide context for what you were doing when it crashed? The dev's usually pretty good about finding and fixing the bugs as long as you provide more info than just "I crashed", and a recent addition should be preventing any stack overflow crashes (giving you an error report instead), which were previously the most common type of crash. Anything that's still causing hard crashes should really be looked into.
Currently downloading Alpha 14 to give it a try, got my fingers crossed

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
...Ah, there it goes again! Got a screenshot of the report thingie. Looks like it's something to do with masturbation? Yeah, it's happening every time Lucette's turn comes up while resting, and she's got Idle Hands. Man, this thing's gonna make finding the bugs a LOT easier.

...Okay, this is happening endlessly, every turn, even at camp. Apparently once the masturbation compulsion gets high enough, it just goes berserk.
This bug was already a thing in 13. I know I fixed it, but it got reverted somehow. Attached bugfix mod fixes it (literally the same bugfix mod as before), although there may be more coming out? Or a 14.1 for some of these other bugs you've brought up. Not sure yet.

Oh ALSO! It's worth pointing out you can doubleclick the text in the stack overflow popup thing to select all the text and copy paste it. I should probably add a button to put it into your OS clipboard automatically (I'm just assuming that Godot is able to do that but it probably can).

Thought I'd pop in and say thanks for the FPS limit: makes the game run a lot better on my potato (I'm at 60fps and haven't noticed any choppiness from lowered framerate either).
I wasn't sure if this was the right way to go about adding it, so this is good to hear.

...Okay, I think something's still up with the slime room. And maybe with the new spinny glyph room, too, which has no events in the research log. But I finally got gooped by a slime room's bubble, and there was no corresponding event in the log. There's another ??? event there, but I think it's actually one that I got in a previous version and was accidentally removed when you tried to fix the bubble event.
I hate this thing so much.

Of course, Lucette is also still the only knight to not have a proper sex scene with the Inquisitor, so hopefully this line of events will continue sooner rather than later.
Lucette's character archetype makes her the least prone to lewds by default. I've tried to counterbalance it a bit by always making sure to avoid making her appear as a prude, but yeah she does feel a bit harder to get into those situations. If you're talking about mind control based situations though, then the problem ends up being the inquisitor instead, where I still haven't decided on the best way to allow the player to specify their motivations/morals with regard to doing the brainwashings.

But I suppose Raine is also overdue for a "character development event".
Very much so.

Edit: Uh, hey, so I just noticed that Coraline's research log page doesn't exist when you first start the run. This means I can't rewatch her scenes whenever I want. Maybe that should persist between runs? Actually, if possible, it would be nice to be able to check the research log from the title screen instead of having to start up a game. Maybe that version can have everything available that you've unlocked, while the in-game one can be adjusted for your progress in that run.
I mean not having it appear at the start of a run is technically intentional (in that I know it's a thing and never felt the need to change it). The same thing actually happens with the Witch, you just never notice because she gets added in whenever you have magic.

I'll have to think about the specifics for what you're saying though.

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
This was a bug from the version that was uploaded within the first three hours of the latest update. Download it again and it should be fixed. It's still called version 14 instead of 14.1, but it should be the newer version without that crash.
I just downloaded from the mega link and I'm getting this crash. Which link should I use?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
This bug was already a thing in 13. I know I fixed it, but it got reverted somehow. Attached bugfix mod fixes it (literally the same bugfix mod as before)
Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe you forgot to incorporate the mod into the actual code. ...For that matter, I probably don't even need to download this mod, right? Just need to un-disable the mod from before that I just disabled, assuming it was no longer necessary.

Lucette's character archetype makes her the least prone to lewds by default. I've tried to counterbalance it a bit by always making sure to avoid making her appear as a prude, but yeah she does feel a bit harder to get into those situations.
I'm in no rush for any generic lewds myself, I was just keeping track of what "quotas" each character had and noted how Raine seemed to be the most well-rounded of them (a balanced number of sex scenes, curse scenes, character development scenes, mind control scenes, etc.), while Lucette stood out as the one with a large number of curse scenes but never doinking the Inquisitor. But with the recent additions of more characters development scenes for both Elli and Lucette, Raine is now lagging behind there.

If you're talking about mind control based situations though, then the problem ends up being the inquisitor instead, where I still haven't decided on the best way to allow the player to specify their motivations/morals with regard to doing the brainwashings.
Well, for Lucette in particular, things seem to be pretty well on track for even a relatively moral Inquisitor to have a moment of entranced intimacy with her. I just checked what happens in the latest scene if you choose to let her go, and holy shit, you managed to make the player feel bad about not brainwashing someone. And the current state of that arc has her trying to get her mind into the right state to pursue her studies, which would naturally lead to her asking the Inquisitor for help in guiding her thoughts. And as she begins to trust them and grow closer to them, she might directly ask them to help her overcome her inhibitions and make love to them. Of course, this is complicated by the fact that Lucette isn't supposed to know about the Inquisitor's mind control spell... Oh, duh! Old-fashioned hypnosis! She could acknowledge that while the Inquisitor could probably learn a spell to guide her mind, that would be heresy, but there's technically no law against simple non-magical hypnosis (that the Inquisitor is secretly backing up with magic). Then, as she grows more comfortable putting her mind in the Inquisitor's hands, things start getting... consensual.

As for the Inquisitor's morality, I kind of like the current direction of portraying them as a massive hypocrite. You can lean into that while leaving it up to player interpretation exactly how much of a hypocrite they are. Are they just making excuses for themselves, or establishing personal boundaries? When the player makes a specific choice, it can be acknowledged that they made that choice on purpose, and crossed that line because they wanted to, while still leaving it open for them to choose a more moral path next time. And of course, everything can be justified by the magic words: "There are worse things to be than a hypocrite." (After all, a selfish person who makes excuses for improving their own life isn't nearly as dangerous as a megalomaniac who embraces evil and sets out to corrupt the world - and that could very well happen if Eschahn isn't kept in check.)

Maybe the defining character moment for the Inquisitor is when they acknowledge their hypocrisy and embrace it - without overcoming it. "Yes, I want this. Yes, I sometimes take what I want. No, my morals aren't consistent. But that's okay. I'm me, and I'll decide which lines I'll cross." Come to think of it, I think Eschahn would respect that mindset. Or maybe it would confuse her in exactly the sort of way the villain should be confused by the hero.

(There's also the fact that any less ambiguous characterization, with multiple choices, would result in an absurd increase in the amount of writing involved, including rewriting existing scenes.)

I mean not having it appear at the start of a run is technically intentional (in that I know it's a thing and never felt the need to change it). The same thing actually happens with the Witch, you just never notice because she gets added in whenever you have magic.
Yeah, and it wouldn't have been a problem until now, since it now has two scenes locked behind it. As a stand-in for a gallery, availability becomes an issue.

I just downloaded from the mega link and I'm getting this crash. Which link should I use?
The research log crash? Strange, I would think the Mega link would work. Try .

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 25 Votes