2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Khroma

Coder/Programmer
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
F95Banner.png

Overview:
Are you interested in one of the best colleges in the country? Maybe you are interested in one of the best paid positions in a good company? Or are you just coming to visit the most beautiful places?. Then let me welcome you to Golden Leaf City, a prosperous city that gives oportunities to anyone who is willing to take them.
Golden Leaf City is based on a more futuristic world than ours, but not by that much so don't expect flying cars or completely functional androids.​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-23
Release Date: 2021-06-23
Developer: Khroma F95zone -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.4.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Please read Dev Notes before downloading.

DOWNLOAD
All: - - -

Golden Leaf SS (1).png Golden Leaf SS (2).png Golden Leaf SS(3).png Golden Leaf SS (4).png Golden Leaf SS(5).png Golden Leaf SS(6).png Golden Leaf SS(7).png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1670392

If this game is going to have any success, you have got to have a proofreader / editor.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
To help you with proof reading.

English doesn't say "in your feets" firstly feet is already the plural so remove the s. Secondly inside of your feet would be the flesh, blood and muscle tissue. So what you meant to say is "on your feet

the "hasn't touched anything" should be "haven't touched anything"

Mouth info says "lenght" should be "length"

This was all done just looking at the images on the opening post here.

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
Some stuff that i noticed when playing:
  • Energy doesn't rise when sleeping or relaxing (so can't make food), not that matter when eating also doesn't rise it...
  • Father's name is Set.Father (but can't insert it anywhere)
  • I take that masturbating isn't in game yet, as either sleeping or relaxing(/resting?) opens it
  • It would be nice to know how much does backbag take in... what now i found out that it seems that if you have multiple same items it doesn't matter as you can then take more stuff than if you tried to take more different items
  • Watching tv could give stats right after pressing what you want to look, and not after you stop looking.
At Character making:
  • Only females has nipple choices, and some reason normal and medium are describe as normal
  • Also females are only with breast sizes, that are limited to perky, normal, small and flat (more choises). If player would want to make femine male, could let least budding or/and small to male part.
  • Hair color choises would be nice
  • More Hair choises too
  • Bit weird that if you want to be small but not fat, you can't choose normal body type, but when taking toned you are skinny, Tall and Chubby= skinny... (Wait what? was my reaction) Normal+normal= Skinny. There are Normal+Toned= Good looking and Tall+Toned=Healthy.
I didn't look after typos or proof reading, as English isn't native to me.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
This needs a lot of work. Not just to fix bugs like having no way to restore energy but to iron out most of the tedium. It's not fun to have to click to leave the house, click several streets to find the grocery store, click the right aisles to find the food you're looking for, click all the way back home, click to put the stuff away in the cabinets, sit down on the couch and click to rest so you have enough energy to cook, click the ingredients to make a recipe, then click to the toilet and click to take a dump.

That's just padding. Most people would prefer that sort of energy be spent on exploring and finding things in the game world, not making basic maintenance things take dozens of clicks.

Reactions: playa2

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
This needs a lot of work. Not just to fix bugs like having no way to restore energy but to iron out most of the tedium. It's not fun to have to click to leave the house, click several streets to find the grocery store, click the right aisles to find the food you're looking for, click all the way back home, click to put the stuff away in the cabinets, sit down on the couch and click to rest so you have enough energy to cook, click the ingredients to make a recipe, then click to the toilet and click to take a dump.

That's just padding. Most people would prefer that sort of energy be spent on exploring and finding things in the game world, not making basic maintenance things take dozens of clicks.
Good news! You don't need to put stuff in cabinets when you come from store, you do need pick them from cabinets and if you don't have energy you can't put them back.

Khroma

Coder/Programmer
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
Hello! Thanks everyone for their feedback. It's odd that it gives an antivirus warning as it's just html and png.
Regarding the energy bug, found the solution I was missing and = inside the operation. It's already fixed in the hotfix.

Good news! You don't need to put stuff in cabinets when you come from store, you do need pick them from cabinets and if you don't have energy you can't put them back.
You can't put them back, whether you have energy or not. It's something that I tried coding but was too difficult with the old code for the kitchen stuff. In next update (0.2) it will be possible.

There is a map below the buttons when you are outside. I made it that to leave the house you need to get to the frontdoor so you can get to the garden. Made it this way because I didn't want to have a lot of buttons (more than there are of course hahaha). If you have any idea of how to optimize too many clicking I'm all ears :).

Some stuff that i noticed when playing:
  • Energy doesn't rise when sleeping or relaxing (so can't make food), not that matter when eating also doesn't rise it...
  • Father's name is Set.Father (but can't insert it anywhere)
  • I take that masturbating isn't in game yet, as either sleeping or relaxing(/resting?) opens it
  • It would be nice to know how much does backbag take in... what now i found out that it seems that if you have multiple same items it doesn't matter as you can then take more stuff than if you tried to take more different items
  • Watching tv could give stats right after pressing what you want to look, and not after you stop looking.
At Character making:
  • Only females has nipple choices, and some reason normal and medium are describe as normal
  • Also females are only with breast sizes, that are limited to perky, normal, small and flat (more choises). If player would want to make femine male, could let least budding or/and small to male part.
  • Hair color choises would be nice
  • More Hair choises too
  • Bit weird that if you want to be small but not fat, you can't choose normal body type, but when taking toned you are skinny, Tall and Chubby= skinny... (Wait what? was my reaction) Normal+normal= Skinny. There are Normal+Toned= Good looking and Tall+Toned=Healthy.
I didn't look after typos or proof reading, as English isn't native to me.
Thanks, fixed the energy rising. Eating rising energy will be introduced later (0.2) I don't know why I didn't think about this before hahaha.
the setup.dadname that appear was a mistake in the code. Fixed now.
The backpack has 5 slots. Didn't mentioned it anywhere as there isn's any inventory system per se. It will be expanded later at 0.2.
Forgot to add: Masturbation is currently indeed in the game, you just need energy. There is a button for it in the bed, the toilet and the sofa.

Regarding the Character making:
It was the first thing that I made when I started to make the game, so each gender having one choice or another was more of having the character creation working. Of course there are more sizes of breast, nipples, etc. But I didn't put them in the char creation because I wanted them to be like if you want them, then you need to pay a surgery or something like that.
Hair color it's nice, I had it in my list of things to add but never did for some reason. It will be at 0.2.
About hair styles, well I ran out of ideas of what others styles to add. If you got any specific style that you want send me a message :).
It was one of the first things that I made with the charc creation too, and yeah the bodyshape it's pretty odd even if I made it. I wanted it to be something but it turned out to be completely different, I will need to make that from scratch. If you have any idea of how to improve it, feel free to message me.

To help you with proof reading.

English doesn't say "in your feets" firstly feet is already the plural so remove the s. Secondly inside of your feet would be the flesh, blood and muscle tissue. So what you meant to say is "on your feet

the "hasn't touched anything" should be "haven't touched anything"

Mouth info says "lenght" should be "length"

This was all done just looking at the images on the opening post here.
Thanks a lot, english isn't my first language so writing all day exhausts me and reading it over and over each time I add something well I think I'm bound to make a lot of mystakes hahaha. Fixed them, thanks again!.

If this game is going to have any success, you have got to have a proofreader / editor.
I know, but if anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it.

Khroma

Coder/Programmer
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
grocery shopping & masturbation on sofa textual sim?
I think I didn't understand what you wrote but those are things that are currently in the game, it's the first version so I plan to add more things later.

This looks cool what arer your long term goals for this?
Thanks, expand the city a lot more, maybe even other cities or places that are far from the main city.
I want the game to have something like each hobby/major job/career has a main story. That working and studying have some kind of sinergy, so you may get a better job (if you have one) thanks to the career you are studying and that each career will have some kind of "missions" or things to accomplish. Maybe if I get a writer(that I doubt but...) that each class you see have some kind of interesting thing to learn or something like that :). Those are some of the goals that I can think of, perhaps in the future there will be more or maybe will change to a more realistic thing.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
Khroma Just spotted the project. sounds cool. One recommendation, in your custom story javascript make sure to include the line Config.saves.id = "golden-leaf" or whatever text you wish to use as the save id, maybe "glsave".
The only real rule for save IDs is that they must be all lowercase, and include hyphens instead of a space.
This one line, will save you a lot of trouble with savegame compatibility across versions.
And if for whatever reason you wish to break compatibility with saves, simply change the save ID, maybe "golden-leaf-v2" or "glsave2"

And if this breaks saves from V1, I am familiar with a method for modifying save games in order to change the save id. So should anyone wish to migrate their save. I can do so, though I can't guarantee migrated saves will work properly. Just message me if you wish to migrate a save.

Reactions: Khroma

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
There is a map below the buttons when you are outside. I made it that to leave the house you need to get to the frontdoor so you can get to the garden. Made it this way because I didn't want to have a lot of buttons (more than there are of course hahaha). If you have any idea of how to optimize too many clicking I'm all ears :).
In general you could cut way down on many of the maintenance tasks.

Like if you want to have a mechanic where you need to set a recipe and go shopping you should get a button to 'go the the store' as soon as you leave the house and then a button to 'buy all ingredients' at the store. And some of them, like needing to go to the bathroom, just flat-out aren't needed.

Then if there are going to be repetitious tasks like needing to clean you should be asking whether there's any benefit to it - like maybe as part of a dating mechanic for bringing someone back home, they'll be less 'in the mood' if the house is filthy or something like that - and then how to make it take less clicks. Putting in a chore schedule or something would cut down on tedium like that.

Just in general each thing should have a point, right now it just feels like a lot of unnecessary stuff that's there because it can be.

Khroma

Coder/Programmer
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
Khroma Just spotted the project. sounds cool. One recommendation, in your custom story javascript make sure to include the line Config.saves.id = "golden-leaf" or whatever text you wish to use as the save id, maybe "glsave".
The only real rule for save IDs is that they must be all lowercase, and include hyphens instead of a space.
This one line, will save you a lot of trouble with savegame compatibility across versions.
And if for whatever reason you wish to break compatibility with saves, simply change the save ID, maybe "golden-leaf-v2" or "glsave2"

And if this breaks saves from V1, I am familiar with a method for modifying save games in order to change the save id. So should anyone wish to migrate their save. I can do so, though I can't guarantee migrated saves will work properly. Just message me if you wish to migrate a save.
Thanks, but the warning was more whether I made a change in some of the main variables so probably this version won't have compatiblity with further versions.

Khroma

Coder/Programmer
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
In general you could cut way down on many of the maintenance tasks.

Like if you want to have a mechanic where you need to set a recipe and go shopping you should get a button to 'go the the store' as soon as you leave the house and then a button to 'buy all ingredients' at the store. And some of them, like needing to go to the bathroom, just flat-out aren't needed.

Then if there are going to be repetitious tasks like needing to clean you should be asking whether there's any benefit to it - like maybe as part of a dating mechanic for bringing someone back home, they'll be less 'in the mood' if the house is filthy or something like that - and then how to make it take less clicks. Putting in a chore schedule or something would cut down on tedium like that.

Just in general each thing should have a point, right now it just feels like a lot of unnecessary stuff that's there because it can be.
Of course, thats one of the things that I have planned about needing to clean the house affecting the mood or maybe giving an opinion to your date that you are lazy/dirty person, but cleaning the house isn't implemented yet and I want it to be that every 7 days you will need to clean your house or certains options are locked.

The problem with doing it directly like "set a recipe and it gives you an option to insta-buy it and get it at your door" is that you may lost idk any event(planned) that may be on the x street. And this is more of a problem because it's a 2d game with a sandbox feel of course and it isn't 3D if people seems the physical needs (the paper roll icon) is just tedious I'll delete it. I'll see how to "simplify" some buttons/mechanics.

Many of the things that are currently in the game are just foundations of each mechanic they will be refined developed further. Thanks for your feedback :).

Kinjiru

Sep 30, 2018
I'm all about a new sandbox game, I hope this continues development. Of course, right now it's barely even a preview at this stage.

Reactions: Khroma
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote