taihen_addict

Dec 6, 2016
Could a patron send a request to Eva Kiss, please? You can tell her it's your idea. Eva Kiss should take a break from game development for a few months to learn some python. It would make smoother scripting for later games as the game now has so many branches. It'd only branch out more and more. It's in the best interest for everyone that she takes a little break to learn something which would lead to even shorter update time in the future. Convey if you agree with me. Thanks!

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I offered her to help with the python part of her game already, so far no answer.

T

TMWSTW

Could a patron send a request to Eva Kiss, please? You can tell her it's your idea. Eva Kiss should take a break from game development for a few months to learn some python. It would make smoother scripting for later games as the game now has so many branches. It'd only branch out more and more. It's in the best interest for everyone that she takes a little break to learn something which would lead to even shorter update time in the future. Convey if you agree with me. Thanks!
"Hey person supporting the development of GGGB, please go tell Dev to stop developing the game for a few months. Thanks!"
lmao

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Yeaaah, I'm not doing that. I like my updates.

Reactions: IndigoHawk

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I don't know if EK will read this here. However, if you followed the thread and her patreon it is made clear that though she'd accept some help GGGB is her baby and first game and she wanted to finish it on her own.
It's her choice and i respect that, but her lack of know how in programming is costing her a lot of time...
She is forced to do a lot of repetitive tasks that could be replaced by little bit of code.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
It's her choice and i respect that, but her lack of know how in programming is costing her a lot of time...
She is forced to do a lot of repetitive tasks that could be replaced by little bit of code.
I think a better time would be between this and her next game or perhaps lessening the amount of content per update and doing it in her off time. She has consistently released updates with excellent amounts of content, I personally think she's got a good balance going so far. Also, she quit her job to do this full time, so I don't know that she could afford the loss of income that would be created by taking a few months off to improve efficiency, sure some would continue to support her, but way too many people (incorrectly) view Patreon pledges as transactional and not as supporting an artist.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Eva Kiss should take a break from game development for a few months to learn some python. It would make smoother scripting for later games as the game now has so many branches.
I don't think that better programming would make her much faster. By far most of the work is painting and writing dialog. Also what changes would make a significant difference. The game is strictly linear so her if-then's and jump label's keep the code readable. She could use some funtions for repeated actions, like dressing up Ashley and she could stop using 3 variables describing the same thing. But none of that would make up for a prolonged downtime.

And I doubt many of her patreons would be happy to pay for her learning to code. I'm not much of an expert for patreon (or coding for that matter) but I'd wager it's a bad idea to stop giving out regular updates. And she now depends on her patreon income.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
her lack of know how in programming is costing her a lot of time...
While it would make her code more readable, copy-pasting doesn't cost much time.

taihen_addict

Dec 6, 2016
Trust me, I await each new update just like any of you. But I learned the hard way that "with patience comes greater rewards". Since Eva Kiss doesn't want anyone else working on this game but herself, she should pick up scripting skills along the the way. She doesn't necessarily has to delay update for 2 or more months. If she delayed each update by 5 to 10 days and used that time to learn some python on the side, trust me, it's make her job and our fapping easier. The difference between one who is knowledgeable and one who isn't is like day and night.

Reactions: butterfresse

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
While it would make her code more readable, copy-pasting doesn't cost much time.
agree to disagree :)

Each and every time ashley is shown she has to test to see which ashley must be shown, that s a lot of tedious unuseful work, and each of the 700 pic in the game has been declared by hand, in each scene she needs to call the good/bad values.
Sure by itself it s not much but it could save her 1 day each month and keep her working on the good part : art and story instead of working on the tedious boring stuff.

And I also think that game is awesome and less boring work would bring more awesomness.

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
Updates are already monthly, it's not like we have to wait 2-3 months because the developer is struggling with coding or whatever.

Plus EvaKiss has said that she will hire a programmer if next goal is reached, so instead of looking for a patron to convey the message to her maybe it would be better to become one yourself and,not only say it yourself, but also help to achieve it. Just sayin' ;)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Definitely one of the best games on this Forum and with some unusual art. (Even if some art choices do not hit my tastes. Thug Eva is nice diversion from "Standard" Eva, but Thug Ashley...I grin every time I see her, because I cannot see her as anything but a caricature, sorry)
This game is even more thumbs up since it is the first game by Eva Kiss and considering that it is a first work with so many meaningful choices for the player, simply great.

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Additional scripting skills would not significantly improve GGGB or any other game Eve creates in the future. Currently the vast majority of her workload is writing, and drawing. So even if she managed to boost her scripting skills so that she spends 1/2 or 1/4 as much time scripting it would not help a whole lot. Between updates of working on it I would bet she probably spends 12-15 writing, 8-12 drawing 2-4 scripting. The scripting is the least time intensive portion of the creation. It's the most repetitive though, and probably the least fun.

Eva doesn't really "need" help in creating her game. She makes a better game by herself than most teams of creators. If she were to hire a team, I would prefer it that the team worked on either art, or scripting, and not touch her writing unless it was just proofreading. I think a talented artist may be of benefit to her projects if they are capable of mimicking her style of drawing, and a coder could definitely save time. However I'd hate for her to lose any form of creative control. The addition of an artist or coder could mean more images, and faster updates.

4.70 star(s) 383 Votes