Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
It's a critique dude, take it with a grain of salt. Never said this game was bad. Just saying- this game could be elevated if they just polished the art more. You didn't make this game, so what I said shouldn't even bother you.
Eva has done pretty well so far, doing what she's doing, so why does she need your critique/advice on art?
I know I didn't make the game. Neither did you.
Move on.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I didn't have any issue with the critique of the art, except for the "Art 101 man" comment. As someone who's gone well past art 101, we learn that basic form and space, including shading and perspective, are important to understand, but are not to ever be considered limitations on your artistic choices.

So, though I use shading constantly in my pencil art, I tend to eschew it for my computer graphics. Both are valid artistic decisions.

I find EvaKiss's art to be quite appealing. She is able to use repeated figure poses and facial expressions in a way, combined with situation and dialog, that doesn't feel repetitive.

I can respect anyone's decision to dislike any art style. In the case of this game, I don't agree with the critique. And, obviously, the popularity of the game suggests many others are happy with the style.

Defending my like of the game does not require me to disparage anyone else's views, though.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Heh. Not trying for one, my friend, just offering up some ideas from the other side. If you can find it within you to "handle" the art, this is one fine game to play through.

Either way, I enjoy the discussion!

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
I dont like the art and the lack of animations either, but the writing and all the choices the game gives you still make it an amazing experience. Just an opinion anyways.

Reactions: bosa43

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
@ , I'd like to introduce you to a little something called multi-quoting. Neat feature making it possible to quote multiple people in a single post, instead of making 3 posts in a row. You should try it out in the future.

Anyways, as always greatly looking forward to this months alpha update, should be dropping any day now right?

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
No offense but I really think some of you are asking for a bit too much yeah the art isn't the best but it's pretty good to me especially considering how consistent the updates are. I'd rather have Ok art and the game come out every month with various new scenarios rather than wait 2-3 months for an update with amazing art but just a few new scenarios.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
If I reall correctly in the first FAQ Eva Kiss said that the art style was a consciouss choice, a compromise between appealing drawings and enough simplicity that she could produce a ton of them quickly enough for each update, plus the writing and coding. I think it works really well, it has a classy vibe and vibrant and saturated colors that make it quite appealing to me. The lines are really smooth and the colors are subtly shaded, that becomes even more apparent when you compare it to other drawings similar to these like those aberrations from Life of Kiki. Seeing other wannabe artist fail tremendously at this art style make sme think it's not as easy as some think, or everyone would be using it instead of Daz renders.

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
is there any other good game like this with corruption? :)
tnx
You've probably already played them but the two trainer games witch and princess trainer are pretty good not many choices but there's a bit of comedy in there and some customization so they're both really good

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
If you're going Witch Trainer, hit up the "Silver" mod. It has more content and been visually enhanced. Not a game like GGGB, but as bosa says, funny stuff.

4.70 star(s) 381 Votes