Dec 31, 2017
For some reason I am missing a "Training with Macumba" CG (The second picture of the Main Character gallery). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it and it's the ONLY ONE LEFT. Somebody plz help my OCD dumbass.

altair321

Apr 23, 2018
Here is a mod that allows you to replay the game's H scenes rather then just watching the CGs.
It even comes with a unlock gallery button for people who just want to cheat ;)

Install: Extract into the game folder

Works for version 0.4.3 of Extra Life
Does this return as error for anyone else? Using a JoiPlay

Arlondale

Sep 28, 2020
Alright, here is my guide on how to make the hints function work for all of the areas where hints aren't enabled:

Step 1.
Backup your game logic files (.rpyc files). If you still have your latest .zip of the game, you can use that instead.

Step 2.
Install unren.rpyc into the game folder and run the game once with it. This will make the game generate a bunch of decompiled .rpy script files that we can modify to change the game's internal logic.

Step 3.
In the text of the .rpy files in the subfolders of your \game\scripts\screens\ folder,
Code:
replace all instances of:
    if hidden_places[location][*insert number here*] and not money_found_here:
        button:
            area (

with:
    if hidden_places[location][*insert number here*] and not money_found_here:
        button:
            if current_scene:
                add "hints" at hint_rotation
            area (

Step 3a.
If you have Notepad++, you can automate this process by typing:
Code:
Ctrl+F (Find in files)

Find what:
] and not money_found_here:
        button:
            area (

Replace with:
] and not money_found_here:
        button:
            if current_scene:
                add "hints" at hint_rotation
            area (

Filters: *.rpy

Directory: [the path to your copy of Extra Life]\game\scripts\screens\

Check Match Case
Check In all sub-folders
Check In hidden folders

Search Mode: Normal

Press the Replace in Files button
Make sure the Find and Replace sections contain all the multiple lines of these code blocks before running the operation. If they don't, paste them into a .rpy file currently open in Notepad++ and then immediately cut them back out again before pasting them into the Find and Replace sections. That did the trick for me. If that doesn't work for you, change the Search Mode to Extended and replace each new line of each code block with \n so that each of them is one line of text.

I'd also suggest a second Replace in Files operation afterwards, changing the Search Mode to Extended, and replacing all instances of \t (the tab character) with four spaces ( ). The reason: RenPy DOES NOT LIKE tabs, and if it sees any tab characters in the game's code, the game will just not run at all. Notepad++ has a habit of automatically inserting tabs into files whenever you write new lines with it, so better safe than sorry.

Step 3b.
The only downside to Step 3/3a is this: The way the translation of this game is set up is so particular and stingy that editing these files will kind of fuck it up. You will see the characters speak a mix of English and French everywhere. So don't do this until you've unlocked all the areas in the game.

Step 4.
Once you've clicked all the hidden cash caches in the game and unlocked cheat mode, you'll need to remove all the files you edited in order to make all the dialog one language again. Save your game if you haven't already. Now delete your \game\scripts\screens\ folder completely, then reinstall it from your backup/.zip from Step 1. Then the game should function normally again.
For the life of me, I can not figure out where to find this unren.rpyc thing you mentioned. Tried this, and it didnt do a damn thing: https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/

Feb 14, 2019
Pretty good game so far, how much is there exactly? I've gotten the job, haven't bothered talking to the chefs daughter cause idk if he really docks my pay, I've maxed out training both strength and endurance, I had Noriko blackmail me(she said if she whistles I gotta come immediately, so far nothing has happened except her getting jealous of other girls), the milf has been sleeping with me now she's topless(is there some progression? Is it tied to story or gameplay or stats or just sleeping enough with her?), I also seem to be ok the corruption path with the tomboy(I'll play it out but is there a love path cause tbh corruption isn't my jam but I've gone far enough to get a bj so I'll finish it I guess), also anything come from not standing up to the asshole bullies? Not into NTR stuff really but I was wondering if it's a "fake choice" cause I remember trying to be nice to Noriko on like day 1 and the game said I shouldn't have antagonized her? Oh, and does the plot line with your "best friend" go anywhere? Kinda uhh...wack implications but hes like a fucking cunt so I hope we can ruin his life but on the other hand hope it doesn't get too dark theme-wise...

Reactions: Yoheijin

niconeitor

Aug 16, 2021
Pretty good game so far, how much is there exactly? I've gotten the job, haven't bothered talking to the chefs daughter cause idk if he really docks my pay, I've maxed out training both strength and endurance, I had Noriko blackmail me(she said if she whistles I gotta come immediately, so far nothing has happened except her getting jealous of other girls), the milf has been sleeping with me now she's topless(is there some progression? Is it tied to story or gameplay or stats or just sleeping enough with her?), I also seem to be ok the corruption path with the tomboy(I'll play it out but is there a love path cause tbh corruption isn't my jam but I've gone far enough to get a bj so I'll finish it I guess), also anything come from not standing up to the asshole bullies? Not into NTR stuff really but I was wondering if it's a "fake choice" cause I remember trying to be nice to Noriko on like day 1 and the game said I shouldn't have antagonized her? Oh, and does the plot line with your "best friend" go anywhere? Kinda uhh...wack implications but hes like a fucking cunt so I hope we can ruin his life but on the other hand hope it doesn't get too dark theme-wise...
not much in terms of sexual content, i think its only about 3-4 scenes, all routers included

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
How do i even give Macumba the mp3 walkman? He's not at the park or anywhere at all. Game said to give it to him at night so i guess i need to progress time from evening to night? but i have no clue how to do that.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
did you really get the walkman? afair, you can only pickup the walkman at afternoon or night

this is the step ... might be wrong because I type this from memory :

you search your room for walkman -> couldn't find it -> ask sister -> sister ignores you -> you turn off wifi -> while sister mad trying to fix wifi, you enter her room -> [story a little different depending on your routes] -> as it turns out the walkman is with your mother -> you go to mother and ask about it -> she says she just put it on your bed -> then you can pick up the walkman in your room

Reactions: sonhot

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
did you really get the walkman? afair, you can only pickup the walkman at afternoon or night

this is the step ... might be wrong because I type this from memory :

you search your room for walkman -> couldn't find it -> ask sister -> sister ignores you -> you turn off wifi -> while sister mad trying to fix wifi, you enter her room -> [story a little different depending on your routes] -> as it turns out the walkman is with your mother -> you go to mother and ask about it -> she says she just put it on your bed -> then you can pick up the walkman in your room
Thanks man! Silly me forgot to actually pick it up from the room.

jiheishouggnore

Oct 6, 2020
I have some sort of bug where my game thinks story lines are progressed more than they actually are. For example, the ramen shop saying I've gotten the job and need to wait a few days upon my first visit to the shop. Also other quest lines seem to act as though I've already progressed past steps and thus not triggering vital scenes. I'm not sure what to do as I've tried deleting the game files in roaming as well as the saves in the game folder but nothing seems to fix it.

Anyone know a fix or have similar problems?

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well?
The time is going by so fast it's getting frustrating. A lot of progress has been made in the last few days. Improvements for you as well as for me.
I want to share with you my progress as well as the mistakes I have made and how I am progressing to correct them, this is my way of thanking you for your support and maybe my mistakes will be useful in some way.
The first thing that will make my life easier is to finally use Git for versioning extra life, it was not the case before(shame on me). I was keeping each version like it was a treasure but the more time passed, the more difficult it became to find my way around.
Today, I make all the modifications I need, I send it on the repo and when I come back the next day I know exactly what I modified, it's just magic.
In terms of security, some things will change, during the month of March, I noticed that some devs were using extra life assets without authorization for their own games. This kind of thing may happen more in the future and I can't monitor everything that others do.
From the next version, it will no longer be possible to extract the game archives, everything will be encrypted in a different way from other Renpy games. Unren type utilities will not work anymore. These changes will be transparent to you, but a beta will still take place to make sure that everything works correctly for everyone.
There will be a new survey in April about Chiaki, so things are going to get interesting so don't miss it. Should Chiaki become lewdable?
Oh, one last thing, there is still some content left with Asami, so you will be pleased to have a little update in April.
And the best for the end, the announcement of a new game in a few days.
Take care of yourself, thanks to all of you who help to finance this project. I am certainly repeating myself but without you, this project would be nothing.

PS: And my birthday is on April 20th :p

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well?
The time is going by so fast it's getting frustrating. A lot of progress has been made in the last few days. Improvements for you as well as for me.
I want to share with you my progress as well as the mistakes I have made and how I am progressing to correct them, this is my way of thanking you for your support and maybe my mistakes will be useful in some way.
The first thing that will make my life easier is to finally use Git for versioning extra life, it was not the case before(shame on me). I was keeping each version like it was a treasure but the more time passed, the more difficult it became to find my way around.
Today, I make all the modifications I need, I send it on the repo and when I come back the next day I know exactly what I modified, it's just magic.
In terms of security, some things will change, during the month of March, I noticed that some devs were using extra life assets without authorization for their own games. This kind of thing may happen more in the future and I can't monitor everything that others do.
From the next version, it will no longer be possible to extract the game archives, everything will be encrypted in a different way from other Renpy games. Unren type utilities will not work anymore. These changes will be transparent to you, but a beta will still take place to make sure that everything works correctly for everyone.
There will be a new survey in April about Chiaki, so things are going to get interesting so don't miss it. Should Chiaki become lewdable?
Oh, one last thing, there is still some content left with Asami, so you will be pleased to have a little update in April.
And the best for the end, the announcement of a new game in a few days.
Take care of yourself, thanks to all of you who help to finance this project. I am certainly repeating myself but without you, this project would be nothing.

PS: And my birthday is on April 20th :p
I'm surprised, I was disappointed that Chiaki wasn't lewdable but I adored the game for its lovely artstyle and narrative. Though it make sense when it is stated that the game is inspired by Japanese anime and manga. It's great that RNGeusEX is atleast considering Chiaki. Whereever the creative direction goes though, I have confidence in the developer.

4.10 star(s) 179 Votes