Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
As much as I can understand your reason -- I would advice every single creator to not do so.

Why? Because I've seen this in so many other threads where "update-only" files are available, that the majority of users is unable to follow the most simple instructions on how to use those update-only files or they are just not "good enough with computers" and will screw up their game installation.

As a developer, you want to keep it as simple as possible for users to play your game:
download, extract, run​
And not
download, extract, copy-to, overwrite, run​
For me,How compress this economy a lot of time,without wasting time on compress webm

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
To enable cheats, of course.
I already thought this might be what you're trying to "achieve".

Well, you probably just spent way more time trying to "cheat" the game, making posts about "URM crashing" and "Why is there Macumba everywhere" than it would have taken to actually find all the money. But hey, as long as your proud and and happy about your "achievement"... ;-)

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Is there sex between MC and girls happening in this game without the girls being sexually interested on MC?
There's one specific part with one character that's more forced. It's not very deep or far yet, so if you want that content in particular I would look for a different game.

Since it was roughly 2 lines, and you're continuing discussing it, I think you DID read it. You just don't like adressing it head on.
But if you prefer playing stupid, let me elaborate:
-Protagonist looks like an edgy 12 year olds ideal of a man, and his motivation is to "get revenge on those who wronged him".
-The women seem like unreasonably mean thundercunts to a comical degree.´, like the author doesn't like any women.
-The whole "Older guy goes back to fix his life" which practically screams "author has unresolved issues"
The whole thing just screams Incel powerfantasy.

Now, that was my initial impression. But often there is more to a game than the description and attached pics. So I was asking if my first impression was innacurate, because I'm willing to game this game the benefit of the doubt, since the art is admitedly excellent.
I get what you mean with the revenge, I was concerned that it would be too mean spirited, but that wasn't the case. He mostly just tries to fix his own life. At least so far revenge didn't really come into it. And the older guys life turns out to not have been simply not getting laid or something like that, but pretty much a nightmare in general and not just for him. But I don't want to go into detail and spoil things.
I don't know where you get all the women being thundercunts from. From the Noriko (The younger redhead) screenshots? She is a tsundere, but so far the only one and she mellows out fairly quickly. Some of her routes are probably what would most fit into revenge, though. There's three basically. Mc subs to her, Mc doms her or the blackmail route. Both sub and dom are consensual, so not really revenge. Blackmail is more forced. But you have to choose that route yourself, so its optional. And neither of her routes go very far atm.
Concerning the protagonist, I don't really see the edge you describe. He just looks like an anime protagonist. Bit generic, true. But not really edgy.

Also: Maybe chill a bit. This game has been in development for quite some time now. People don't read the description or look at the screenshots multiple times if they already played the game itself. At least not very often. Just because someone doesn't know what you mean when you say that the description sounds incel-ly, doesn't mean that they are playing stupid. I had the same concerns concerning the revenge that you had when first playing it and I couldn't have pointed out what you meant by incel-ly either.
If they had wanted to not adress what you brought up, they would have simply ignored you. That they asked you to elaborate means that they just wanted to help you and needed more information.

Last edited:

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Has there been a mod or something that highlights the clickable objects in the background for the money?

Game looks like it could be pretty good, but after collecting all the money on the first four (4) backgrounds I've decided that this isn't worth my time the way it's currently constructed.

It's not that finding the money would be all that hard, but it is a complete waste of everyone's time. If a game doesn't respect my time, then why should I bother playing it or even consider giving this dev money?

Is there any purpose to that system except to act as a gate for cheat codes? Surely, those codes could have been gated in a more natural way that would have unlocked through game progression from the player.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Has there been a mod or something that highlights the clickable objects in the background for the money?

Game looks like it could be pretty good, but after collecting all the money on the first four (4) backgrounds I've decided that this isn't worth my time the way it's currently constructed.

It's not that finding the money would be all that hard, but it is a complete waste of everyone's time. If a game doesn't respect my time, then why should I bother playing it or even consider giving this dev money?

Is there any purpose to that system except to act as a gate for cheat codes? Surely, those codes could have been gated in a more natural way that would have unlocked through game progression from the player.
Theres a button on the righthand side that highlights the objects. Doesn't work on backgrounds that got introduced just this update though.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Theres a button on the righthand side that highlights the objects. Doesn't work on backgrounds that got introduced just this update though.
Yep, that does show a sparkle highlight where all the money spots are. Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Why are you saying "No" if the feature is built into the game? There's a button that highlights all the spots with a sparkle.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Why are you saying "No" if the feature is built into the game? There's a button that highlights all the spots with a sparkle.
Let me quickly quote you: " If a game doesn't respect my time ..." -- maybe you should actually SPEND some time to learn how a game works before making such a stupid statement. Because if you HAD spend some time READING the text in-game, you would have seen THIS at the very start of EVERY new game:

1662830174901.png

Unless you clicked "I don't care!", but then I can't help you anyways.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
So the art looks great... not a fan of the ill fitting random Japanese names and it crashes with URM, but then noticed the game has it's own rename function, which is nice (but would be better if that popped up straight away)...

But why on my very first set of choices are some of them already locked?... is the game that barebones? 1662834138468.png

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Trying to find money parts has gotten ridiculous cause your pretty sure you know the damn location but the fucking point is so fucking tiny that you end up fucking clicking all around it and never finding it.. Fucking stupid that it's so fucking tiny.. the one in the restaurant is so damn hard to see even when you finally can use the hint it's around her damn hair and if you don't click exactly right you end up triggering dialogue with her.

Another area even with the damn hint the point is still fucking hidden. Seriously make the fucking touch point larger it's a damn joke right now.

Other than that enjoying the game but this last episode from 0.5.2 to 0.5.9 had almost no new content.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
  • I'm an "all-around dick" to people who tell the devs what a game should do ("respect my time") instead of taking their time playing it.
  • No, I'm not against constructive criticism.
Providing opinions on what the game should do to appeal to the player more is constructive criticism. In this particular situation at the very least it indicates the game currently does questionable job informing the player, if they "have to take their time playing it" to learn something they're rather find out sooner.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
But why on my very first set of choices are some of them already locked?
Hey Seagal -- look, another question that has been asked and answered probably 20-40 times already.

Here's my attempt to help but also educate (and being an "all-around dick" again) instead of posting the exact same answer over and over and over again...

1662835326568.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Providing opinions on what the game should do to appeal to the player more is constructive criticism. In this particular situation at the very least it indicates the game currently does questionable job informing the player, if they "have to take their time playing it" to learn something they're rather find out sooner.
I disagree. I personally don't find "respect my time" constructive, hence my snarky reply. And by "taking their time playing it" I just meant play and read the tutorial (in short: RTFM). If you skip it, or didn't pay attention (because it's "just a tutorial, why bother"), don't get mad if you ask something too obvious later.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Hey Seagal -- look, another question that has been asked and answered probably 20-40 times already.

Here's my attempt to help but also educate (and being an "all-around dick" again) instead of posting the exact same answer over and over and over again...

View attachment 2036047
Well I'd already searched the text in the choices, and multiple things like "choices locked", "choices grayed out", "choices unselectable" ... and it returned nothing helpful... if questions are asked 20 times then that's kind of an indication of something that should be mentioned in the OP.

So the answer to my question is just, "yes the game is that barebones", cheers.

4.00 star(s) 186 Votes