4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
When starting the program (with wine) it works, but when starting the game I get a black screen.

Is anyone (or you) running it on Linux successful?
Works fine for me with WINE 4.0. Have you tried to install PlayOnLinux? The only issue I have is the input box not working properly. You can enter text but you can't see it. Fortunately, it only appears a few times in the whole game (e.g. enter the (C)Lara name).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
When starting the program (with wine) it works, but when starting the game I get a black screen.

Is anyone (or you) running it on Linux successful?
Which distro/version?

Which version of wine?

Maybe cold_arctus can help
Works fine for me with WINE 4.0. Have you tried to install PlayOnLinux? The only issue I have is the input box not working properly. You can enter text but you can't see it. Fortunately, it only appears a few times in the whole game (e.g. enter the (C)Lara name).
Works out of the box. Tested with Wine-Staging 5.4. Dialogue box also works fine.
My specs:
Wine-Staging 5.4
Ubuntu 16.04
IntelHD 4600

PlayOnLinux is abandoned.

1584813884179.png

Jul 9, 2017
For some reason, when using Michel Mak's saves, i have no dialog. I just see "- [arrival-25] or similar , ie the ID of the dialog variables in the code, instead of the dialog. Anyone know how to fix?

DashRaider

Dec 25, 2019
The Mac version says it can not be opened. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Sometimes when you open a zipped file, the "mono" folder will not be copied. You can see reporting "Fatal error. Failed to load mono". The solution is copy the "mono" folder additionally to the open game directory folder. But this works with Windows. I don't know on Mac. I just thought, maybe it's a similar problem.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Works out of the box. Tested with Wine-Staging 5.4. Dialogue box also works fine.
My specs:
Wine-Staging 5.4
Ubuntu 16.04
IntelHD 4600

PlayOnLinux is abandoned.
Can confirm it works now for me. Sometimes I have issues with clicking & window focus, but so far it's playable.

4.70 star(s) 149 Votes