RandomCPU3

Apr 8, 2018
Still in progress (hopefully), the translator is doing it for free in their free time. Good things take a while, but to be honest, I would understand if the translation is in hiatus.
It's very high quality so I understand the burn out and him stopping if he did. While I am patently waiting for more, I am just happy we got so much of the game with such a good translation already.

RandomCPU3

Apr 8, 2018
I'm still working on it fairly consistently, no hiatus or anything. This next part is absurdly large though and my pace has slowed significantly, so it's still a ways off from release.
Very awesome to hear. No rush at all. It's actually funny to think as when the game was with the Machine Translation I just kinda skimmed or skipped a lot of the text but replaying it they really do start getting very long with more and more scenes.

Rectifier07

Oct 12, 2020
I can't get the trader scene, when I go at night it says nodiiton daytime, but in daytime, there is no such option

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
I put everything in this thread together. Seems to work fine.

Edit: game sometimes breaks during last (?) dungeon with the doppelganger mobs. Its still playable just be careful.
Edit2: game sometimes crashing in 2nd dungeon when those Evil Wizard (i think they're called) cast their spell.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

stonefred767

May 15, 2023
Figured I'd make an update on things since there have been a few developments. The big one is that the dev announced in his blog a few weeks ago that Grace will be receiving an official translation, but not from Kagura, likely because he wasn't satisfied with Zeven taking five years to get translated and released.

This puts me in an awkward spot for a few reasons. The obvious one is that it doesn't really make much sense to work on something that'll be overshadowed by an official release in the (I assume near) future. Although my main reason for starting this was to practice my translation skills, the aspect of translating something that hasn't been translated also factored into my decision. Another thing is that, from my understanding of things, Kagura is like the only decent publisher for these kinds of games. The dev didn't say who the publisher was, but I can definitely imagine a world where Otaku Plan shits out a translation for this game in 8-12 months time and it scares me a little bit.

So I've got a decision to make. I'm leaning toward shelving the translation for now and maybe just editing/retranslating the official release when it comes out if it's bad/censored, which is a practice you see commonly in the VN and anime communities. In the meantime, I could work on the dev's new game, he put out a trial version that's basically the first two sections of the game so that'd give me like a 40 scene head start on its release. Or I could work on some shortish games that aren't likely to get an English release anytime soon. In any case, I'd like to hear some feedback/suggestions before really committing to anything.

Nov 14, 2020
Figured I'd make an update on things since there have been a few developments. The big one is that the dev announced in his blog a few weeks ago that Grace will be receiving an official translation, but not from Kagura, likely because he wasn't satisfied with Zeven taking five years to get translated and released.

This puts me in an awkward spot for a few reasons. The obvious one is that it doesn't really make much sense to work on something that'll be overshadowed by an official release in the (I assume near) future. Although my main reason for starting this was to practice my translation skills, the aspect of translating something that hasn't been translated also factored into my decision. Another thing is that, from my understanding of things, Kagura is like the only decent publisher for these kinds of games. The dev didn't say who the publisher was, but I can definitely imagine a world where Otaku Plan shits out a translation for this game in 8-12 months time and it scares me a little bit.

So I've got a decision to make. I'm leaning toward shelving the translation for now and maybe just editing/retranslating the official release when it comes out if it's bad/censored, which is a practice you see commonly in the VN and anime communities. In the meantime, I could work on the dev's new game, he put out a trial version that's basically the first two sections of the game so that'd give me like a 40 scene head start on its release. Or I could work on some shortish games that aren't likely to get an English release anytime soon. In any case, I'd like to hear some feedback/suggestions before really committing to anything.
Personally, I think it would be great if some smaller, untranslated games could get a decent translation since they tend to fly under the radar. But that's just my personal opinion. With any luck, this official translation will be of good quality, but you never know.

Regardless of what comes next, I think you've done a great job so far on translating this game, and I'm sure many others can agree that we appreciate all of your hard work.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019

Sounds like putting it on hold to pick up other games is reasonable. I'd second picking up shorter games that are unlikely to be translated. Always a shame when those just get a basic MTL that detracts from story or other parts of the game. Or no translation at all.

Reactions: stonefred767
3.90 star(s) 29 Votes