Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Wow I'm gone for several hours after my two cents about whether Melissa is alive or dead and I see all this stuff mostly directed at HP. How did we get to that point?

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Dragon1982 ; we just messed a bit around, all in good and wholesome tone, as we allways do I'm sure that HP doesn't take an offense ;)
nothing is serious about the nonsense we wrote !

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Maybe his sister Lisa is alive after the crash.
It was a deliberate choice i reckon for the dev to specify that her body was never found and it seems to be on the MC's mind. My wacky theory based on my own head canon is Tanya is in fact his sister all along and neither of them realise it (with crash being so rough she lost her memories and was raised by others as she would had no identification on her).

Her resemblance to Nana has been remarked by several characters a few times - now do not get me wrong, i am miles behind with the story (i will get back to the game eventually, it is a good game but the sloooooooow burn with almost all the MAIN love interests means i am content to wait till we get the good stuff before diving back in) so this might have been officially debunked but her having the family resemblance so strongly is likely because she is in indeed family. It might also explain why they had such a strong bond and still had such a connection despite breaking up and being so far apart.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
The main reason people continue to believe Melissa is alive is simply that MoonBox went to the trouble of noting the her body wasn't positively identified in the crash.

There's a couple of factors here:
  1. Standard clause to allow a character/actor to come back to a role in a soap opera. I mean, they have ways of working around it, but those tend to stretch the suspension of disbelief even in those environments. If the people in charge believe there's a good chance the actor will choose to return eventually, they may well have the writers set up such an ambiguous demise.
  2. Chekhov's Gun Principle: if you mention a gun in Act I, it must be used by the end of the play. Why go out of the way to leave the possibility open like that, if he didn't plan to (at least possibly) do something with it down the road.
Unless MoonBox chooses to tell us his thought processes, we won't know if he put it in for no reason whatsoever, or to allow for a possibility he may not have made his mind up on, even now. Or, for that matter, something he has made it up on by now (either way - if he's lying about it, it's for our own good, like a kid's parents lying to them about Santa Claus).

I think Moonbox may have planted a number of seeds he may never choose to harvest. A possible example: the MC's thoughts lead us to believe Allison got a boob job while he was gone; however, I don't think that has ever been confirmed. That could be there for multiple reasons:
  • To explain the MC having sexual feelings towards her now.
  • For there to be a sign that something is wrong with her (or was, like she was facing breast cancer, had a double mastectomy, and then had reconstruction).
  • She didn't have a boob job; she's a test subject in Priya's trials, and her breasts enlarged as a side effect of the fertility treatment.
  • Something else I haven't thought of.
Now, when we're bored we can all talk about how Allison could maybe wind up pregnant the first time she goes all the way with the MC, instead of dwelling on Melissa! :)

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
It was a deliberate choice i reckon for the dev to specify that her body was never found and it seems to be on the MC's mind. My wacky theory based on my own head canon is Tanya is in fact his sister all along and neither of them realise it (with crash being so rough she lost her memories and was raised by others as she would had no identification on her).

Her resemblance to Nana has been remarked by several characters a few times - now do not get me wrong, i am miles behind with the story (i will get back to the game eventually, it is a good game but the sloooooooow burn with almost all the MAIN love interests means i am content to wait till we get the good stuff before diving back in) so this might have been officially debunked but her having the family resemblance so strongly is likely because she is in indeed family. It might also explain why they had such a strong bond and still had such a connection despite breaking up and being so far apart.
The "Tanya = Melissa" hypothesis has at least one storytelling-based reason not to be true - if you passed on Tanya, you presumably wouldn't see that part of the story. If Melissa does show up, and if she becomes an LI, I'd expect her to bump the M7 to M8.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant
3.80 star(s) 286 Votes