RPGM Gravity Files [v1.02] [CritBlix]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Suncatcher42

Aug 12, 2019
Got about fifteen seconds in, checked the menu, and hit a [TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined] crash.
Check the forum to see if anybody mentions a patch or fix, start with the changelog on a whim, first line is "- Added first quest." In the v1.01 build.

Version 1.0 of a piece of software is supposed to be the point at which it is complete. Maybe it lacks bugfixes, refinements, or additional content to be added in post-release updates, but it should be whole. This isn't a release. This isn't even a beta. I hesitate to call this an alpha test. This is the kind of think that most devs would show as a 'hey guys I was thinking of starting a new project and wanted to see what people thought about the idea', except apparently it's the sole product of four years of work since the ren'py version was cancelled?

So I pop over to their patreon page to see what else they've been up to in that time, and... there's seventeen image posts. Spread over four years. A small collection of static sketches every three months, on average. For which you're expected to pay 5-10$ a month, in the hopes that they will somehow, someday, magically transform into a playable game.

How the heck does this have 4.5 stars?

Reactions: energy_relay

cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
Got about fifteen seconds in, checked the menu, and hit a [TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined] crash.
Check the forum to see if anybody mentions a patch or fix, start with the changelog on a whim, first line is "- Added first quest." In the v1.01 build.

Version 1.0 of a piece of software is supposed to be the point at which it is complete. Maybe it lacks bugfixes, refinements, or additional content to be added in post-release updates, but it should be whole. This isn't a release. This isn't even a beta. I hesitate to call this an alpha test. This is the kind of think that most devs would show as a 'hey guys I was thinking of starting a new project and wanted to see what people thought about the idea', except apparently it's the sole product of four years of work since the ren'py version was cancelled?

So I pop over to their patreon page to see what else they've been up to in that time, and... there's seventeen image posts. Spread over four years. A small collection of static sketches every three months, on average. For which you're expected to pay 5-10$ a month, in the hopes that they will somehow, someday, magically transform into a playable game.

How the heck does this have 4.5 stars?
Maybe everyone just loves Gravity Falls, I find the game currently okay, storytelling is somewhat bland and simple. I know the game is in W.I.P, but the scenes are still not fully rendered, there was no music and hell, the second floor got me laughing cause of how its so rushed!

I thought that this game can't be finished cause of the short game, incomplete renders. Really weird to see the game is in 1.0

Apr 2, 2018
This game even hard name as alpha version. 2-3 minutes gameplay and not any sex scene. Oh and without coloring sprites.
Gravity Whores
much better

energy_relay

Jul 16, 2023
I'm using Linux and running the game under WINE.
Every time I opened the game, an error message "Failed to initialize graphics" would show up.
Turns out I had forgotten to install vulkan drivers for my graphics card :FacePalm:

I'm posting this to help other stupid users like myself.

MEMEACCOUNT

Jul 27, 2020
I'm using Linux and running the game under WINE.
Every time I opened the game, an error message "Failed to initialize graphics" would show up.
Turns out I had forgotten to install vulkan drivers for my graphics card :FacePalm:

I'm posting this to help other stupid users like myself.
there's seldom a need to use Wine on MV/MZ games like these, you can almost always run the game natively by downloading NWJS and copying the files over.
in the case of MV you move over the "www" folder and the "package.json" file over to the NW installation and it works.
with MZ you copy the "index.html" and "package.json" files and the "audio", "css", "data", "effects", "fonts", "icon", "img" and "js" folders. (pretty much every folder besides "locales" and "swiftshader" since those are already bundled with NWJS.)
I rarely run into a game that doesn't properly work with this method, only one I can remember recently is Final Orginity where the videos don't play properly.

Reactions: energy_relay

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Seems more like a short demo for now. Will wait to see how this pans out but parody games tend to take forever to make and usually have a high chance of getting abandoned. Theres also Lewd Falls if anyone's interested in a different Gravity Falls parody game.

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
That's great!
Very juicy Mabel and Wendy :love:
The map design is also very well liked. What's missing is music (please, not mainstream free shit from youtube) and sounds.
Good luck to the developer, I hope the game will not be abandoned!

p.s. highly approve of the RPGM choice! :cool:
p.p.s. It would be cool to see footjob with Pacifica...

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Seems more like a short demo for now. Will wait to see how this pans out but parody games tend to take forever to make and usually have a high chance of getting abandoned. Theres also Lewd Falls if anyone's interested in a different Gravity Falls parody game.
Yeah, another "fantastic game" that gets an update once in a blue moon and is as little buggy as this one.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes