3.60 star(s) 10 Votes

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
pff there are really people that pay every month to play a pre alpha 0.1 of games that will most likely be abandoned
and now that money farming patreon adds some kind anti piracy to put in their "early access" crap:ROFLMAO:
shit some peoples have too much money...

(makes me think about starting my own patreon and see how much money i get but i'm too lazy for this shit):cool:

decker out;)

Reactions: atur and almanak
May 2, 2018
So after using the Growth patreon patch I can't connect to certain things. Says things like steam is unavailable, and when I first got on firefox it wouldn't work, said proxy server wasn't working. I disabled proxy use on firefox but still can't get to other things. I only ran the thing once, how do I remove it from my computer?

Edit: After closing out the game you still need to manually close the proxy. I closed the game because I thought this was a giant heap of flaming dogshit for a game and didn't think to shut off proxy.

Last edited:

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
thinks dev changed gears and made the game pleage to play ie pay to play

Ordvig

Apr 20, 2018
Good explanation, that's pretty much it. After seeing how fragile this patch is I started focusing on the fiddler attack vector again.

Attached to this post you will find my GrowthRPG Launcher that will spoof the patreon response. The idea is that you put the GrowthServer.exe in the \X64\WindowsNoEditor\ folder, run this launcher from there.

Once you start the launcher, a system proxy will be set up temporarily. All HTTP requests from the check will now be tunneled through this app to spoof the correct data. The game will launch and you must now click on the Patreon button. An unlock window should appear. Click it and the check will be successful. The next time you start the game through this launcher, you will skip the button and it will go directly to the menu. When you are done playing press CTRL+C in the console to exit the proxy.

.NET Framework 4.6.1 is required to run the launcher. You'll also find the source attached to this post in case you want to compile or extend this yourself.

PS: the 0.1.5 version I downloaded still showed 0.1.4 for me in the menu. Bug?

Cheers,
I got scared shitless as I thought I broke my router, none of this furry shit ever again (for real you're amazing but a mini heart attack made me rethink my life choices)

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
I got scared shitless as I thought I broke my router, none of this furry shit ever again (for real you're amazing but a mini heart attack made me rethink my life choices)
Sorry for that!

I know the user experience is not the best, sadly. Having to use a custom proxy to redirect all traffic (but only altering the one from the game) is far from optimal. In this case, however, it's one of the more reliable approaches to this patreon nonsense. Hopefully I can find a way to only redirect the game traffic in future versions without a system proxy.

Cheers,

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
Wait a minet! He just downloaded that game and now his have furry ads? Or what?
Sorry for that!

I know the user experience is not the best, sadly. Having to use a custom proxy to redirect all traffic (but only altering the one from the game) is far from optimal. In this case, however, it's one of the more reliable approaches to this patreon nonsense. Hopefully I can find a way to only redirect the game traffic in future versions without a system proxy.

Cheers,

Mastajimbo55

Aug 1, 2017
hello is anyone else having problems using the items that boost a single stat permanently. my character wont use them after i use them once. is this a currently know bug?

D

Deleted member 220033

sounds like a repeat of a previous version bug where u couldnt use the essence after awhile but that was due to scaling issue that time atleast i think it was

Last edited by a moderator:
3.60 star(s) 10 Votes