• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Guest House [v0.1.4] [Soft Whisper Games]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Since I'm a less experienced than some of the other devs around here, I may want go ahead and get a few kinetic novel updates under my belt and see what's possible in the long run. I could certainly create variables to allow players to skip certain content, but this could cause issues if I'm not careful. I may have to focus on just getting my story out there and begin developing specific routes later in development.
Generally, skipping content usually indicates that whatever is happening is still happening, but the player doesn't see it.

It's not a good idea to make controversial content skippable: Those who don't like it will hope they can avoid it (that is, it doesn't happen) and those who like it won't skip it. Except in very rare cases, it's including an option that no one is going to use.

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Generally, skipping content usually indicates that whatever is happening is still happening, but the player doesn't see it.

It's not a good idea to make controversial content skippable: Those who don't like it will hope they can avoid it (that is, it doesn't happen) and those who like it won't skip it. Except in very rare cases, it's including an option that no one is going to use.
So you'd recommend letting the user disable something entirely at the front of the game, as opposed to using a choice menu to skip over it when the scene is about to appear?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So you'd recommend letting the user disable something entirely at the front of the game, as opposed to using a choice menu to skip over it when the scene is about to appear?
In general, if someone doesn't want a scene, what they want is for it not to happen. Skipping scenes can work for some things, but it's not a good method if the scene contains fetishes or LIs that someone who wants to avoid it doesn't like.

To give a clear example, if there is a femdom scene in the game, whoever doesn't like femdom will want that scene not to happen in their game, being able to skip it and have it happen off-camera will not be enough and in many cases it will bother them just as much as if they had seen it.

In any case, the exact way you achieve this depends quite a bit on the type of game and the circumstances. If you think that you are going to have a lot of fetishes that people may not want and you see that giving the option to deactivate them at the beginning of the game is going to make it easier for a more or less large part of the players to be more comfortable with the game, then go ahead with it . But that won't necessarily help when it comes to people who don't want scenes with a certain LI. In that case, the best method may be to let the player indicate if they like that LI at some point before starting to have scenes with them. Although it would also be a good option to have the option to avoid scenes individually before they begin.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
A nice good start, looking forward for the next updates.
Soul, South Korean -> Hot girls.

I like the Idea of MC being the western guy coming to Korea and already banging the milf.

Reactions: Soft Whisper

OLD7TaZz

Jun 17, 2019
A nice good start, looking forward for the next updates. please can you take the white back ground off or and least give the option to turn it off thanks.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
This update was really short, the previous update ended with the MC in the room and this one ended with him leaving the room, come on.

I still like the game, I see potential for a fun game in the long term, but short updates like that aren't interesting, it was so quick that I'm more disappointed than excited by the update.

Reactions: Mcknobz33

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
This update was really short, the previous update ended with the MC in the room and this one ended with him leaving the room, come on.

I still like the game, I see potential for a fun game in the long term, but short updates like that aren't interesting, it was so quick that I'm more disappointed than excited by the update.
Players who enjoy larger content updates may want to download chapter updates instead of monthly updates. Chapter updates will be labelled 0.1.0 - 0.2.0 - 0.3.0 - 0.4.0 (Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4) ... Small updates in between (0.1.1 - 0.1.2) are mostly for my patrons and followers to see that I'm in active development and making good progress. This will be a lengthy process considering the software being used, but 23 new animations in the 24 days since release is hopefully considered acceptable progress. I've only taken one day off since launch and will likely continue this pace. My next goal is to finish version 0.1.2 by Christmas. The upcoming update will finish the day out after some additional scenes with Jiho and Hyuna.

Last edited:

djmastamine

Jun 15, 2020
love the game... i thought the new update was going to be more .. i could remember the last update i was fucking the landlord already

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Players who enjoy larger content updates may want to download chapter updates instead of monthly updates. Chapter updates will be labelled 0.1.0 - 0.2.0 - 0.3.0 - 0.4.0 (Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4) ... Small updates in between (0.1.1 - 0.1.2) are mostly for my patrons and followers to see that I'm in active development and making good progress. This will be a lengthy process considering the software being used, but 23 new animations in the 24 days since release is hopefully considered acceptable progress. I've only taken one day off since launch and will likely continue this pace. My next goal is to finish version 0.1.2 by Christmas. The upcoming update will finish the day out after some additional scenes with Jiho and Hyuna.
The girls are hot af and the game seems interesting, but 33 renders per month is a tiny amount compared to other devs. It'd prob take 10+ years to finish a game at that pace.

Reactions: LordSinner

Deadmanvs1

Apr 5, 2019
The girls are hot af and the game seems interesting, but 33 renders per month is a tiny amount compared to other devs. It'd prob take 10+ years to finish a game at that pace.
Most devs don't do small update unless they do monthly. Most game update at 6 month or more intervals with a few exceptions faster than that. Those are usually dev teams or devs that solely work on the game a nothing else.

I'm keeping an eye on this to try later.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Did I do an okay job writing the intro? Since it's early on, I didn't add any choices. I wonder if that tag is turning some people off the game. I haven't decided what direction I'll take the project in the long run.
First off, great job on the girls. I'm not a huge fan of Asians in an adult game as most devs just use generic models and yours look amazing. I was just here to ask about future tags, until I saw 'kinetic novel'. I'm going to have to pass on this, despite the sexy girls you've crafted. I wish you well.

Valanathar

Aug 4, 2022
Im in in this game, it looks, amusing, and entertaining, but... i have a little question, is it me or the names given to the girls are inspired on K-Pop Girl Group artists?, whoever, i've look at this game close. Good Job and hopefully you will enjoy creating for us.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes