Ren'Py Guest House [v0.2.2] [Soft Whisper Games]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Do you want me to delete everything after Chapter 1 and revert the game back to a kinetic novel?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
just getting into this..and at the part where the group all go to some boring fucking temple and Hana starts rambling on and on and on about the history of the place..seriously..WHO GIVES A FUCK??? you can't move the story a little quicker without a fucking history lesson about some fucking temple that no one gives a flying fuck about.. geez man, this is supposed to be a fucking sex game set in Korea where some lucky asshole gets to fuck a house full of hot korean honeys. who gives a fuck about your fucking temple..rant over..for now.
Doesn't anyone have anything positive to say? I worked really hard on researching the history and making it feel like an authentic exchange trip. :cry:

Reactions: m3lee and DrFree

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
You don't say? Jeesh, one dude told me to off myself. I never imagined the development of a free game for the enjoyment of others would result in someone telling me to KMS.
View attachment 3789305
like Tiger i have yet to play the update, 0.1 was fine by no means something to claim its the best thing ever ,or the worst ..but its hard to judge before you've put out like 2-3 updates..

that said i wouldn't not find this comment a proposition for you to kill yourself or him killing you, as the subject in this comment is the VN and how he sees it was just text and wants more lewds or renders in general
(also he said you twisted his words.. meaning there was some back and forth going, hard to judge something if you in a personal argument whit the guy based on a single reaction off his)

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
I politely confronted him on his review being inaccurate. It seems pretty clear cut to me. That's not an okay way to talk to someone.

Last edited:

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Nice animations :) Fun game (y)
Tho it looks like the f95 version is missing a scene (locked stuff in the gallery).

Reactions: Soft Whisper

infernoK

Dec 17, 2019
My game kinda skipped the shower scene after the baseball bat event. I noticed it when the gallery still have it locked. :/
Any idea why?

6string420

Jan 23, 2023
Just so there's no more mixup on what this "sandbox mode" is, I'm going to post some screenshots and explain why it's a side feature. When you start the game, you have two options:

View attachment 3789586

If you say launch the main story, you play through my 1 hour story and are bored because it's not that long yet. So you go back and say "Take me to the Guest House" thus activating sandbox mode. It's a non canon, casual feature that's meant for one purpose: TO FAP. Alright, cool. Now that we're on the same page and everyone understands why I've implemented this, I'm ready to show off a bit more.

View attachment 3789615

You lurk into your favorite character's room and press "Let's talk." Once you've held the CTRL key to skip through all the girl's talk events (there's like 5 somewhat decently written talk events per girl), you can ask her to be your girlfriend. She'll agree because I coded her not to have free will. A new menu will pop up that lets you to view various POV adult animations.

View attachment 3789605

BOOM, sexy dancing lady! It's really simple and doesn't distract from the story. Go to the next girl, repeat. Once you seduce everyone, you begin unlocking harem group-sex and more fun animations that will be extremely easy for me to add further along in development.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alright, we good now? We all calm and enjoying my hard work? Great, I'll deliver it as soon as I can and go back to working on the rest of Chapter 2.
Damn, that looks awesome, and I think it's a great idea. I don't think I've seen that option like that exactly. It would also be more interactive, and therefore more enjoyable than just a standard Replay Gallery. It depends on it's implementation into the game of course. But, you seem to know what you're doing. So, I have no don't it will be great, and make this great game even better and give it something that would distinguish it from other games. This is up there with my top 10 for sure. So, try not this listen to the naysayers too much, keep doing what you're doing. What's important is you enjoy doing what you do. When,when you have got that satisfaction of a job well done. All the naysayers in the world can't break your spirit. Because you and them know they're wrong and most likely they can't make anything even close to what you done.

Clair de Lune

Dec 18, 2020
just getting into this..and at the part where the group all go to some boring fucking temple and Hana starts rambling on and on and on about the history of the place..seriously..WHO GIVES A FUCK??? you can't move the story a little quicker without a fucking history lesson about some fucking temple that no one gives a flying fuck about.. geez man, this is supposed to be a fucking sex game set in Korea where some lucky asshole gets to fuck a house full of hot korean honeys. who gives a fuck about your fucking temple..rant over..for now.
That's way too fucking much, dude. Chill the fuck out.

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
You don't say? Jeesh, one dude told me to off myself. I never imagined the development of a free game for the enjoyment of others would result in someone telling me to KMS.
actually i aptly quoted an old english idiom that dates in published works as far back as 1670 in a book of famous proverbs.
one of the Bronte sisters famously used the same proverb. no threat was made or intended.

i apologise for my use of the english language and any offence it has caused. i have served the ban you had issued and will now remove the review you took offensive umbrage to.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
actually i aptly quoted an old english idiom that dates in published works as far back as 1670 in a book of famous proverbs.
one of the Bronte sisters famously used the same proverb. no threat was made or intended.

i apologise for my use of the english language and any offence it has caused. i have served the ban you had issued and will now remove the review you took offensive umbrage to.
I note you didn't share the idiom for us to all read...

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Agora mesmo
All sandbox talk events are in place and I've finished 3 of the 6 girl's animation sets. I've already rendered about half of these as well. Hoping I can get this update done in a timely manner. Will keep everyone updated.

Jhon27

Jul 24, 2024

23 minutes ago

So I've finished up most of what I originally intended for 0.2.1. I just have to render out one more animation for each of the five girls. However, I'm polishing up a features before release, so please bear with me while I do some quality control. I think everyone will quite like this update so long as they don't mind the sandbox features. There's no main story being added just yet, but I'll get to that in 0.2.3. The upcoming 0.2.2 update will focus on further expanding the # of available animations in game.

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
So, the next update won't include much story content since it focuses on sandbox features. I'm a little anxious about 0.2.2 since a few f95 users expressed their concerns regarding the game mode, but I'm hoping everyone is okay with what I present. I did my best and find it enjoyable to play through since there's a number of exciting adult scenes. One thing to note, all but one sandbox event is located on the 2nd floor of the Guest House. Sex animations and 1st floor content will be added in the next few updates. Upcoming main story events will be captured in full 3D (just like the intro). However, talk events will make use of 3D sprites to speed up development. Certain quests have the generic "this content is still in development, check back later" disclaimer. Hopefully that's fine as a temporary placeholder. I plan to implement this content ASAP. As a special gift for your patience, I plan to post the premium version of 0.2.2 on f95 (just this once). Please enjoy interacting with Sue Nami, an exclusive Patreon character.

Last edited:

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I let it accumulate updates and finally played this one, some observations:

I know that “Landlord” is not incorrect, but it really looks weird since “Landlady” is usually used when it's a woman, again, I know it's not incorrect, but I would prefer Landlady.

And for me, who's not used to Korean names, it's been really hard to identify who's speaking when in a scene with a lot of girls, I know that with time I'll get used to it, but I played it now and I only know who Ms. Kang, Sue and Sujin are.
I comment on this because I know more and more characters will be introduced.

I don't like “Side Images”, but I missed it here.

There's a small problem during the transition to animations, a solution would be to use this:
(I found this solution a long time ago, I don't know if it still works.)
Code:
How it is:
image hana_cowgirl_4 = Movie(play="videos/hana_cowgirl_4.webm")

How it could be:
image hana_cowgirl_4 = Movie(play="videos/hana_cowgirl_4.webm", start_image="FirstFrame.webp", image="LastFrame.webp")

The white theme is still here, that's never good; The “textbox” and “quick menu” seem to have been made with mobile in mind, on the PC it was too big, I think I've seen something similar before, but I still prefer a cleaner screen.

And finally, I really hate the sandbox, I don't even know if I saw all the content of the update. (According to the animations in the “videos” folder I really haven't seen all the scenes, but I don't know how to continue.)

The clickable character during the sandbox was terrible, they just float there, I think you should have used a rendered “scene” like any other, and then a simple “hover” over the character, at least you already did the hover.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes