Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
0.20 Version small update is also released now.

1. The load menu should be now correctly visible in the game menu. Thanks greenarrow25
  2. Few anchors have been shifted to fit better wider screens.
  3. Internal refactoring of the opening options screen.
  4. The better sorting order of canvases to improve assurance that everything will order correctly.
  5. Check out also previous update!

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
Other than double-clicking to skip the text-writing animation. Not now. I can add that feature though
please do if you have the time, i read fast so its annoying having to wait for the text to come out to read and double clicking sometimes just skips to next dialogue because the text was short and you cant rollback and the history tabs a little annoying since the new text is at the bottom requiring you to scroll down

Reactions: Hikkeiru

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
please do if you have the time, i read fast so its annoying having to wait for the text to come out to read and double clicking sometimes just skips to next dialogue because the text was short and you cant rollback and the history tabs a little annoying since the new text is at the bottom requiring you to scroll down
I will add it to my to-do. As for the history tab version scrolling to the last text is fixed already in the later version.

Reactions: AMereShadow

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Did the thread get bumped for some QOL changes and proofreading with no new content? Afaik public went from 0.13 to 0.15 which means it's not qualified for a bump I think.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Did the thread get bumped for some QOL changes and proofreading with no new content? Afaik public went from 0.13 to 0.15 which means it's not qualified for a bump.
all those updates are only fine-tunings but not really any gameupdates!?
I heard that the barrier of two weeks is more important. Since the uploaders don't play the changes and can't estimate what in the game is QOL and what crosses the boundaries of QOL to actual changes. So it has to first pass 2 weeks and then 'signify changes'.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I heard that the barrier of two weeks is more important. Since the uploaders don't play the changes and can't estimate what in the game is QOL and what crosses the boundaries of QOL to actual changes. So it has to first pass 2 weeks and then 'signify changes'.
Pretty sure the rules only apply to two weeks AND new content. Changing things like the HUD or adding a content warning screen isn't content. You can ask a mod if you'd like but I believe the bumping is limited to every two weeks with actual content added so that the "latest updates" catalogue isn't filled with bugfixes and other minor changes. Also just in my personal experience you are the only dev I've ever seen to bump after non-content changes. You need to, at the very minimum, add an event like the Corrupted Kingdom dev who coasts by every week by adding small events. This is less than that. Plus you're kind of conditioning us to see your game in the catalogue and associate it with no added content. If I see any other game in the catalogue it means there's new content but that doesn't apply to this game.

• Now clicking when text is scrolling, you finish the sentence instantly. Thanks you for this request.
  • Save timer notification now disappears way faster. Thank you for this request!
  • Mouse trail now follows cursor faster and more closely.
  • Fixed silent error when checking for version. Thanks to @MrBlasyMSK
  • Settings now load when reopening the game.
  • Shorter frame freeze of previous video frame.
  • Videos color coding has been changed for better support by unity engine.
v0.14
  • More story proofread
  • Adding content warning screen when entering the game due to request
These are the changes from 0.13 to 0.15 and there's nothing even close to resembling new content. Nobody's gonna install the latest update for the sake of bugfixes and menu changes.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
add an event like the Corrupted Kingdom dev who coasts by every week by adding small events
What's that exactly? I want to understand what is he doing weekly.

I understand that you feel this way and thank you for providing a detailed answer. Yet if the mod that I asked and the uploader that updates the link are gonna decide that it's not enough then I won't just get a bump. I'll leave myself to the mercy of them. Yet I have to buy myself some time since those changes may appear like 2-minute fixes yet because I am coding the engine from scratch I need more time to do some updates and internal changes. Well, either way, thank you for taking interest in the game even though if there are no changes in 0.15 yet.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
What's that exactly? I want to understand what is he doing weekly.

I understand that you feel this way and thank you for providing a detailed answer. Yet if the mod that I asked and the uploader that updates the link are gonna decide that it's not enough then I won't just get a bump. I'll leave myself to the mercy of them. Yet I have to buy myself some time since those changes may appear like 2-minute fixes yet because I am coding the engine from scratch I need more time to do some updates and internal changes. Well, either way, thank you for taking interest in the game even though if there are no changes in 0.15 yet.
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-17-8-arcgames.31912/
This is the thread and if you check latest updates you can see the size of each update. He's doing one every week but I think you only need one every 2 weeks.

Idk what you mean by "buying yourself time" I know that from the looks of it this game is going to take months between any real content getting released because it's focused on quality over quantity and that's fine but I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure it's not legible for a bump. I think most people would rather only see the game bumped with new content rather than ghost bumps where no new content is actually being added.

Reactions: asoltet

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
StoreSScarry.png

Version 0.21

Continuation of the story, where you venture with your companion and take a new decision on the journey.​

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes