Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Yep android 13
There is a bug currently with this scene on some devices with 13/14. I'm literally fixing this right now. Although it may be a bit delayed for those devices since I cannot reproduce it on my machine and only depend on a tester with this device, which is temp afk.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexSteller

AlexSteller

May 30, 2022
There is a bug currently with this scene on some devices with 13/14. I'm literally fixing this right now. Although it may be a bit delayed for those devices since I cannot reproduce it on my machine and only depend on a tester with this device, which is temp afk.
Ahh okay, thanks for your time

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Sooo, whenever I overwrite a save is it just going to continue putting them below?
You overwrite the slot on manual tab. This is to make sure that there are some backup saves for better version compatibility. You can delete the ones going below.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Bloody typical. Just my luck...

non linear hard to tell, probably other than bonus supporter event.
That's a bit lacking for a 0.56 version. Unless this is actually a 0.5.6 version.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
For people getting confused how versioning works, here is a playground:

You can change version number and click run.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
ubira
Herro.

Firstly, Thank you for playing the game!
I couldn't get on your dms since you are protecting yourself from other users, don't understand why, so sending it here.

You are right that most of the story right now is hard to take seriously, when there is not much more serious content.

I'm planning to slowly expand on this, yet I'm trying to do my best with the coding and writing at the same time. Therefore the pacing for those events is a bit slow-ish. (although is a big story update incomming soon-ish).

You are also correct that mc is often looking like an idiot and or he acts sometimes 'chaotic' let's say. This is done on purpose as I wish to try develop the MC in a way where the more into the game, the more he/the player can have choices where by comparison it will be more easier to see the growth of the character.

Unfortuantely I couldn't show it yet as much because it would look really cheap if pacing would be too fast.

At the same time I would also like to point out that I want to avoid a situation where EVERY of the choice will have positive consequences. Often (especially sex game) devs do this.
Yet I wish the game to have consequences to the actions. I want player to choose the wrong choices, and then be plesantly suprised by the result, dissapointed etc. Having only positive ones in games, where there is no ability for player lose in funny, weird, way etc. is just very cheap in my pov. I'm a believer that the wins will feel more enjoyable when there is a possibility to have conequences for those choices.

I wanted to tickle the player's comedic side, I achieved it to some kind of degree (based on that thankfully some people allow me to continue my endeavour for this game). I also expected that it could run the other way too far. ( Especially when the MC is designed in this way at the start for the effect). Some players would experience it sooner, some players later. Why this happens...well, I'm sure we can have long discussion about that, but rather off topic.

This is why in my view main stream games are often leading to making blank main character because otherwise even dialogue line said as a kind of joke, player can interpret as 'looking like an idiot'. I want to avoid 'paper' MC as it renders him bland this way in many ways. It's safer approach for sure, yet I do think often those games lose a bit of value because of this approach. I think we both can agree that sometimes to make someone laugh and spread some joy, you can put on a 'silly smile', which is different that actually being an idiot or other person thinking entire persona is an idiot.

"As the developer already said on the page, our MC protagonist will not be particularly interested in any girl, so I suppose he will always use every girl he finds in a pathetic way as he always does, His personality is one of those capable of giving a girl a pie in the face and still leaving laughing."

Could you please explain what you mean with this? I'm not sure to what you are referring here.
I would like to point out that one isn't causation of the other, but rather correlation that some players could make.

The game is harem, but having multiple love interest doesn't force automatically in my view that he will try to use all the time girls for only his 'negative (or other ways someone would want to call it here)' purposes or in general only use them.

"As I'm a more serious guy, I couldn't get too attached to the game or the characters, since I like to get involved in role-playing and be immersed in the game as if I were the protagonist, feel like I'm in history."

While I couldn't completaly do that for you yet, I hope the way the game will continue and the more choices/ story will be put in the game I could develop a story in a way that will show the mc's growth and the players like you can also enjoy how they shape the mc and be able to immerse themselves more with time into them.
The player just arrived into the town therefore displaying all the relationships would be too fast of an approach and the relations would seem more fake than they need to be.
If you meant something else by role playing here I wish you also expanded on that.

"the girl in the store treats MC like trash for no reason at all (unlike the other girls who really have a reason to treat MC badly for having an idiotic attitude towards them), the tsundere guard is worse than a 5 year old kid picking on him for anything , the girl from the guild just seeing the MC for the first time already wants to marry him without even knowing his name, the girl in prison will soon arrive sitting on the MC's dick in the blink of an eye"

Since it is a development game and where I wanted to make player feel like they are being part of the town. I needed to develop more characters without first pushing their stories.

Therefore while I have prepared a reason while i.e. Emilly is very harsh towards MC. because it's not yet in the game and I don't want to rush the pacing I also couldn't currently avoid players perspective like this ;/
Like I also pointed above I don't want player to win at every first occasion. It would be very cheap.

" if the game at least put humor in the right moments, at the right time and made the characters care about each other, maybe I would care about it too from my perspective as a player."

I hope that with more story those moments where for now seem very chaotic will be shaping the game which in players perspective will be satisfying. Where I also hope the way the story is developing will be satisfying also for me. As the MC will grow with the player, the story and it's relations also grows with it.

"a game that I'm interested in in the medieval RPG quest style, if you've played any medieval RPG with quests, guilds and missions, you know what it's like, and I really like that,"

I'm also working on expanding on this as player progression is very important for me, although it's still cooking. Some of the parts of the gameplay I'm still trying to decide which route could be better way to approach some parts of progression, so if you could say a few words on which systems or which parts of those system you think are satifying for you/the player, I would appriciate any references.

While I am not saying that I will do everything like people say, I am saying that I am trying to constantly learn to get better at understanding others perpective which is also part of being a better game dev. I would appreciate any further clarification.

" what attracted me to the game initially was the unusual quality of the game, seriously, that incredible rendering must have taken a lot of work "
Thank you for your kind words.
I'm writing to you in the first place, because I care about longevity of the game and obviously it's good reviews.
It does take long, I use my art skills at this also (like the self drawn map). I often use something more than only take a render for the effect. The splash at the top ie. is made by taking 4 different animations, chroma keying it for transparency, applying different particles, gradient maps, value changes, vingenttes, animating them for each of the layers. Just to make this nice render. I'm planning to post a long technical post sooner or later for details about it.

Thanks again for playing,
With love ❤ ~

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
There is so many "sleep-sex rape scenes" I start to question the sanity of the game creator.
lmao. It's mostly because I am forced to put sex early, and also thats why there are choices so you can avoid those scenes ^^
Thanks for playing

4.10 star(s) 21 Votes