Unity Guilty Force: Wish of the Colony [v0.6] [Team Guilty Force]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
The versions of the game on Steam and other stores except itch don't have gallery cheats embedded, that's only for Patreon and Itch.io versions. This was done specifically because of Steam refund policy (to avoid people quickly watching whole content and then refunding the game) and it was discussed with my publisher before going there. You can google about how huge the issue with refunds is for indie devs on Steam. If you bought the game on Steam, GOG, etc. and you need a version with gallery cheats - pls provide some verification of the purchase to me in direct messages on Discord and I will send an activation key to itch.io version to you. Also, you can contact me at darkexecutor2 (at) protonmail.com for it.

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Darkexecutor has spoken about the fact that having to pay an artist for so many animations, possibly combined with the small number of sales, made the game economically unviable. The 3d models were a method for him to be able to cut costs. I'm not saying it's good, but our friend has to eat somehow. Though I'm aware that probably just raises further questions.

Incidentally, Darkexecutor, did you want to be a game developer full time? Are you, at this point?
I'm fulltime dev, but that's only because I live in a poor country, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep this. I had to take side projects to survive though, anyway. As for the art style - I saw the complaints on Steam, I read the reviews, despite I don't control that account. My short answer is: when any NSFW Patreon game loses original 2D artist, there are three options - 1) Abandon the project and start a new one, because finding artist to keep everything within the same style is very difficult even when you have budget, and when you don't have it - it will not work; 2) Invite other artist and hope that people will not notice several different art styles in the final game. Some famous Steam games did it, I don't like this way; 3) Scrap existing art and try to mimic existing art to some point where you can finish the game to some point.

I chose option 3, because I care about final product. And keeping the style with 3D is very easy compared to what I had to do with 2D. I already covered the costs of custom NSFW 2D art in this thread several pages ago, and these costs became only larger with time. There is the fourth option - training AI on existing art style, and etc., but this is a gray area, and it might not work out technically.

Best of luck to the developer with his sequel. The 3D models look like they were lifted from a really old Illusion sandbox game. I understand wanting to keep costs down by not having to commission 2D art but I can tell you right now it WILL drive away potential customers.
Thanks. I picked visual style of the base models for the ladies that I liked the most. People have different tastes, not everyone is into DAZ/MMD/other 3D model styles, I can't satisfy everyone and that is okay.

Monke43212

Feb 23, 2024
Is 0.625 the latest version full save? pls any one! i need one
Don’t have full save, did find this tho

Edit: not sure if it’s the full version, I checked and couldn’t find any more animations, but did also have a save from the other gallery download, so could be my save interfering with it, not sure. Let me know if it’s the same for you.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes