Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Reactions: MrBenny

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Gunpower Cocktail [0.3.0 Part] Compressed (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux/Mac (1.96 GB/ 375 MB) : ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Yeah, this crusade against NTR already discouraged many Devs from developing on a fetish they enjoy, remaking games without it, removing it or even abandoning their games alltogether.

Wish there was more safeguarding for the devs choices, be it a game wiht NTR or free from it, so that flaming comments from both sides would just get terminated instead of being allowed to stir up drama and have the devs run away from the toxicity of this forum or all the above.
its not the crusade but more financial means most ntr games dont get enough backs on patreon and the game turns abandoned. nothing to do with crusade.

Aug 15, 2021
Not only a crusade vs NTR but a crusade vs Old man and young girl, vs ugly guys n hot girls,vs hobos and hot girls etc etc,such a crusade vs those types that they become toxic,if you don't like a path for any particular reason simply don't play the game if you can't avoid such path,as simple as that,but instead these (vanilla guys)"you know who you are ",start whining and crying about any path that isn't (young hunks banging hot chicks),there are plenty of those games out there,play those and leave the NTR,old and young,ugly /fat and hot girls paths alone,if they're not for you then don't play them and stop being so toxic about them
Its because of conflicting tags - while the official tags as of right now are not conflicting, if you look at the planned tags section there is stuff like harem etc. As someone who does not enjoy NTR, 'optional' NTR is meaningless to me. There is no point following a game and waiting months for each update when you dislike a significant amount of content.

The reason regular vanilla games are in general more successful than games with niche fetishes is because people who like niche fetishes are likely to check out the non-controversial games however if the game has niche fetishes, the only people who will enjoy/support that kind of content are the ones who like those fetishes. By casting a wider net, you attract more potential supporters. I think this is my problem with games like this - developers who want to make a game with controversial fetishes still try to pander to everyone by making controversial tags 'optional' which in most cases simply pisses off the people who dislike that controversial content when they see development time being allocated to it.

I personally think for a game like this, the dev should just go all in on the NTR and make a good quality NTR game instead of trying to pander to players like me. There are plenty of successful NTR games as well and I think it is better to just focus on that instead of trying to make a game where the playerbase is divided.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Its because of conflicting tags - while the official tags as of right now are not conflicting, if you look at the planned tags section there is stuff like harem etc. As someone who does not enjoy NTR, 'optional' NTR is meaningless to me. There is no point following a game and waiting months for each update when you dislike a significant amount of content.

The reason regular vanilla games are in general more successful than games with niche fetishes is because people who like niche fetishes are likely to check out the non-controversial games however if the game has niche fetishes, the only people who will enjoy/support that kind of content are the ones who like those fetishes. By casting a wider net, you attract more potential supporters. I think this is my problem with games like this - developers who want to make a game with controversial fetishes still try to pander to everyone by making controversial tags 'optional' which in most cases simply pisses off the people who dislike that controversial content when they see development time being allocated to it.

I personally think for a game like this, the dev should just go all in on the NTR and make a good quality NTR game instead of trying to pander to players like me. There are plenty of successful NTR games as well and I think it is better to just focus on that instead of trying to make a game where the playerbase is divided.
he needs the non ntr crowd to fund his game most ntr games dont have to much patreons that is why most get abandoned before it gets halfway, so fa i have not seen any ntr games surpassed non ntr games in funding. unless i been hiding under a rock for these past 2 years.

Aug 15, 2021
he needs the non ntr crowd to fund his game most ntr games dont have to much patreons that is why most get abandoned before it gets halfway, so fa i have not seen any ntr games surpassed non ntr games in funding. unless i been hiding under a rock for these past 2 years.
The dev's criteria for fulltime development is 300 patreons. That is achievable for ntr games so I personally think the dev should just focus on making the game he wants instead of trying to pander to everyone which will only piss people off.

BratacSensei

Feb 7, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
ShaderError: p�

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3814, in interact_core
if renpy.display.draw.update(force=self.display_reset):
File "gl2draw.pyx", line 554, in renpy.gl2.gl2draw.GL2Draw.update
File "gl2draw.pyx", line 512, in renpy.gl2.gl2draw.GL2Draw.on_resize
File "gl2texture.pyx", line 75, in renpy.gl2.gl2texture.TextureLoader.init
File "renpy/gl2/gl2shadercache.py", line 278, in get
rv.load()
File "gl2shader.pyx", line 225, in renpy.gl2.gl2shader.Program.load
File "gl2shader.pyx", line 209, in renpy.gl2.gl2shader.Program.load_shader
ShaderError: p�

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266