thraxdraxtheaxe

Feb 3, 2020
I'm 100% done with the quests, but do I ever get to fuck any of the girls? What about Leah? I feel like I'm stuck. None of the girls are where I want them to be throughout the day. I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through this island. I'm the Authority, but I can't fuck anybody?

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I'm 100% done with the quests, but do I ever get to fuck any of the girls? What about Leah? I feel like I'm stuck. None of the girls are where I want them to be throughout the day. I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through this island. I'm the Authority, but I can't fuck anybody?
This is the end of current release so far. Next version will have new scenes including more sex scenes. I hope to be able to release it in one or two weeks.

The girls are on a schedule throughout the week, but there will be the option to have them do specific things, so you get more control over who is where, when.

TLDR: You will be able to fuck all of them in future updates

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Interesting, I like the fetishes but the grind bored me and I ended up giving up. I mean, the trouble with this kinda game is it is built for one playthrough and if you lose your saves you are fucked. Nobody in their right mind would ever do this twice. Think about this too, what if the game runs into save compatibility issues in an update? Most will just not bother with the game after that point. There has to be a way to speed things up and decrease how punishingly time consuming it is.

Last edited:

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Interesting, I like the fetishes but the grind bored me and I ended up giving up. I mean, the trouble with this kinda game is it is built for one playthrough and if you lose your saves you are fucked. Nobody in their right mind would ever do this twice. Think about this too, what if the game runs into save compatibility issues in an update? Most will just not bother with the game after that point. There has to be a way to speed things up and decrease how punishingly time consuming it is.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make it less grindy next version.
There is one trick to speed it up: You can skip the fading when you press the "wait" button by holding ctrl.

Reactions: AZAZEL_EMPEROR

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make it less grindy next version.
There is one trick to speed it up: You can skip the fading when you press the "wait" button by holding ctrl.
good to hear. I think with fine tuning this has the potential to be great, the base concept is good. Like the hotel management parts are just buttons and the building has nothing to do or feel connected to so you aren't really invested. Girl training at least has motivation. I also think it's too many clicks to get places on the map, the places you go to a lot should only ever be one click away. Places with limited use being two away is okay. "Town" only has two locations and you never need them at the same time. A single button that's cafe during the day and bar at night is more efficient.

Reactions: hachigames

gio_347

Apr 6, 2020
really wished to play the game but could not go further from the character naming screen on win 64 version :) thanks for the effort tho

sho1223

May 28, 2017
There is a fullscreen checkbox in the settings. There is no quickload yet, but you can use the mouse wheel to rollback actions.
Well there's also the quit button on the save screen that is mostly transparent that I missed. Maybe make it not transparent, but also I'm an idiot.

Stupid question round 2: Is it possible to spank alice with the paddle? It says I don't have enough obedience, but I have 20 obedience and she still tells me no. Is it submission or exhibitionism or whatever (the dialogue says obedience but means a different stat)? Or is it a bug, as it seems odd that it's early on the list but I was spamming butt plug (final choice) to get there.

I've finished playing this .1 and sir, you're going places. Assuming that you can import saves and keep to a solid release schedule. Some things/bugs I've noticed:
Some of the Alice cooking quests check off despite not actually doing them due to low stats. No real big deal, but that's probably not intended.
You might want to lower at least some of these requirements like Sonya's gag use. It costs money and 10 in a stat to get there, after doing the same thing over and over to grind it, only for the gag scene to be... the same scene but with a gag that does nothing compared to the regular ungagged version. Either make it unique (ring gag blowjob!) or lower requirement to something like 5, the way that the flow of the game went to me is: spend 25 in game days to clear the main story while doing alice and sonya quests at the same time, then spend an additional 15 days doing the alice and sonya quests.
Maybe put a schedule for people's hours in the status screen? In 3 months when you update, I won't remember that Alice appears in the kitchen between 13:00 and 15:00 or whatever.
Maybe add some way to make time progression easier? Like a half day skip button or something. When I'm maintaining the hotel as a quick skip button despite everything being at 10, that seems a bit wonky.

Once again though, A plus work here. Will watch with bated breath and hope patrons flock. May you never suffer burnout.

Last edited:

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
really wished to play the game but could not go further from the character naming screen on win 64 version :) thanks for the effort tho
Sorry about that. Not sure what could be going wrong for you. Maybe try windowed mode or a different resolution.
If you want you can PM me your logs C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\HachiGames\HailDicktator\Player.log and I'll take a look if there are any errors

May 13, 2018
well working ( good unity is so rare gj )
meh renders ( could be much more better but still ok )
meh writing ( not that half bad but dialogues between characters is not good )
and biggiest sin is NOT ORIGINAL
pls stop can i copy your homework shit this isn't inspiration...
everyone know which game i talking about..

good luck

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Well there's also the quit button on the save screen that is mostly transparent that I missed. Maybe make it not transparent, but also I'm an idiot.

Stupid question round 2: Is it possible to spank alice with the paddle? It says I don't have enough obedience, but I have 20 obedience and she still tells me no. Is it submission or exhibitionism or whatever (the dialogue says obedience but means a different stat)? Or is it a bug, as it seems odd that it's early on the list but I was spamming butt plug (final choice) to get there.

I've finished playing this .1 and sir, you're going places. Assuming that you can import saves and keep to a solid release schedule. Some things/bugs I've noticed:
Some of the Alice cooking quests check off despite not actually doing them due to low stats. No real big deal, but that's probably not intended.
You might want to lower at least some of these requirements like Sonya's gag use. It costs money and 10 stats to get there, after doing the same thing over and over to grind it, only for the gag scene to be... the same scene but with a gag that does nothing compared to the regular ungagged version. Either make it unique (ring gag blowjob!) or lower requirement to something like 5, the way that the flow of the game went to me is: spend 25 in game days to clear the main story while doing alice and sonya quests at the same time, then spend an additional 15 days doing the alice and sonya quests.
Maybe put a schedule for people's hours in the status screen? In 3 months when you update, I won't remember that Alice appears in the kitchen between 13:00 and 15:00 or whatever.
Maybe add some way to make time progression easier? Like a half day skip button or something. When I'm maintaining the hotel as a quick skip button, that seems a bit wonky.

Once again though, A plus work here. Will watch with bated breath and hope patrons flock. May you never suffer burnout.
Thank you. You're right, some of the quest requirements are a bit too high right now and you're not getting enough points for doing the other quests, especially when Yuki reduces the time that Alice is spending in the kitchen. I'll definitely fix that for the next version.

You can spank Alice, but you first have to unlock her obedience limit. You do that in the last story quest in this build. It's the "Busted" quest where you ask for a Blowjob from Sonya. This might be a little bit misleading as a story quest. I might have to change the description a little bit to make it more obvious as required.
After that quest, you will be able to get her obedience to the level you need. There is also a bonus buttplug scene with Alice once you did all of the other quests in the kitchen.
There is currently a little bug in that "hand spanking" doesn't progress any time so you can do that to get her levels up without having to wait for her in the kitchen all the time.

sho1223

May 28, 2017
Thank you. You're right, some of the quest requirements are a bit too high right now and you're not getting enough points for doing the other quests, especially when Yuki reduces the time that Alice is spending in the kitchen. I'll definitely fix that for the next version.

You can spank Alice, but you first have to unlock her obedience limit. You do that in the last story quest in this build. It's the "Busted" quest where you ask for a Blowjob from Sonya. This might be a little bit misleading as a story quest. I might have to change the description a little bit to make it more obvious as required.
After that quest, you will be able to get her obedience to the level you need. There is also a bonus buttplug scene with Alice once you did all of the other quests in the kitchen.
There is currently a little bug in that "hand spanking" doesn't progress any time so you can do that to get her levels up without having to wait for her in the kitchen all the time.
I did do busted. It raises her obedience to 20. I have reached 20. Either it's not obedience or something has gone wrong.

Oh, also I think in addition to hand spanking, stripping for Sonya doesn't progress time. Just remembered that.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
It took me like an hour to do all the quests and get all the current scenes in the game, so the grinding is not that bad.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Alright. Let's do this.

I think there is something to the concept of this game. I like the weird political implications. I like the kink content. I like the hints at cultural distinctions between this place and the mainland.

The actual prose is actually mostly okay. I think that the story telling gets quite a bit across.

So let's talk about the problems.

If there is one standout issue to me that you NEED to address it's the core gameplay loop. That is the way that the player progressed the game. That's because the game is mostly about raising and lowering stats/Money rather then merely solving puzzles or figuring out solutions.

Players will complain that it's too grindy. This is basically true. But, if you just try to solve it by making money and stats easier to get, it will just thin out the game and remove the gameplay component from proper function.

The real problem is that you haven't figured out a mechanism to make getting these stats and money fun. All of the hotel jobs are a boring waste of time. Getting stats with the girls involves just tons and tons of repeat scenes.

Let me explain what I mean.

In most games where there is a gameplay loop based around stats for girls, there is normally a constraint besides money. There is some kind of limited time or there are right or wrong choices and these have lasting implications. But, there is no time constraint here. Wrong choices are punished with just wasting more of your godamn time.

Consider also the Hotel jobs. There's little strategy to them, because there is no constraint on your ability to get the ones you want. You can just do jobs over and over because there's no pressing tension.

This is doubly bad because there is nothing intrinsically enjoyable about them. You never spent any time working on a reason why they'd be fun. There's no sexual content to them, and the hotel is too underwritten to engage in a narrative level.

So, there isn't actually any mechanical challenge (due to absence of time constraint) and there isn't anything that makes them fun in terms of content. So it's just a massive waste of my time.

I really hate the interactions with the girls on this level. There are very few descions points in conversation with them that have any consequences, because the relationship in this game is just stats = playtime. Also, picking different state does nothing.

You have the same relationship with a girl it you have her at Max submission but no love vs as max love but no submission. The stats are themselves only a v jicke for progression.

This goes to the lack of player choice that badly harms the game. There are all these choices for money and stats, because the progression pathway is exactly the same. It's got the storytelling of a novel, but just extra pointless mechanics on there to waste time.

So, what would it look like if you did it well?

1. There would be a number of days to achieve specific objectives as a consequence of some new narrative tension. This would make choices on how the MC spends time MATTER.

2. It would be possible to advance the core story without completing every path or objective.

3. The hotel job would have it's own mini-narrative (featuring it's own sexual content) that plays out when the player selects the money earning options. The smartest way to do this is to MOVE the maid storyline INTO the money earning job, so that way there is an intrinsic want.

4. I'd add a greater tactical flexibility to the hotel job and make maximizing money earned more intiresting.

5. I would make the stats you have with a girl matter. Every scene would feature more dialogue choices that offer more stat effects (probably involves changing the scale to 100 or more so individual choices have the right impact). Then, I'd make it so some events play out DIFFRENTLY depending on the player's stats. The ultimate goal would be to have multiple possible end-states depending on the final stats.

6. Give the player more choices internal to events besides picking the right option and winning and wrong and failing. This is what ften arbitrary and not fun. Instead, you should give the girls more base stats (reflective of multi-state) and decide options that might improve one stat or another. Pick a Domme option if you want Leah to be more Dommy. Pick an option that emphasizes your physical prowess if you want her to be more trusting. Or mentally play with her to increase her sub score. It makes the choices internal to scenes feel less like a bolted on fail state and more like meaningful agency over the game.

Altogether this would produce a tighter gameplay loop with more incentive to play it. Without more meaningful choices, charachter multi-state, and descions for players that have consequences besides wasting time, the gameplay you have now is mostly pointless.

Now. The writing.

First nitpick: The Japanese Assasin girl's name is dumb and that's all I can think when we meet her. Give her a name an actual person would have and make her less of a stereotype. I can't see her without rolling my eyes.

Second Pick: The whole cast is underwritten. You didn't spend a lot of time considering their backgrounds, intirests, unique ways of speaking, talents, wants, fears, etc. It shows. The more you have to rely on the cast in their present state, the worse you're going to end up when you have to rely on them.

Third pick: The protaganist is a blank slate, but the narrative relies heavily on who he is, what he does, and so on. But the game also doesn't give the protaganist lots of choices. If you want to do this kind of blank slate, you need to make more of his dialogue choice based and for it to have stat effects on him and the girls. The present way you have it is too thin.

Fourth Pick: Restating from above. I do not understand why this game so heavily lacks multi-state. The mechanics suggest a game with variant game states, but the whole thing is bizarrely linear.

Fifth Pick: THE BIG ONE. The entire time I played this game, the setting choice took me out. It's because you've done an exceedingly horrible job of world building.

What is this society? Why is no one there? How do they make money on a hotel with no people? These questions aren't good mysteries. They make the entire game feel weird. If the goal is to roleplay as a dictator of a small island nation, the fact that there are no fucking people is really weird and doesn't produce the "fantasy" you want at all. It's more like a game about being stranded on a desert island then a few about being a dictator.

The overall effect totally falls flat. More effort needs to go into the world building if you want to spend any time at all.

The present world building is lazy, malformed, and actively makes the game signifigantly worse for the lack of effort out into it.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I did do busted. It raises her obedience to 20. I have reached 20. Either it's not obedience or something has gone wrong.

Oh, also I think in addition to hand spanking, stripping for Sonya doesn't progress time. Just remembered that.
Oh, i looked it up the quest. Besides the paddle, you also need lvl 20 love with Alice.

When I played it yesterday from start to finish I must have already been lvl20 and didn't notice.

Sorry about that. This should be in the message you get when she declines. I have fixed that for next version.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Alright. Let's do this.

I think there is something to the concept of this game. I like the weird political implications. I like the kink content. I like the hints at cultural distinctions between this place and the mainland.

The actual prose is actually mostly okay. I think that the story telling gets quite a bit across.

So let's talk about the problems.

If there is one standout issue to me that you NEED to address it's the core gameplay loop. That is the way that the player progressed the game. That's because the game is mostly about raising and lowering stats/Money rather then merely solving puzzles or figuring out solutions.

Players will complain that it's too grindy. This is basically true. But, if you just try to solve it by making money and stats easier to get, it will just thin out the game and remove the gameplay component from proper function.

The real problem is that you haven't figured out a mechanism to make getting these stats and money fun. All of the hotel jobs are a boring waste of time. Getting stats with the girls involves just tons and tons of repeat scenes.

Let me explain what I mean.

In most games where there is a gameplay loop based around stats for girls, there is normally a constraint besides money. There is some kind of limited time or there are right or wrong choices and these have lasting implications. But, there is no time constraint here. Wrong choices are punished with just wasting more of your godamn time.

Consider also the Hotel jobs. There's little strategy to them, because there is no constraint on your ability to get the ones you want. You can just do jobs over and over because there's no pressing tension.

This is doubly bad because there is nothing intrinsically enjoyable about them. You never spent any time working on a reason why they'd be fun. There's no sexual content to them, and the hotel is too underwritten to engage in a narrative level.

So, there isn't actually any mechanical challenge (due to absence of time constraint) and there isn't anything that makes them fun in terms of content. So it's just a massive waste of my time.

I really hate the interactions with the girls on this level. There are very few descions points in conversation with them that have any consequences, because the relationship in this game is just stats = playtime. Also, picking different state does nothing.

You have the same relationship with a girl it you have her at Max submission but no love vs as max love but no submission. The stats are themselves only a v jicke for progression.

This goes to the lack of player choice that badly harms the game. There are all these choices for money and stats, because the progression pathway is exactly the same. It's got the storytelling of a novel, but just extra pointless mechanics on there to waste time.

So, what would it look like if you did it well?

1. There would be a number of days to achieve specific objectives as a consequence of some new narrative tension. This would make choices on how the MC spends time MATTER.

2. It would be possible to advance the core story without completing every path or objective.

3. The hotel job would have it's own mini-narrative (featuring it's own sexual content) that plays out when the player selects the money earning options. The smartest way to do this is to MOVE the maid storyline INTO the money earning job, so that way there is an intrinsic want.

4. I'd add a greater tactical flexibility to the hotel job and make maximizing money earned more intiresting.

5. I would make the stats you have with a girl matter. Every scene would feature more dialogue choices that offer more stat effects (probably involves changing the scale to 100 or more so individual choices have the right impact). Then, I'd make it so some events play out DIFFRENTLY depending on the player's stats. The ultimate goal would be to have multiple possible end-states depending on the final stats.

6. Give the player more choices internal to events besides picking the right option and winning and wrong and failing. This is what ften arbitrary and not fun. Instead, you should give the girls more base stats (reflective of multi-state) and decide options that might improve one stat or another. Pick a Domme option if you want Leah to be more Dommy. Pick an option that emphasizes your physical prowess if you want her to be more trusting. Or mentally play with her to increase her sub score. It makes the choices internal to scenes feel less like a bolted on fail state and more like meaningful agency over the game.

Altogether this would produce a tighter gameplay loop with more incentive to play it. Without more meaningful choices, charachter multi-state, and descions for players that have consequences besides wasting time, the gameplay you have now is mostly pointless.

Now. The writing.

First nitpick: The Japanese Assasin girl's name is dumb and that's all I can think when we meet her. Give her a name an actual person would have and make her less of a stereotype. I can't see her without rolling my eyes.

Second Pick: The whole cast is underwritten. You didn't spend a lot of time considering their backgrounds, intirests, unique ways of speaking, talents, wants, fears, etc. It shows. The more you have to rely on the cast in their present state, the worse you're going to end up when you have to rely on them.

Third pick: The protaganist is a blank slate, but the narrative relies heavily on who he is, what he does, and so on. But the game also doesn't give the protaganist lots of choices. If you want to do this kind of blank slate, you need to make more of his dialogue choice based and for it to have stat effects on him and the girls. The present way you have it is too thin.

Fourth Pick: Restating from above. I do not understand why this game so heavily lacks multi-state. The mechanics suggest a game with variant game states, but the whole thing is bizarrely linear.

Fifth Pick: THE BIG ONE. The entire time I played this game, the setting choice took me out. It's because you've done an exceedingly horrible job of world building.

What is this society? Why is no one there? How do they make money on a hotel with no people? These questions aren't good mysteries. They make the entire game feel weird. If the goal is to roleplay as a dictator of a small island nation, the fact that there are no fucking people is really weird and doesn't produce the "fantasy" you want at all. It's more like a game about being stranded on a desert island then a few about being a dictator.

The overall effect totally falls flat. More effort needs to go into the world building if you want to spend any time at all.

The present world building is lazy, malformed, and actively makes the game signifigantly worse for the lack of effort out into it.
Thank you for your feedback and you took the time to write this detailed review. What you are describing is essentially what I'm aiming for. For this first release I tried to give a core story line and relationships that can in later updates be transformed and decorated with more and more side and main content, as well as more impactful decisions.
The same reason I mainly focused on the girls first. This as you said correctly had a negative impact on depicting the world.
You're right that the world/island very a bit bland right now, but I definitely work on it not staying that way.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I'll try to do better with every update from here.

Reactions: Lexstok

sho1223

May 28, 2017
Don't give up dev! Rome wasn't built in a day. This is a great .1 build, and most devs with good .1s end up burning out because they try to reach for the sun before they can reach a lamp. I think when the requirements lower on certain quests and the hotel being a bit of a chore to start up (maybe make it so the deterioration is at 2 to start if you want to make it easier?) are either addressed or blanketed by a longer form of content (by the end of my run, I had hotel putting out 1000 consistently with only minimal pokes to keep the gears turning), people will love the inherent uniqueness of the setting and characters.
But yeah, maybe change the Kunoichi surname because I mostly just put that to placeholder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hachigames

gio_347

Apr 6, 2020
Sorry about that. Not sure what could be going wrong for you. Maybe try windowed mode or a different resolution.
If you want you can PM me your logs C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\HachiGames\HailDicktator\Player.log and I'll take a look if there are any errors
cannot pm you for some reason :/ probably because I am new

4.30 star(s) 206 Votes