knowlang

May 2, 2020
Though my android phone is good enough but the game crashes every 15 minutes. Unity/Unreal may not be a good choice for VN type of game.
Doesn't have much to do with Unity, moreso with the whole sessions update (where you can switch clothes, poses, customise etc.) which has added hundreds (maybe thousands?) of additional assets. The system is in its infancy, so I'm not surprised there are issues with mobile. The customization hachigames has done with Untiy which reduces the amount of work for updates just wouldn't be possible using something like Ren'Py, plus more advanced things like the sessions system.

wichman06

Nov 12, 2018
Hello all, I have a little problem, who know where is the save files on Mac Os, I need it...
Thank you for your answer ;)

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Hello all, I have a little problem, who know where is the save files on Mac Os, I need it...
Thank you for your answer ;)
I unfortunately don't have a mac to try but the saves folder on Mac should be in

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/hachigames/HailDicktator
on older version of MacOS either:
  • Code:
    ~/Library/Caches folder
  • Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/unity.hachigames.HailDicktator.

wichman06

Nov 12, 2018
I unfortunately don't have a mac to try but the saves folder on Mac should be in

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/hachigames/HailDicktator
on older version of MacOS either:
  • Code:
    ~/Library/Caches folder
  • Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/unity.hachigames.HailDicktator.

Thank you, I try it ;)

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Seems to be a leaked alpha/beta or something like that.
Interesting.
Wasn't aware the next version was already this playable by the time we got the previous update here.
I assume the dev isn't too happy about that and I can't really blame him.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
the next update is usually released to top patreons when the last version goes public I think That's what they pay for

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
the next update is usually released to top patreons when the last version goes public I think That's what they pay for
That seems rather unusual to me.
Not that high tier patrons get the game first, that's business as usual, but that the new version is ready by the time the previous one goes public. Apparently Hail Dicktator has a much faster update cycle than I was aware.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
V8 this was release to top level on 11th Sept, lower level on 18th Sep and goes public on 2nd Oct V7 first release was about 22nd Aug so a 4 week cycle.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Ok, an update a month seems pretty fucking fast.
No idea how it compares to games with slower but much larger updates but still, kudos to the dev.

Reactions: hachigames

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
I would say that every update has sufficient content to be worth bothering with. Non of this Sh 1 ty `/3 or 1/2 day updates I think it's VFM. Yes I am a bit of a fan it is deffinately in my top 3

• Red Heart
Reactions: hachigames
4.30 star(s) 207 Votes