frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Making the player do things like use the toilet, brush their teeth and shower?

Damn, I was sure I was right. :D

Different strokes, I guess. I think Dr. Amana is pretty good and it uses the therapist as a frame (like the kid in the Princess Bride movie or the Chronicler in the Kingkiller novels) with all the other action being shown in flashbacks as the protagonist talks to her.
Well I have been to real ones and they aren't that good. That only happens in fantasy.

Reactions: Ultimate_end

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I have waited so long to play this but I am loving it so far.

and ahem... Zoey Raven I have played quite a few games with your walkthroughs and I love how easy they are to follow.

It doesn't even seem like this game gives points so it must have been through trial and error. Very commendable. Thank you. :love:

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
For the previous release, the unzipped incest patch contained a 'game' folder. I expect this one is the same.

That folder contained all of the episode .rpy files. So if you extract into the installation folder the existing files in the 'game' folder will be overwritten. Or, if you extract elsewhere, you could copy all of those .rpy files into the 'game' folder yourself.

Of course, in any case you will need to replace (when asked) the existing files.

EDIT: Uh oh! The zip file for this release does NOT contain a game folder. So this one needs to be unzipped into the 'game' folder.
Thanks
Walter
;)

Seems to be updated now, the extracted zip file is now the game folder :)

Reactions: Walter Victor

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i'm currently playing a Sandra & Haley route .. please if you add things about this update .. put it in a spoiler ..... thanks :)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hi folks, can I ask for some help with an error? I installed the new 0.94 patch, got this error, then deleted and reinstalled without the patch but got the same error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
This is not a bug, it has to be a consequence of something you've done wrong. This shouldn't happen.
I hope you haven't been extracting new releases of this game on top of previous ones?

The variable you're missing was introduced in the previous release (episode 22) of the game on the non-Sandra path.
Unless you've skipped that part, of course (Totally doable by using some cheat mod, a mod that tries to remove Adriana or something like that. Or by using dev console and jumping directly to any part of the game).
By properly playing through the previous part this variable should have a boolean value, depending on the choice you made to either go and look at Adriana's new apartment (and move in there with her and Haley in the future) or not to (and choose the future path with Lisa instead).

If you have been using a mod, then go there and ask about this problem.
If you used dev console to skip a part of the game, then you should be able to deal with the consequences, to read the code and also know how to set value to a variable that you missed :rolleyes:

About the duplicate sections of dialog with the therapist. It seems that a section of code for incest was added to that for non-incest and got into both downloads. [One section refers to player_name, the duplicate to your brother.] Upon reviewing both the code and the images, it doesn't appear that anything is missing.

I do wish they would pay more attention to testing. The quality control for the code in this game has been abysmal throughout. This particular error is one that appears in whichever route you are playing, and is in both the incest and non-incest code. It is IMPOSSIBLE to miss if you actually play the release through in at least one route.
Where is that duplicate section? In the non-incest version only? Or both? I think I missed it and can't find it, otherwise I'd fix it. A sentence from dialog could help me to find it.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Incest patch ep23.rpy. Have not looked in non-incest version.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is no duplicate part of the script it the incest version patch I downloaded. While line 1792 and the following part looks the same, the part starting at line 1845 looks like this:
Python:
                h "\" You said I don't have to talk about anything I don't want to.\""
                ma "\" That's true.\""
                hide r23_168
                show r23_170
                with dissolve
                " Her gaze becomes downcast."
                hide r23_170
                show r23_171
                with dissolve
                ma "\" We need to move beyond the jokes and banter.\""
So I'm guessing that it was fixed after you downloaded it and before I did.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
There is no duplicate part of the script it the incest version patch I downloaded. While line 1792 and the following part looks the same, the part starting at line 1845 looks like this:
Python:
                h "\" You said I don't have to talk about anything I don't want to.\""
                ma "\" That's true.\""
                hide r23_168
                show r23_170
                with dissolve
                " Her gaze becomes downcast."
                hide r23_170
                show r23_171
                with dissolve
                ma "\" We need to move beyond the jokes and banter.\""
So I'm guessing that it was fixed after you downloaded it and before I did.
The duplicated text isn't in the patched version I have either, but ep23.rpy lines 1842 to 1894 still duplicate lines 1789 to 1841 in the standard/Patreon version I downloaded at the same time.

A few other typos have been corrected in the patch but not the standard/Patreon version.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
The duplicated text isn't in the patched version I have either, but ep23.rpy lines 1842 to 1894 still duplicate lines 1789 to 1841 in the standard/Patreon version I downloaded at the same time.

A few other typos have been corrected in the patch but not the standard/Patreon version.
Thanks for the info! (y)
I don't think I'm going to work on fixing both versions of the game, sticking with the original incest version.

Reactions: Meushi

blockstone

Jul 1, 2018
Is this because of the walkthrough mod or something i've done? Started when me and Victor visited Alexandra
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/ep22.rpy", line 2877, in script
    alex "\" You keep your phone charged, and take good care of your sister.\""
Exception: Sayer 'alex' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\d\Desktop\xxx spel\Haleys Story\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "C:\Users\d\Desktop\xxx spel\Haleys Story\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Sat Aug 22 12:20:07 2020
Edit: and then, when back with Haley again the issue is gone

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Is this because of the walkthrough mod or something i've done? Started when me and Victor visited Alexandra
Code:

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\d\Desktop\xxx spel\Haleys Story\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "C:\Users\d\Desktop\xxx spel\Haleys Story\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Sat Aug 22 12:20:07 2020
Edit: and then, when back with Haley again the issue is gone
Considering the error message, highly likely because of the mod.
Has the mod even been updated to match v0.94 yet?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It has been, yes
It looks like you have combined some patches on top of the original game.
Walkthrough mod is still using Alexandra's character variable named ax, as I implemented in the v0.93 bugfix patch and there is no variable named alexis in the walktrhough mode's ep22.rpy
Original v0.94 uses alexis instead, as does my bugfix for v0.94.

It seems that you have added some patch (my bugfix patch?) on top of the mod that replaces ep22.rpy of the mod with the v0.94-based file with alexis variable in it, with the script.rpy file still from the walkthrough mod.
Any patch that replaces episode script files and isn't from the walkthrough mod eliminates modifications added by the mod and since the mod is still using a variable that has been replaced in the original game with a different one leads all attempts to mix modifications or patches that are using different variables for Alexandra's character to this kind of errors.

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It looks like you have combined some patches on top of the original game.
Walkthrough mod is still using Alexandra's character variable named ax, as I implemented in the v0.93 bugfix patch and there is no variable named alexis in the walktrhough mode's ep22.rpy
Original v0.94 uses alexis instead, as does my bugfix for v0.94.

It seems that you have added some patch (my bugfix patch?) on top of the mod that replaces ep22.rpy of the mod with the v0.94-based file with alexis variable in it, with the script.rpy file still from the walkthrough mod.
Any patch that replaces episode script files and isn't from the walkthrough mod eliminates modifications added by the mod and since the mod is still using a variable that has been replaced in the original game with a different one leads all attempts to mix modifications or patches that are using different variables for Alexandra's character to this kind of errors.
Alex is defined in the base script file

Not sure what the user did/didn't do but if their script file doesn't have it there it would return that error.
Also just checked the lewd patch for that episode and it's correctly labled as Alex there.

So something was changed on their end like you said.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Alex is defined in the base script file

Not sure what the user did/didn't do but if they're script file doesn't have it there it would return that error.
Also just checked the lewd patch for that episode and it's correctly labled as Alex there.

So something was changed on their end like you said.
I just downloaded that wt mod before I posted my previous answer.
It replaces script.rpy with one where Alexandra is defined as ax.
ep22.rpy of the wt mod also uses ax.

Put my bugfix on top of it and it replaces ep22.rpy with one that uses alex as it is in the original v0.94

I thought I was pretty clear about it. You kind of missed that it's the wt mod that we were talking about?

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
This is not a bug, it has to be a consequence of something you've done wrong. This shouldn't happen.
I hope you haven't been extracting new releases of this game on top of previous ones?

The variable you're missing was introduced in the previous release (episode 22) of the game on the non-Sandra path.
Unless you've skipped that part, of course (Totally doable by using some cheat mod, a mod that tries to remove Adriana or something like that. Or by using dev console and jumping directly to any part of the game).
By properly playing through the previous part this variable should have a boolean value, depending on the choice you made to either go and look at Adriana's new apartment (and move in there with her and Haley in the future) or not to (and choose the future path with Lisa instead).
Thanks for the reply. No, I don't use consoles or mods, just the incest patch. I recall from part22 that I did not stay with Adriana. If that's where the problem is, I'm happy to go back to an earlier save and try playing through again.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I just downloaded that wt mod before I posted my previous answer.
It replaces script.rpy with one where Alexandra is defined as ax.
ep22.rpy of the wt mod also uses ax.

Put my bugfix on top of it and it replaces ep22.rpy with one that uses alex as it is in the original v0.94

I thought I was pretty clear about it. You kind of missed that it's the wt mod that we were talking about?
No. I was pointing out that you keep saying alexis when the user's error has alex is not defined.

I was in agreement that if alex isn't defined that the user changed something be it WT mod or something else

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes